Idiot alert :)

Sarahlou89

Well only losy half a pound today and was really disheartened etc. Until the Consultant started speaking about cough medicine...well for the past week i have had an awful cough and been supping it like there is no 2moro...me been an idiot didnt realise there was a syn value lol.

Well i wont be doing that again :)

oh no I didn't know that either I had a bad cough last week and was taking it like there was no tomorrow last week

To be honest i wouldnt even have thought to syn cough mixture!!
Ive taken lemsip after lemsip before and not even considered it may have a syn value! Think we're allowed to be blissfully unaware if we're poorly sick tho! :D

I wouldn't have known about it either but now I come to think of it, when we were kids we called it cough syrup (not cough mixture) so it stands to reason that there's probably tons of sugar in there.

I had a cough before Christmas and the syns soon add up with cough syrup and throat lozenges!

Cough syrup, 2 level tsp 1½ syns
Cough/throat lozenges, 2 sweets 1½ syns

Helen x

Never thought about that! Glad I've read this as Im starting with a cough and cold x

You can get sugar free linctus and strepsils though! So all is not lost!

Lempsip is just a hot lemon drink, with paracetamol, decongestant and vitamin C. So take the decongestant with paracetamol in tablet form and have a hot blackcurrant or lemon sugar free squash.

Plus you dont have to limit the hot drinks but you do have to stick to the lemsip limits due to the medication. ;)

When I started taking medication, the instructions for which said I shouldn't have Lemsip, I asked my doctor about it and he said that he thought things like Lemsip were a waste of money anyway. He said to take paracetamol and a hot drink with lemon and honey and whisky!!
(I loved my doctor, I was so sorry when he retired!)

Back