• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ideas for the freezer

dehli

Silver Member
How about making some soups, you can buy pour and store bags for the freezer. Or a big vegetable curry, you can throw anything in.

ohhh yes, soups/pasta sauces like it. Anything that I can get out of the freezer in the morning to cook as quick as poss when I get home from work. Thanks x

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Hi, just a quick question. I've never batched cooked or froze something I've made:rolleyes: Though being a busy mum this sounds like a great idea. So here's the question: When you've cooked the stew/lasagne or whatever, what do you put it in to store it in the freezer?

Thanks

My favourite ATM is BNS and sweet poatato curry (I googled for a recipe and found a few similar ones).

With regards to what I freeze it in, I use old pasta sauce/passata/jam jars for sauces, tupper wares or zip lock bags for stews and curries and I "invested" in extra lasagne dishes so that I can make up the lasagne and freeze it in the dish, uncooked. That way I can pop it in the oven and serve it as it has been freshly made.

Oh and Violet, start batch cooking!!! I love cooking, but there is so many more fun things to spend time on!

i couldnt do the diet if i didnt freeze food lol. its only me doing it so when i make a spag bol or chilli or stew i always freeze what i dont eat. on a weekend every few weeks i do a mass cook up make lots of different things to freeze. its a life saver honestly recommend it to all

MrsBabyCakes

Naughty Fridge Picker
the sausages recipes and the kofte meatball curry recipe in the jan/feb magazine are seriously yumeeeeeee and you could easily freeze them :)

Also my pasta bolognese and chilli recipe in winter warmers can be frozen too! :) you could make large batch up and just change the seasonings for each one.