Ideas for sides to go with meat dish, instead of pasta or potatoes!

calirose

Hiya!!! I know its a long title, but i was wondering if anyone could recommend anything to go alongside my meat dish in a meal! I make lots of different chickens in sauces etc..but i always have rice, pasta or cous cous with it! I dont like having potatoes cus u dnt get that many for the PP. I would like to try some different beans...not just kidney, anyone have any ideas? I dont like cooked veggies apart from broccoli really, so it kind of limits me in what i can eat with a meal :( x

Have you tried butternut squash?! I never have potatoes with my main meal as would rather keep my points for my pudding!! ;)

Anyway I usually par boil my peeled and chopped squash and then add to a roasting tray with about a half a cup of stock, loads of crushed garlic, italian herbs and red oinion and then roast for about 30-40 mins. So delicious!!

I also make mashed carrot and turnip as an alternative too!

:)

Whiteybitey said:
Have you tried butternut squash?! I never have potatoes with my main meal as would rather keep my points for my pudding!! ;)

Anyway I usually par boil my peeled and chopped squash and then add to a roasting tray with about a half a cup of stock, loads of crushed garlic, italian herbs and red oinion and then roast for about 30-40 mins. So delicious!!

I also make mashed carrot and turnip as an alternative too!

:)

Sounds delish. Going to try that!

Definitely recommend butternut squash it's lovely :) I also do a cauliflower mash- just mashed cauliflower ha as my alternative to potatoes

Mmmm mashed cauliflower sounds like it could be nice!! I will have to buy some and try it out :) x

I buy in frozen veg so when I need a side its easy to pop it in steamer! My favourites are cauliflower broccoli and green beans :) x

Yeah i think im going to try mashing up some veggies :) thanks guys! x

Ahh i dont really like cooked vegetables which is my issue :( i dont mind broccoli, or if you mash and mix cooked veggies..but on their own i dont like. Ive tried to like stir fry veggies and no luck :( i suck ahaha. x

Cauliflower and broccolli cheese is good to, equal size florets and either a laughling cow melted over the top or 30g philli light (both 1 pp) and put under the grill. Delish. x

Chop up some onion, mushrooms, grated carrot, chopped up broccoli, cauliflower and whatever you have.

Put oven proof dish on hob and spray with a little fry light. Lightly fry onion then throw in rest of veg stir around for a minute or two. Then add 2 tins tomato, sprinkle of mixed herbs, 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1-2 tsp smoked paprika and stir. Put in oven at 180 degrees for about and hour. Its yummy and extremely healthy xx

Back