IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Aww - he is getting used to the fireplace very quickly, isn't he! Gorgeous.

I love rescue cats: our current 2 came with us from China when we moved, and have settled into the UK very well. No fireplace in our house, but they'll be glued to the radiators very soon :)

Cx

Morning all,

Everything still going swimmingly. If I had one criticism of myself, it would be my unfailing need to push treats to the limit at the weekend, particularly Sunday night! I'm still enjoying summer fruit from the market (and neighbours' trees when invited to go and pick) and so I'm eating far too many, and then adding in my usual treats too). Over the week, when I'm far more strict, it all comes out in the wash so to speak which would probably equate to a loss if I didn't behave so badly at the weekend! (Less) Food for thought!

My fitbit/walking obsession continues. I regularly walk 80km total in the week (to and from work, weather permitting) plus weekend hourly walks too. I walk fast so cover the distance relatively quickly. If ever anyone accompanies me, I feel I've not had a proper walk!! This activity is obviously helping with my calorie burn too and helping me get away with my weekend excesses. Something someone like me will push to the limit of course.

Meanwhile it's such a joy to have my entire wardrobe at my disposal. Actually half of it is now too big (but I won't make the mistake of getting rid of things AGAIN! Far too costly to replace endlessly!!). I just look at the items in disgust and horror at the thought that they used to fit me! Another "tactic" which seems to help me at the moment. Whatever floats one's boat!

Onward and offward ladies!
x

Brilliant Jo and do you really need to lose more if your clothes fit? Treats are what weekends are for xxx

Hi Jo :) long time no speak, just checking in to say...

Glad to see things are going well, when I lost the weight last time I go rid of all bar for one bigger outfit, then if I have to wear that one because nothing else fits, it's a wake up call, I have 24-48 hours to rein things in before I run out of clothes, good incentive for me lol :) - well that was the plan until recent months when I was able to gain a huge amount of weight and still fit the same clothes for a long time albeit snugly....I seem to distribute the lard quite evenly it seems....can be anywhere from 10-13 stone and still a size 12-14....

xx

Vicky - I know what you mean, and that's why I do relax things at the weekend, but I am nonetheless conscious that I'm not "behaving" well around food in doing this (ie eating way beyond hunger) and so this won't help me in the long run.

Sarah - I'm really pleased to see you (and wish you wouldn't keep disappearing! You know we don't mind what you weigh but like to keep in touch with you!!). I got to the stage that I needed a duvet cover rather than my wardrobe to cover me and so it really is lovely to have the choice again. It's true that sometimes getting away with fitting into things while gaining weight isn't so great after all as then suddenly we grow out of them and are in trouble when it's a work day and we can't lounge in jogging pants! Is a fitbit something you might consider? You might find it ticks a few boxes for you as it has me as the likelihood of my overeating after walking/exercising is far reduced and I'm loath to lounge around until I've done my requisite 10,000 steps (up to 18,000 weekdays most often!). I'm happy to talk any time if you need to offload!

I see that the weather is set for improvement (here at least) which will be great!

Happy weekends to al
x

Hey Jo, it's been a tough time aside from the weight, kinda mangled my head for a bit, end result being negative on the weight side of things, on a bit more of an even keel now :), glad you've good weather there this weekend, it's supposed to warm up here too over the next few days :) at the moment it's bit dreary and overcast.

On the subject of fitbit...which I'm guessing is some kinda fancy pedometer? I'm actually (are you sitting down?) exercising! :) Have been now since I started back on my franken-plan (aka diet) :).....I wont lie and say I enjoy it, but it definitely shows in my mood when I don't exercise :) so there's my incentive!

Have a great weekend! x

:sneaks in quietly:

i do the same at week ends when not dieting and Sunday night is my danger time too, it has also been pizza and treat night and it has gone from 1 treat to a cake and then a chocolate bar as well and the pizza then a fizzy drink, I undo all my goodness in the week.

i have really struggled this summer with clothes as I was at least 1 size smaller last summer and got rid of all my big clothes and have had to re buy some stuff. When I was getting bigger and things were getting snug like work things I did realise I had to do something but just didn't manage to find the Will power. But I did find I gained quite a bit of the weight back before I couldn't epwear stuff anymore it has only been the last 10-7lbs out of a 28lb gain that has really made it impossible to wear things.

Lovely to see you again too Ann. There's definitely something about Sunday evenings. The "back to school" effect!

X

Love that you have been exercising Sarah x hope you having good weekend Jo !!

Back to school effect!! :) I love it lol........it's so true though that the reins always seem to get a little loose on the weekends, maybe that's the key somehow...not managed much in the way of exercise this weekend, had some weird viral thing, felt painful eyes, joint twinges, nausea, headaches....not been nice at all, thankfully not been actually sick (I hate that)

Hope you had a good weekend x

Morning campers, and great to see such a busy forum (even if it's hard to keep track of everyone at the moment!!).
All is well in my world. (For those who mightn't know,) I'm not on Dukan any more, and have switched to my own eating plan and increased my walking (fitbit one keeps me going!) and am loving it. After years of dieting, I feel I've finally found a way to eat a way I can live with in the week, with treats at the weekend, provided I keep up the walking. 85km last week haaaa!
I've lowered my target weight twice. I'm not really looking to go lower particularly, and have a week off looming in 10 days (and those who know me well might remember how much I can gain in a week!), but am quietly confident that I can happily continue this while on holiday... perhaps having a more reasonable "normal" gain after a holiday rather than my usual "eat all you can for 7 days" mantra!
Onward and off it comes... keep walking! it really works!
x

Hi Maintainer, very interesting to see that walking is working so well for you. I have been trying to lose weight for a few months now, tracking my weight on a scales that reports to an app on my phone. I had a treadmill that I dusted off and decided to try do a 4.7 mph walk for 40 min. I noticed that my weight doesn't jump around each day. It's just going down in a nice smooth line. In SW they say exercise is totally up to you and not essential but I think I'm getting hooked on this walking because it does seem to make a difference! Who knew! The most innocent exercise I can think of and it makes such a difference! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you for posting Fran. The benefits are incredible to me as I'm finding that I'm far less stressed too... and I'm always wanting to beat the previous days distance or timing so am pretty nippy.

I'm concerned that it mightn't be as easy in the winter to motivate myself...

Can anyone recommend a dance or aerobic type dvd I could buy? (I hate floor exercises.) That would be a good rainy day thing to do!

Thank you for posting Fran. The benefits are incredible to me as I'm finding that I'm far less stressed too... and I'm always wanting to beat the previous days distance or timing so am pretty nippy. I'm concerned that it mightn't be as easy in the winter to motivate myself... Can anyone recommend a dance or aerobic type dvd I could buy? (I hate floor exercises.) That would be a good rainy day thing to do!

30 day shred is brill or I love tabata which is really short bursts of cardio. X

How about downloading a 30 day challenge app :)

Cos I didn't know you could. I just wanna prance around, not do exercises... and it's easier on the TV. So any dvd's (or apps which correspond to that?). I used to love Mr Motivator!

Ministry of Sound dance DVDs? :)

I'll have to look that one up. I suppose I could put any music on and have a boogie otherwise. I'm okay with stretching and exercising to music if standing up. Just not keen on floor stuff!

I'm currently contemplating buying a miner's hat with a light on (and a pepper spray) and I'll simply go out walking in the dark! :D

Back