Ideas for wholegrain pasta..

laurenmay

Gold Member
I eat whole wheat brown pasta, and wanna start having some for lunch in work with roasted chicken breast chopped up. Only problem is I expect this will be super dry! Does anyone have any ideas that are low cal and low fat as to make this dish not a dry one?

I know there's plenty of pasta sauces out there, but most are pretty high in calories. Only decently low one I've come across so far is WW which comes in rocket and mozzarella or roasted garlic and herbs - and their 50 cals for half the jar.

Apart from pasta sauce, I can't think of anything else to mix with the chicken and pasta to take the dryness away?

I think it depends what you like. Whether youre looking fir a cold version or a hot sauce if youve got a microwave.

The extra light Helmans is ok and I only use a little bit. But you can cut the cals and fat even more by using half and half of the mayo and very low fat creme fraiche or natural yoghurt. You can add into it whatever herbs and flavourings you like then. I often add in mustard and black pepper. But I also chop up lots of cucumber, sweet pointed red peppers, and onions to go in my pasta salads.

If you like to eat something hot you should buy slimming worlds sauces book. It's only about £3 but has recipes for many yummy sauces in it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back