Ideas needed for brunch :)

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi Everyone

We're trying to plan a brunch for 8 people the day after boxing day. It has to be things that you can eat just sat around and not necessarily at a table with a knife and fork (as we dont have the space)...... my thoughts so far are SW pasta quiche and muffins of some sort.

Any ideas or recipies would be much appreciated !!!!! Thanks :D

I have recipes for carrot or blueberry SW muffins if you want them (3.5 syns & 3 syns). Other than that I'd do the breaded mushrooms mentioned on here a while ago, spring rolls out of the last magazine, and krisprolls with some quark pate (smoked salmon, mushroom or mackerel?) :D

Mmmm the krisprolls and pate sound good, I bet they are yummy :) I really dont want anyone to think its diety if you know what I mean. Are the muffins really nice or are they diety ???

melonand grapes/fruit salad with diet lemonade or flavoured sparkling water or fruit skewers baby potatos cooked in frylight with pasata and black onion seeds (these are yum)

Oh definitely fruit skewers !!!!!! - thanks Jo Jo :)

You could use left over veg from Christmas day to make bubble and squeak patties and serve them with fried eggs and slices of gammon.

haven't tried either of the recipes for muffins so I can't say, sorry. But no-one will believe you can have any muffin on a 'diet' anyway! lol

Smoked salmon roulade made with low fat cream cheese
Cous cous salad (stock, cumin, cinnamon, sultanas,- throw in pomegranite seeds and fresh coriander once cooked)
Chicken drumsticks
A baked ham?
Roasted peppers stuffed with cous cous
Potato wedges
Homemade hummus and tsatziki with lots of chopped veg crudites
Satsumas
Pickled onions

xxxx

I did a brunch for a women's group last Saturday. I made a 'breakfast casserole' that I had when I lived in the States and made it SW friendly (free on EE day). It was so delicious that everyone was asking for the recipe. I also served chunks of fresh fruit and then danish pastries/brioche/croissants that I didn't eat :D.

This is how I made the breakfast casserole. Grate raw potatoes and squeeze out all the excess water. Put it in the bottom of a pyrex dish that you have sprayed with frylight. Then dry fry bacon until crispy and break into pieces. Get some syn free sausages (I like the Morrisons ones). Take the sausages out of the casings and fry and crumble into pieces. Sprinkle the bacon and sausage pieces over the potato. Then beat lots of eggs and season with salt and pepper and worcestershire sauce. You can also put in onions, mushrooms, pepppers at this stage if you like. Then pour the egg mix over the dish and put in the fridge overnight. Next day, top with grated cheese (optional) then bake in oven for about an hour. Enjoy :D You can cheat by using frozen hash browns (or similar) in place of raw potato but you'd have to count the syns. I then cut it into squares and serve with ketchup :D

Thanks everyone ! Especially for the recipes, definitely ones to try :)

Back