IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Sarah come and play with my diet :)

I don't know if I'm disciplined enough...carb cycling?... I have this thing, where I open something carby and well I demolish it so it's not in the house lingering and looking at me :eek:.....carbs scare me :( x

I had a couple of weeks like that Sarah, then two good losses, so I probably thought I was onto something good... I don't measure but clothes tell a good story and, although one pair of my size 14 office trousers fit, I'm still a 16 even though they gape...

on a train... waiting for take off... tummy is rumbling loudly. 8 people in compartment with me. muffins or crabsticks? at least I spared them chicken legs or boiled eggs haha...

I don't know Jo, I'm not fond of the road less traveled when it comes to diets, I like knowing/seeing or being told of good results with a plan, unfortunately what I'm doing has none of the above, sketchy reports online at best from people who you're not sure exactly what they did/do or whether it will work, I am so impatient that treating myself as a guinea pig on a week to week basis is very unsettling.

I'm really feeling a lot more tired this time around on low carb than I ever have before, skin's drier, legs colder....dunno am considering upping the carbs but as I said to Vicky they do scare me as my Dad says I go up and down like a balloon on carbs....

As for crab sticks vs muffins, I'd go with muffins as I find them less attention grabbing from none dieters :) but that's just me, I'm actually really craving a crab stick but they're all frozen in the freezer and too carby for my macros for the day :eek:....d'oh.

travel safe and have a good weekend x

Oh forgot to mention I'm now tracking on myfitnesspal, according to it I should lose 1lb per week with current food intake.....we shall see - I don't trust the calories in>calories out hypothesis x

But If you have healthy carbs? No chocolate or biscuits!!!! Ooh add me on mfp lvllt or lvllm I can't remember lol.

I must say I've been known to eat boiled eggs on the train... people like to stare!

Lol pogmom, I gave my otherwise imperturbable PA a fright this week, she caught me knawing on a chicken leg at my desk for breakfast ( had gone for an early swim so couldn't eat before I went). She thought I'd finally cracked...

Ah us low carbers and our weird foods. It's funny Vic cos I tend to associate the word carbs with rubbish food, but I've never tried healthy carb introduction (because, on Dukan Conso, it was the gala meals which were my downfall then having a day off but a REAL day off as only I can!)

For those of us who aren't seeing great losses on low carb low or high fat any longer, it's probably worth a try. For me though without any more diet books. just adding something one day and seeing...

strange you're so tired though Sarah. I'm full of energy as always when dieting.

I can well picture your PAs face. I try not to let people see what is in my lunch tupperware to avoid hearing their comments and my defensive replies! Best all round ha...

Yes I think us carb junkies do think of carbs as bad. ( Jo I'm sure we have had this conversation on your diary before or am I having deja vu) I got some lovely puy lentils and quinoa last shop and will be having chilli with kidney beans and whole grain rice this week. It's processed carbs that are truly bad. What's wrong with carby veg for example like parsnip Swede ? I'm not fussed on potatoes unless sweet potatoes anyway or chips ;) carbs can be good but in moderation and the right amount of carbs. Funnily enough I have just check my ketostix and I am in ketosis even after porridge and wholemeal bread ? Maybe that's what this diet I'm doing does ? Confuses the body lol x

I got a shock today when I realised there were carbs in cabbage/swede and quite a few of them....know they're healthy carbs but all the same it did come as a bit of a shock,

highly recommend myfitnesspal for logging so you can "see" what you're eating.....

I feel less tired today Jo, started the day out healthy carby and it's having a postive effect it seems :)

I wasn't this tired on Dukan before, but have been on a lot lower carbs recently than Dukan....upped to 10% now x

How many carbs you having I think I was on around 50 on duka n x

Oh I missed the entire discussion :mad:!

I just threw caution to the wind and had pork tenderloin over the weekend - mum made it into a vindaloo and i have one more bit for today (PP day) roasted (or actually baked) in the oven with some spices.

Didn't affect the weekly loss, so YAY! I can eat pork!

My thots on carb cycling:

- PP days I eat less than 50g carbs (counting my cappuccinos and oat bran and wheat bran and sometimes skimmed milk powder in a cake or wrap!)
- PV days - PP 50gs plus veggies - and counting these on mfp I have stayed within 100g

From all I've read, keeping carbs below 50g can have the same effect as keeping them below 20g. And with the alternate PP/PV days we pretty much do carb cycling on Dukan without actually counting anything :p.

I will admit, I have become a little more liberal with the amount of fat I've been eating - and I mean on my steak or mince, not added butter or oil. I dont trim out the bit of fat on a steak anymore I just eat it :D. Feels like I'm leaning more toward Atkins on that count. But that's only when we eat out and on a heavy exercise day.

Hope everyone's having a good day and a lovely weekend!

I do around 50-60 on low Carb days. Atkins only is 20 to get into ketosis then you should increase by 5g per week to see if still losing. I lose better a little higher carb.

I do around 50-60 on low Carb days. Atkins only is 20 to get into ketosis then you should increase by 5g per week to see if still losing. I lose better a little higher carb.

Vicky taught me to steadily increase carbs ... and watch.

It works!

P x

It's true that Duran is higher carb anyway than Atkins with oat bran and wheat bran and carby veg every other day and, yes, you're probably right Bonkers that the alternating probably helps too.
I used MFP a lot before restarting Dukan this time bit find it fuels my OCD tendencies and makes me too manic about weighing and measuring. neither of which are necessary for Dukan.
I'll hang in for a bit longer but know thus isn't real life eating.

Hi Vicky

Do you look at net carbs only when you counting? Even now that you are doing carb cycling?

It's true that Duran is higher carb anyway than Atkins with oat bran and wheat bran and carby veg every other day and, yes, you're probably right Bonkers that the alternating probably helps too.
I used MFP a lot before restarting Dukan this time bit find it fuels my OCD tendencies and makes me too manic about weighing and measuring. neither of which are necessary for Dukan.
I'll hang in for a bit longer but know thus isn't real life eating.

Oh no! Didn't notice you updated your stats! Maybe it is the pork :confused:

I'm too lazy to weigh and (this is from Siddid) will end up staying on Conso for the rest of my life to maintain :rolleyes:

Hi yes net carbs only ! Using mfp religiously !

I've seen you guys discuss net carbs before on Atkins. what does MFP give us? I had 37 yesterday and input my day's food. taking train to work cos it's raining boo... walked 2k with brolly in 17 mins but it was horrid...
I have an event on March 23 I think so will think re upping carbs slowly between now and then so as not to totally blow it.
need a good weigh in on Friday. nipped on today and over a pound off since last Friday's gain... but with fluctuations it could all change by this Fri...
good day to all x

Morning jo ! Net carbs on atkins. Ooh what event ?

Back