ideas for unsocial working hours!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by Maireadikins, 7 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Maireadikins

Maireadikins Loving MiniMins :)

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey everyone

im a receptionist in a hotel an struggling with eating at the correct times. if i start work at 7.30am i dont get my lunch til 3pm!! by this time i am ravenous. and they supply you with food in the hotel usually chicken goujons and chips or burgers etc, obv this is out of the question. so i usually just wait til i get home at 4 but then it doesnt keep me full up til bed time like my dinner at 6pm would :( advice please!!

(the other shift i work is 3.30 - 11.30 and i dont get my dinner break to 9pm.)

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. daisyleah

daisyleah Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers propoints
    poor you! is there no way you can keep some chopped fruit/veg/bitesize food on you at the reception that you snack on dead quick and with discretion? do they do things like grilled chicken? I can only think having a massive breakfast, snack when you're home then a big meal at 6pm? I hope you find a way x

4. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Couldnt you maybe have a cup a soup and drink at the desk? Or a wee flask of home made soup? Or chopped up fruit or veg? A salad in a pack up box? Some loose salad leaves, ham, toms and cucumber? (put any dressings in a seperate tub and take a napkin, you dont want dressing on the telephone ;))

5. Maireadikins

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i take grapes most days as ther handy to pick at! but to be in work for half 7 iv to be at half 6 so im quite disorgainised at that time as you can imagine! i always have weetabix the min i get ther tho before i open the office but by 11 im hungry again because iv been up quite a while, its annoying me cause on my days off i breeze through :) which is good i suppose. but the cup a soup idea is good i hadnt thought of that! we're allowed tea etc so they wont no any different lol. Thank you ladies!! Xx

6. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That seems completely unreasonable to go without a meal break for so long. Isn't there laws against that kind of thing?!

7. NeedsMotivation

NeedsMotivation Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(24.15%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers ProPoints
    Nope pudnpie theres isnt unfortunately, the law is you are entitled to a break after 6 hours of work and then its only 20 mins, bet the people that made this rule have longer breaks

8. Maireadikins

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    unfortunatley thats jus the way the hospitality industry goes!! its soooo busy an our breaks are paid which is quite uncommon so u have to wait until the end of lunch service which is 3pm, kinda sucks :( but have an interveiw for a new job on friday so fingers crossed!!

9. daisyleah

daisyleah Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers propoints
    good luck on your job interview x

10. Maireadikins

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thank u :) so hope i get it! wee bit more socialable an a wee bit more money lol Xx

11. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with your interview.

Yes. I bet the people who made those laws have a nice long leisurely lunch in their subsidised restaurants and claim it back on expenses!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.