IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Tight trousers today... feeling a little like orphan Annie in my baggy trews at work, I thought I'd slip into something smaller this morning (and boy I'm trusting those seams not to give!). At least in smaller clothes, we feel more motivated to make them looser!

Emma - I'm really shocked at my stupid mistake and wonder indeed if the milk (added to other dairy consumed) caused my very slow loss + even gain a few weeks ago. The egg custards are now eliminated Mon to Thurs evenings, but will still figure weekend evenings as I'm up so much later and enjoy them mid-evening (usually when OH is raiding the cupboard of "other things").

So... walking to work as usual, via the building of one of my bosses, where I'm leaving her some work so that she can avoid coming in (and being seen) on her holiday!
x

Smaller trouser way to go!!!!!! You go Girl :D

woop Jo :D true smaller trousers are better. thats whats keeping me going. that muffin top!

I'm built differently to you cos I don't have a muffin top. (Everything's gone southward!)

OMG Jo - how can you live in Paris? Did anyone see the Raymond Blanc program last night? He visited his mate in his Parisienne patisserie; the pastries and cakes looked out of this world - I can resist many things - but boy those looked good! Thank goodness I don't live anywhere that sells such delights!

Jo, fantastic news being in a smaller size - it won't be long now till those start to feel baggy too!

I saw Raymond Blanc last night, they all looked sooooo delicious! I love to bake, and whilst I've definitely done less of it (muffins aside) since being on dukan I've not stopped altogether and managed to hand it out without feeling tempted. I am so trying some of the stuff he made last night!

Jo, fantastic news being in a smaller size - it won't be long now till those start to feel baggy too!

I saw Raymond Blanc last night, they all looked sooooo delicious! I love to bake, and whilst I've definitely done less of it (muffins aside) since being on dukan I've not stopped altogether and managed to hand it out without feeling tempted. I am so trying some of the stuff he made last night!

The eclairs looked good but I thought he ruined the croquembouch <spelling?> thing by sticking the bride and groom on top!! I thought the stuff in Paris looked the best!

Sorry to patisserie-jack your diary Jo - and fab news re the trousers!

haaa... why do you think I walk to work so early? Actually, the aromas from the boulangeries - all doors opened as I walk past - are very cruel. And they're everywhere. Thankfully, on Dukan proper, I don't get the calling but many of you know how many croissants/pains aux chocolats etc I have been known to put away in one sitting if I start! (12, 14? for those who don't know me)

So another day, another different pair of trousers and these ones fit. Lee "on the waist" size 10 U.S. (I've other 10s from US that my big toe won't pass through so their sizings are weird too!).

I've half day on Friday to pick up our new (year old) car so the weekend is that bit closer than usual. Although it'll be a faff at the garage, it'll be lovely to get through the traffic earlier than usual and start the weekend at teatime Friday instead of bedtime as usual!

No problems with diet. Loved finding little (labelled!) packages in the freezer for midweek lunch. Makes all that food prep at weekends worthwhile. Am walking loads at the moment - great stress reliever. Went to a Japanese speciality grocers last night, and stocked up on konjac (equivalent of £1.70 for packet to barely serve 2 people). They sold gojis too (equiv of £8 for 250g!)
x

Jo are you making goji muffins?

And great work on those size 10 trousers. I hope to be catching up with you soon on that one xxx

Thank you Bren, but they're U.S. size 10 so theoretically a UK 14 (but they're not cos my 14s are big on me... so shop sizes have gone a little peculiar!!). Just to confuse me further, I've some U.S. 10s which I can't get my big toe in yet!

Goji muffins yes I've made at the weekend, but I don't give up my savoury ones in the week cos I love them so much. I've just tested the recipe really, made a batch, and tasted one, freezing the rest (cos they're extra bran!).

x

Wow on those noodle prices. Its the biggest adjustment for me on lowcarb, cant have a week living off 9p noodles in order to spend food money on other things.

What colours the new car?

Yes I find those prices obscene too.

errm... Black. But before agreeing to it, I made my other half swear that he'd polish it every weekend! Clean black is gorgeous. Alas, like white, not an easy colour to keep looking nice though!

Tee hee our car is storm grey metallic and gets about 1 annual wash after the winter ;-)

Just like our current one!

Morning Jo, well done on the trousers, but yes sizes are strange even same shop different style can be immensely different x

You're so right there Vicky re sizes, but I'm not wearing my orphan annie clothes any more.

Today I'm in a pair of "Jones of New York - Sport" size 10. It's the first time I've been able to get into them since my friend sent me her goodie box so it's all good :D

Being in tighter fitting clothes is actually motivating me far more than my looser offerings...

24H until car change... I'll be glad when that's all over, all the papers are signed, and (sssh the salesman hasn't remembered he'd said he'd deduct £500 on the part exchange for our not having done the service currently due (booked in for 2 weeks time - will cancel once we've got new car) - which he omitted to do after our lengthy price negotiations!!)...

Beautiful sunny day today... after a 1°C freezing windy start...

lol at the car jo. are you naming her/him?
its still foggy here!

BTW Jo I have found the perfect way to avoid eating! Have the cat snuggled up happily on your lap - and when you can't bear to disturb her it keeps you away from the kitchen! It's not helping my attempts at work though :)

Back