Ideas for the freezer

janny

Can anyone help? I'm off work next week for half term, and hoping to do a few freezer meals while I'm off to make life that bit easier term time! I usually do: Lasagne, chilli, cottage pie, but hoping for a few more ideas that aren't all mince based. Thanks all x

How about making some soups, you can buy pour and store bags for the freezer. Or a big vegetable curry, you can throw anything in.

ohhh yes, soups/pasta sauces like it. Anything that I can get out of the freezer in the morning to cook as quick as poss when I get home from work. Thanks x

you could do your self some chicken/beef casseroles, fishcakes, i make a large frittata thingy and slice it and put it in the freezer

Do some curry sauces and then you can add cooked chicken or prawns or beef to them and you won't need much cooking that way

Hi, just a quick question. I've never batched cooked or froze something I've made:rolleyes: Though being a busy mum this sounds like a great idea. So here's the question: When you've cooked the stew/lasagne or whatever, what do you put it in to store it in the freezer?

Thanks

My favourite ATM is BNS and sweet poatato curry (I googled for a recipe and found a few similar ones).

With regards to what I freeze it in, I use old pasta sauce/passata/jam jars for sauces, tupper wares or zip lock bags for stews and curries and I "invested" in extra lasagne dishes so that I can make up the lasagne and freeze it in the dish, uncooked. That way I can pop it in the oven and serve it as it has been freshly made.

Oh and Violet, start batch cooking!!! I love cooking, but there is so many more fun things to spend time on!

i couldnt do the diet if i didnt freeze food lol. its only me doing it so when i make a spag bol or chilli or stew i always freeze what i dont eat. on a weekend every few weeks i do a mass cook up make lots of different things to freeze. its a life saver honestly recommend it to all

the sausages recipes and the kofte meatball curry recipe in the jan/feb magazine are seriously yumeeeeeee and you could easily freeze them :)

Also my pasta bolognese and chilli recipe in winter warmers can be frozen too! :) you could make large batch up and just change the seasonings for each one.

Back