Ideas for quick, non-boring, at work lunches?

Pootle

Silver Member
I am re-starting SW after a long break and a dabble with 5:2. I go back to work next week after the Christmas holidays and am thinking of ideas for quick lunches for work.
We have a canteen, serving the lunches for the children where I can get a jacket spud and beans but I have to pay £2 for these and they are often tiny. I know I can do it myself much more cheaply, the problem is time and the queue for the microwave in the staff room.
Does anyone know if jacket spuds can be cooked the night before and reheated the next day without spoiling?
I could also take homemade soups and salads. The key is not being idle and preparing the night before, something I need to get better at! My New Year resolution perhaps?

Last edited:
I have re heated jackets the following day, I'm not going to lie, they're not he same as just being out the oven but definitely edible! How about some pasta?

If I am having a jacket for work I take a McCain frozen one as I find them better than re-heating a home cooked one. I think they are 1 syn because they have a little bit of oil on the skin but that's not bad.

I will also have quiche and salad. Made with eggs, low fat cottage cheese and then I add lots of vegies like tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. You could have this cold or heated.

I also made a tomato pasta and sauce up and mix with tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms and I will eat this cold xx

Thanks ladies, I just need to motivate myself to make something the night before. Mornings are too rushed with a son to drag out of bed and get to high school and me to get ready for school myself; we have to be out of the house by 7:30 am.

Last edited:
I quite often have a pasta salad of pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, sweetcorn, spring onions/chives and some sort of meat, with light salad cream mixed in.

If I'm feeling particularly frivolous I may even boil up an egg and chop it up to go with my salad! :D

Had a jacket potato with tinned spaghetti on it today, plus a little bit of cheddar as my hex A. I have to be honest, I found the potato really bland without the lashings of butter I normally have on it too.

I just made falafel last night and have those in a pitta with salad and hummus today.. they were really easy (recipe on SW website)

Back