IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Enjoy today Jo - sparkly new ring on your finger to admire and hope you don't lose!!! x

The ring is on my finger (which also sports nail polish for the first time in a heck of a long time!)... OH got up at 6am to give it to me (awh!).

Today is a big day... not only the ring but also the first non Dukan meal since Jan 2. I've chosen a Japanese restaurant (for sushi + those small yakitori kebabs) and I will have dessert (not that Japanese deserts are anything to write home about!).

I am walking an hour to work, then an hour to the restaurant tonight.

(and yes I'll be picking up the usual routine again tomorrow - not recommended for cruise of course - but I've lived most of my life either dieting or binge eating so this will be restrained for me!).

You may show a slight gain tomorrow due to your new rock weighing you down! ;-) have a great time tonight & congratulations again x

Enjoy your meal tonight (and your ring forever:D) and bless your fiancé for getting up so early.

hope you have a lovely meal tonight and enjoying your bling... but wheres the pic of said ring huh ???

seen your comment on the sweet n sour sauce it was very yummy :D

Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tblsp of vinegar
1 can of fanta ZERO (has a few more calories than allowed on dukan but makes 4 good portions)

Chop up some peppers onion carrot put everything in a large pan Simmer till thickened

And you have sweet n sour sauce mmm

Really tasty and very quick to make! I added a wee bit extra vinegar & salt at the end to alter the taste slightly :)

Have a lovely day and a nice evening!!

Thanks for the recipe Ellie (I wonder what I could use instead of Fanta zero which I've never seen here). I do so love sweet and sour sauce!

Thanks to all... here's the ring. My hand looks horrid!

Attachments

• P1010005 - Copy.JPG
    P1010005 - Copy.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 59
most diet orange drinks would work ... i used tescos own brand one instead of fanta

So, after a tough walk home (through tourists, stragglers, then my own little leggies finding it hard work), dinner was lovely. We had the full menu (dishwater soup, little salad, then mixed plate of sushi, sashimi and maki, followed by a few little yakitori kebabs and rice. Pud was a few pieces of nougat. Afterwards I was so full I felt ill actually and this morning OH has weighed in (not me!) and has refused to tell me how much he has "gained" (so that's telling!). Oh well. I shall drink plenty of water today.

Lunch out with my old boss to show her my ring. Usual place. Usual food, so PL lunch and PP dinner... PP tomorrow, and Sat lunch... that's all I can face at the weekend!
x

Lunch out was postponed to today so I was glad to have my lunch at work anyway in case!

+400g for the sushi (but I'm reliably informed it would have been far more yesterday). Given that I had actually lost weight this weight, it's rather demoralising. In fact, looking at my stats for February (100% Dukan up to 29th and about 180km walked), I'm thinking something does need shaking up...

I do accept that perpetual restarters never find it as easy to lose (after the initial water loss), but 200g lost over a month is pathetic!
So, given that I've a weekend away with friends this month AND a week's holiday at the end (and I did stick to 2 x months Dukan as I swore I would, bar one meal on 29th), I'm thinking of returning to a DIY plan. More on that if and when things work out!

I have extra motivation for sticking to it having given my waist measurement as being 76cm (29") for a dress, so... And PP days will still figure, and I'll avoid my traditional trigger foods of course. In fact, I'll probably do "Dukan + fruit" next week to see how I get on.

Anyway, temperatures due to nose dive again after the weekend (nothing like before mind) so I shall enjoy my Friday in jean and sleeveless top before the chill sets back in!

Happy weekend to all and thanks for the support this week!

Your ring is lovely, Jo.:)

Sorry about the gain, but I've beaten you hands down:p. Wonder what it would have been without my chicken fest yesterday?

My own plan - PV + fruit + cheese + oatbran when at home, whatever anyone cooks for us when not and strict PP once a week when we've had invitations (might stick to galette, 1 x chicken and 500gr fromage blanc from now on - was easier than usual PP days).

Off to check the weather forecast - hope it stays dry at least as no windows in the new room until next weekend. Will be most upset if we can't get out - it's been lovely this week especially.

Have a great weekend.:D

Huge congrats to you Jo!! Gorgeous ring and very exciting news xox

Many thanks Couteaux. I admit that the whole shebang has put a spring in my step!

FINALLY a decent Friday weigh in. In fact, the lowest weight I've seen this year... I've stuck at Dukan this week, despite being fed up with my lack of results, and I was rewarded!

I've no worries this weekend, with a normal weekend in the country to come with walks and healthy cooking. The following one is a different kettle of fish altogether. We'll have to see how I can balance Dukan with staying with people, eating out and wanting to be normal! lol

Just been reading about your engagement! Congratulations!! Its our 20yrs anniversary this year :) we went to the register office grabbed 2 witnesses then went to Paris for a week...told everyone when we got home. . . Which didn't go down well with some! But after 30yrs together (we married 10years to the day we met 1hen I was 14 and he was 15 ) 8 lovely children later its all good. :) here's wishing you many happy years together x

Hi,

just catching up - glad you had a good WI - clearly Spring has sprung! Your ring is gorgeous - I never even got one... We just decided to get married, overlooked the fact that most people still have a proper engagement first!

I also had a funny experience - I only weigh sporadically but for some reason I stepped on the scales at the weekend, after a week of average conso without slip-ups, and read 66.6, then over the week this the dropped to 65.2 on Thu am without any special effort on my part :-D but it HELPS! Now to keep to this until Easter! (better update my diary)

Have a good weekend!

Back