Ideas please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by sassie, 20 January 2010 Social URL.

1. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All

I need some ideas. My bf has been getting very stressed recently with his job (teacher) which means he's not sleeping properly and thinks of nothing but school. I want to do something nice for him to cheer him up a bit and to take his miand off of it but i'm lost for ideas! Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    A night out at the theatre or a concert maybe?? You could cook a really nice meal then go out, would he like that? If he is out & has to concentrate on something else it will take his mind off it

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Awww bless your heart!!!

I am a big believer that nicer home life makes poopy work life more tolerable. It's not easy to achieve sometimes because you can't turn off at home, but it's worth the effort and he'll adore you more for it :)

Ok...some of these are gifts I've gotten my OH and past bfs which went down well...others are just ideas lol

1 - Get him the original issue of fave book (if he's a reader)
    2 - As above but with song (got my man mate the original release of Love Will Tear Us Apart as it's his fave song and he LOVED it as he's a big music fan)
    3 - As already said, a night out to something he likes. I got my OH tickets to a film he was gagging to see for the opening night at a fancy cinema and took him out for dinner first. I put the tickets in a card telling him how much I appreciated him and he was all gooey (for a guy)
    4 - Finances allowing, a weekend away somewhere to maybe a European city or somewhere in the UK
    5 - A new gadget. Does he have an MP3 player? If not, get one and put his fave music on it for him.
    6 - A massage at a man friendly salon? If he's not sleeping it might help relax him.

I am sure whatever you do he'll love. Stress at work is often because of not being appreciated and knowing you appreciate him will make his day. Put a heart felt note into the gift wrapping or card and I am sure he'll love it :D

Gorgeous thread :) xx

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    An aromatherapy massage? :) Dilute some lavender oil down and make it up as you go along.

6. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    LOL just added that to my list - doing it at home would maybe be more special too :D

7. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Footie match for a saturday afternoon.

Lynda

8. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Something like that would be good. I've looked and can't find anything on near me unfortunately so that would have to wait for the weekend and i'd like to do somehting tonight... nothing like short notice :)

9. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I might do the massage thing. I'm actually a qualified massage therapist but my 'treatment room' is like a chinese laundry at the moment! If I can clear it out tonight then it's decided!

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it and hopefully so will he!

10. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.

Great idea.......could lead to a lot of de-stressing!!...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.