• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Idiot alert :)

Well only losy half a pound today and was really disheartened etc. Until the Consultant started speaking about cough medicine...well for the past week i have had an awful cough and been supping it like there is no 2moro...me been an idiot didnt realise there was a syn value lol.

Well i wont be doing that again :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
To be honest i wouldnt even have thought to syn cough mixture!!
Ive taken lemsip after lemsip before and not even considered it may have a syn value! Think we're allowed to be blissfully unaware if we're poorly sick tho! :D

I wouldn't have known about it either but now I come to think of it, when we were kids we called it cough syrup (not cough mixture) so it stands to reason that there's probably tons of sugar in there.

MissHP

Silver Member
I had a cough before Christmas and the syns soon add up with cough syrup and throat lozenges!

Cough syrup, 2 level tsp 1½ syns
Cough/throat lozenges, 2 sweets 1½ syns

Helen x

Never thought about that! Glad I've read this as Im starting with a cough and cold x

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
You can get sugar free linctus and strepsils though! So all is not lost!

Lempsip is just a hot lemon drink, with paracetamol, decongestant and vitamin C. So take the decongestant with paracetamol in tablet form and have a hot blackcurrant or lemon sugar free squash.

Plus you dont have to limit the hot drinks but you do have to stick to the lemsip limits due to the medication. ;)

When I started taking medication, the instructions for which said I shouldn't have Lemsip, I asked my doctor about it and he said that he thought things like Lemsip were a waste of money anyway. He said to take paracetamol and a hot drink with lemon and honey and whisky!!
(I loved my doctor, I was so sorry when he retired!)