Ideas for finger buffet food

Sparky67

Tomorrow night I am going to an annual Christmas Quiz. Each team takes some nibbles and things to eat. My family usually take lots of different crisp type snacks, and although I try to keep away from them, once I start I go onto automatic pilot and can't stop.

What can I take that I can nibble on without doing too much damage?

Oooh, I could do a dip and some veggie crudities, that's a good idea.

And the onion bhajis look a good idea - I could do mini ones on a stick?

I am trying for syn free as far as I can so I won't do too much damage if I go onto automatic pilot!

Mini quiches in ham are yummy. How about ham rolled up around quark and roasted red peppers cut into little spirals on sticks?
Or how about some salads-potato, rice or pasta salad? Hth

Quorn sausages or low syn sausages (Tesco low fat Cumberland are my favourite - 1 syn each)cut up and cold on sticks.
Frittata cold and cut into squares.

I have made a syn free hummous style dip with carrot and cucumber sticks, the onion bajhi (sp?) thingys, and some mini quiches.

I have also got Christmas Cake, but I won't be eating that.

if you need a crisp fix velvet crunch are only 4 syns!Also you'll be surprised how filling 2 boiled eggs are! As i discovered the other day :eek:)

I made lettuce boats filled with prawns. Basically I got some little gem lettuces (think that's what they are called), really small leaves, then made a low cal/low fat sauce with extra light mayo and ketchup, and filled with prawns.

Hope i've explained that ok.

Even people who were free to eat the vol au vents and sausage rolls were keen to have these healthy options.
x

I made a Thai main dish into a starter for my birthday, Can't remember what it is called. It was basically minced pork, cooked with fish sauce, oyster sauce (would have to check syns for a couple of tablespoons), chopped fresh chillies and then some fresh sweet basil stired through at the end. Served in little gem leaves.

Not very practical to transport if you've got to take it somewhere, but it's easy to cook, eat and it's delicious!

Home made quorn burgers.........

roast a red pepper, mince a couple of quorn sausages mix in chopped red pepper, finely diced onion, mix half a stock cube, whichever you fancy, or some curry powder, or cumin with a beaten egg. Mix egg in with your quorn mix. Line Yorkshire pudding tins with baking paper, heap the mix into each section in a hamburger shape and bake in a hot oven, about 200 fan assisted until crispy and brown on top. Delicious hot or cold.

Back