IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

What's the verdict?

I forgot that the signature doesn't show. 65.3k. I'm amazed!

Result! Well done x

I forgot that the signature doesn't show. 65.3k. I'm amazed!

well done on your surprise Halloween weigh :) I don't know what Fitbit is....so I will google Fitbit now as I am imagining something tagged to your leg, like a recently released prisoner :0 xxx

Hey Jo,

Well done on the weigh in result, and congrats on your incredible amount of walking! Mine isn't nearly that much, although I've been reaching my 10k step target pretty consistently. Have you synced your fitbit with mfp, by the way?

The temperature was gorgeous this weekend but has plummeted today, so pack the woollies for your trip, and good luck eating (relatively) healthily!

Cx

oh yes Andy, I am tagged! My fitbit is in my bra logging each and every step I take and encouraging me to take more and more! Yes Caro, I synch (so on MFP you see the credited calories which I try not to eat all of). However, I'm consciously increasing my calories this week as I'm in England next week and so don't want to have a silly weight reaction to suddenly eating a load more! ho hum! 65.2K weigh in today. That's about 10K lost since giving up dieting! haaaaa! I don't have you as a friend on Fitbit Caro... Can't figure out how to find you either!

Anyway ladies, I'll be off forum for a while because of data roaming charges and my dad doesn't have broadband so I won't have wifi access very often... x

Enjoy the trip, jo!

PS I'm not on Fitbit as I'm using jawbone up, so I don't think I can connect with you :)

Loving that you are losing without trying! And still enjoying your occasional treats.

Hope you having fun on your travels xx

To be honest, "without trying" isn't quite true, but I've shifted the focus somewhat onto the exercise... and then the food seems to follow naturally. And I eat healthily veg, salad and fruit quite naturally, having the odd portion of pasta/quinoa/rice... and treats at the weekend. I've definitely cut back on my meat/fish portions too as Dukan had encouraged me to eat humungous portions!!

I have even proven this to be a winning receipe as, when it hardly stopped raining all weekend, I simply... ATE! grrrrr!

So... feeling plumper and bloated and in need of a rain solution (when will it stop?!!!). For now, I see no rain, so I'll be able to walk to work at least!

Popped in to say Hi xxx
X

Hellooooo! Lovely to see familiar faces around here at the moment.

I thought I'd copy and edit here a post I just put on Andi's thread (to remind myself when it all goes pear shaped for me at Christmas!). So this is my plan:

Although no longer on Dukan, I am learning to live in the real (food) world again (again? who am I kidding - I've never been there!!) and when last in England I allowed myself fish and chips, Indian takeaway or whatever, but just one meal like that in the day. Breakfast was galette. The other meal was salad. Snacks fruit only. And I walked. I gained but nothing like previous visits and didn't feel cheated because I'd had stuff that very day! I even went into our favourite baker and bought cornish pasties and cakes for the family, and prepared myself a salad. Heroic? Not really. I kept my mind fixed on the Indian takeaway I'd enjoy far more that evening for having obeyed "my rules".

So I am going to write up my Christmas menus in advance and stick to them. ie plan the treats. Have them. Then the other meal is a good un!

Just my take on things... it's working for me for now :)

As I'm off for the holidays from tomorrow, this will most likely be my last post here for a while.

I wish you all good luck over the holidays and a very Merry Christmas.

x

Hello Joanne, how are you doing? I am still working on taking off what I gained over the holidays and by the look of it will continue to do so for a while! Hope you had a good one and one that was much better controlled than mine was. :)

Hello there and lovely to see you! I'm good thank you. My weight isn't toooo bad but I predictably lost the plot over the holidays and, since I'm continuing to refuse to diet, the gain isn't dropping off! But I'm convinced that it helps my eating disorder by not jumping straight back onto the diet band wagon (so as to be able to eat more and more subsequently), so I'll hang in there. I'm still walking loads and try to compensate for heavier than usual days. I'm having a go at "clean"(well ish) eating. With Dukan we cooked from scratch a lot of course, and I still do on the whole (and still have a galette probably four mornings a week cos I like them and they're convenient and so much more filling than anything else I've tried!).
I'll update my stats.
x
PS Are you far from your goal?
Jacqs - great to see you too! Where are you at?

Hello Jo

Its been a while since I posted. I see you still going strong with the "clean" eating and walking? How is the husband and the kitties?

I don't come on here often with work and a new life (if you have time - posting an update on my thread shortly).

You take care xx

Back