• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

ideas for unsocial working hours!!

Maireadikins

Loving MiniMins :)
hey everyone

im a receptionist in a hotel an struggling with eating at the correct times. if i start work at 7.30am i dont get my lunch til 3pm!! by this time i am ravenous. and they supply you with food in the hotel usually chicken goujons and chips or burgers etc, obv this is out of the question. so i usually just wait til i get home at 4 but then it doesnt keep me full up til bed time like my dinner at 6pm would :( advice please!!

(the other shift i work is 3.30 - 11.30 and i dont get my dinner break to 9pm.)

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
poor you! is there no way you can keep some chopped fruit/veg/bitesize food on you at the reception that you snack on dead quick and with discretion? do they do things like grilled chicken? I can only think having a massive breakfast, snack when you're home then a big meal at 6pm? I hope you find a way x

Loser85

Gold Member
Couldnt you maybe have a cup a soup and drink at the desk? Or a wee flask of home made soup? Or chopped up fruit or veg? A salad in a pack up box? Some loose salad leaves, ham, toms and cucumber? (put any dressings in a seperate tub and take a napkin, you dont want dressing on the telephone ;))

Maireadikins

i take grapes most days as ther handy to pick at! but to be in work for half 7 iv to be at half 6 so im quite disorgainised at that time as you can imagine! i always have weetabix the min i get ther tho before i open the office but by 11 im hungry again because iv been up quite a while, its annoying me cause on my days off i breeze through :) which is good i suppose. but the cup a soup idea is good i hadnt thought of that! we're allowed tea etc so they wont no any different lol. Thank you ladies!! Xx

Nope pudnpie theres isnt unfortunately, the law is you are entitled to a break after 6 hours of work and then its only 20 mins, bet the people that made this rule have longer breaks

Maireadikins

unfortunatley thats jus the way the hospitality industry goes!! its soooo busy an our breaks are paid which is quite uncommon so u have to wait until the end of lunch service which is 3pm, kinda sucks :( but have an interveiw for a new job on friday so fingers crossed!!