IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Well I have eaten so much this morning I think I'm going to pop!

Dukan friendly, I trust!!
Can you remind me of the dates you'll be free for dinner in Paris? We'll be able to see each other, with offspring (yours not mine!) and other halves for a meal?

Perfect. Of course my stuffing has been Dukan friendly. Discovered a new filling for my sponge cake; quark with a little sweetener and approx 1 portion set s/f jelly. All mixed together and plonked in the middle of my sponge. Reminiscent of strawberries and clotted cream!!

We are coming to France sat 23rd so it will be the week commencing Monday 25th July - how exciting! Must warn you though my family are gluttons!!

awh Mrs Scrumps - you wanna come too?

Hippo looks perfect to me. I think weds would be good as should have done disney (can't believe they want to go again!) by then. Kids are keen to see Paris proper though!

Lunch with a group would be tough for me to respect the time limit imposed here... but lunch with you, and dinner with all, would be great. Not same day perhaps?!!! Or else why not!

I'll block Wed evening for dinner anyway. Hippo it is then. We'll do specifics nearer the time. (what's the transport like to get back to your hotel from Paris in the evening?)
x

Oh not sure - we were going to get the train in from St Remy Chevreuse? I was only thinking of grabbing a quickie the two of us for lunch.

perfect re lunch too. I know a Dukan friendly place ;) Same day?

Gosh that's 1.5 hour ride away (metro + RER) :-( Is there a train line too?

ooh Hippo looks wonderful!

I personally think the steaks are "small" (despite my ordering the 200g one - just shows how big steaks I'm used to at home, ooops!) - but at least I don't feel deprived!

Ha true - the started look yum. I had to actually shut the page down!
Have a nice weekend Jo x

You too Vicks... (don't drink too much!! You Atkins folk are BAD!).
Mousey - have you booked the hotel? It sounds like a real hike!

It's a gite - we just wanted to be able to get into Paris but wanted to be out of it really, so we are up for the trip into Paris. - but thanks for the info. We like to stay in remote places really and then have a mixture of long days out and trips closer to base and even staying on base.

Last edited:
Oooh gite is good! Much nicer than hotels and you're free to do your own thing.

No Bank Holiday here today (but we had 30°C at the country yesterday, so I can't complain too much at a "short" weekend... well I can, but oughtn't!!). Thursday is our holiday - a religious one - "Ascension", so I've booked Friday off too and we'll be at the house for a long weekend.

I was very hungry this weekend, both "mind" and "real", and I think I came out of ketosis last week when intentionally increasing my veg/salad/goji carbs to try to "normalise" things a little, without going into Conso whole hog.

I ended up completely ravenous, so ate and ate Dukan stuff on Saturday (including double ration of oatbran - best thing at this times). Perhaps this urge to EAT came from knowing I was having a planned treat Sunday lunchtime (aperitive with a neighbour, and I decided I'd eat and drink what everyone else was - be "normal" for a change instead of refusing invitations always).

Sunday, I was awake at 6am, running through in my mind what I'd eat as soon as I got up. Finally I jumped up, showered, and started Dukan PP cooking at 6.30am. My other half was not impressed at the noise, and got up announcing his intention to go out early to the field and do some weeding and hoeing. "NO... don't go until I go out at 8am (with a neighbour) for a long walk, please", I begged. He was mystified but accepted another coffee and I kept him house prisoner until I left for my walk! (I was scared of what I'd do if left alone...).

The 1H30 walk did my head much good, and aside from the 2 x kirs and a few crisps!), I stayed on the "eat all you can Dukan" wagon for the remainder of the day.

Not good behaviour Jo.

Worse still, I found myself hiding the quantity in my plate from my other half so that he didn't think I was being greedy... my father has a lot to answer for (ref comment last weekend). I even ate straight from the fridge in secret.

So losing the weight really isn't the end of it... not for someone like me.

Going back into ketosis because I daren't do otherwise at the moment... aaah!

Oh Jo, it sounds like you did well, to be fair.

If it's Dukan-friendly, eat as much as you need. If your OH comments, put salt in his coffee:D.

My Mum was good at comments too, GGRRR at your Dad, poor you.:(

Thank you. I intentionally documented the episode because I am now doing what I always tell others NOT to do... 3 x PPs - hopefully to spare myself a four day weekend of hell!

Back