IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

congratualtions Jo .... you look stunning and i love your dress :D

Well MRS Maintainer if you look fat in that dress then I'm a Dutchman - bought a wee tear to my eye - you look absolutely stunning and beautifully slim...... If you can't go a bit mad after your wedding then not sure when you can! Enjoy being a Mrs - fingers crossed you will keep the food demons under control..... I think you look ab fab at this weight and accepting it as a correct size for you is defo half the battle..... I am attempting to do the very same... Thank you for sharing your pic! xxx

You look absolutely stunning and, as Trudy says, thanks for thinking of us and posting the pic. I'm glad it all went so well - you won't know what to do with yourself now there's no wedding to plan! As you say, 11 stone is a great deal healthier than 22 stone so if that's where you can stick without a struggle then that sounds like the right weight for you. Take care and visit us again soon xx

Congratulations you look beautiful xxx

Congratulations you look beautiful xxx

Congratulations!! X

Jo I totally missed your post (for which I apologise - been ill for a few days - sitting for long periods is an issue...)

I have to say you look BLOOMIN' GORGEOUS!!! in that picture, the dress is beautiful, you look glowing with health and happiness - so whatever you ;) or hubby is doing - please keep doing it! :)

So glad it all went to plan for you and wishing you both a wonderful married life together xxx

Good morning diary and all, and thank you for your lovely comments and good wishes,

All good things come to an end of course, and the return to work was pretty much as expected, but I'm still smiling two full weeks later so my memories of a lovely few days with family and friends are still seeing me through. As we didn't have a photographer but asked friends to take pictures, we received loads and have been trawling through them to make up a nice wedding album for ourselves. In these digital days, it's rare for us to print a photo but it'll be nice to have a proper old fashioned paper album!

I've not officially changed my name yet, as my only ID here now is my British passport so I preferred to wait for the new one to arrive before starting the ball rolling here and ending up with no ID to match my bank account! I was disappointed though to learn that one can't have a double barrelled surname in the UK without a deed poll. Ah well.

On the weight front, I've knuckled down to eating healthily and haven't found it too difficult. Allowing myself carbs is still a problem for me after years without, and I still inevitably see them as the devil's work to be avoided at all costs (or to be binged on when no one's looking!). Today I have a dessert out planned for lunch. Again, eating this sort of thing in public is better for me I know.

I'm hopelessly out of date on diaries, I'm afraid, and apologise :)

Enjoy married life. You can feel your smile and happiness in your post. Keep up the healthy eating xxx

Hiya, nice to see you, glad to hear it's all going okay! I'm totally with you on the photo album front. We did that too, just a small one, and it's just snaps we took ourselves. I also got two disposable cameras for my nice and nephew who were 4 and 6 at the time and they caught some interesting moments ;-)

Keep up the good work on the healthy eating!

I've long given up on diaries, nearly give up on Minimins too, life is just too busy. I just can't keep up, but I can report from my end that the post-summer catch-up is going well and I'm down over kilo on last week :) Feels like I hadn't seen the 67s for a long time! I am being careful and only weighing in once a week (like today) too otherwise the frustration would get me these days. My plan is back to Conso by the end of the month regardless.

IMG_2465.JPG
I thought I'd post on my diary after all, rather than squatting here there and everywhere. After a week at the house mid-November, OH announced that he was restarting Dukan upon our return to the city and I was horrified... but tempted. Although I insisted that I was NOT going to join him, but would do a healthier self devised programme, in the end I ceded. I swore to myself and you all that I'd not do this again, but needs must, and needing a size 16 last Monday horrified me frankly. After a week, 5K down (yeah I do increase and decrease at quite a rate, and I know there's a lot of water in that loss which will return), but more importantly I'm back in CONTROL... for us eaters, I remain convinced that "control" is key. So back to planning, preparing, and Dukan... until Christmas.

Really not ideal I know but...

On the personal front, all is well... we've adopted a stray kitten who's keeping us all on our toes. The two adult cats don't know what's hit them (or, rather, what's hanging onto their tails for dear life)... she's a doll and comes for snuggles in the middle of the night and tries to suckle my arm!

I'm sorry to say I'll not be seeing Mouse while home at Christmas this year as she'll be away :-(

Welcome back. You were a great support when I started, I'd love to be able to do the same. X

welcome back jo....kitten is adorable :D ive 4 here just now and im tempted to keep one ive nicknamed panda

Hi congratulations! Happy days ...and nights. Good luck with new starts, house, marriage and dukan all of which can be stressful and need us to focus to keep them ticking along eh!?

Jo!! Welcome back! I've just come over to the board for a mooch as I have gained far too much again and contemplating Dukan, and here you are too! :)

Belated congratulations on your wedding :)

I'm wondering if it is a good idea for me to start before Xmas as I have a work event (hotel, dinner etc) next week! But, the more I think about it, the more Dukan seems like a plan, just not...quite....yet :) I know how much determination I will need and really want to do it this time.

Good luck!!! You'll be great. :)

Good luck jo xxx cute kitty xxx

Thank you ladies... Couteaux, lovely to hear from you again... and glad my coming out of the woodwork brought you out too ;) (that makes us sound like bugs!!)

Another happy Dukan day for me... PV for me so some crunch at lunchtime which is the one thing I miss after a while on PP... I'm freezing a fat free yoghurt to suck slowly in the evening as a treat. Otherwise same old same old for me. Fortunately I stuck pretty much to Dukan + fruit (except when my head was in a carb bucket) so it's all very routine for me weekdays!

So far no transit issues... but I sense they're not far away hence extra veggies today! haaaaa! (How I've missed discussing bowel movements!!!! haaaa!)

I had a chat with Mouse today. She's still in her size 12s so that's excellent. Vicky got married last weekend, and is off on honeymoon this weekend! Tan is still in Australia... that's the oldies' news!

Back