IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Hello ladies... unfortunately the weather was every bit as grim as forecast. Worse actually as the forecast for Sunday did improve to "grey, cloudy" so we duly packed the car up with our wares on Saturday evening, drove over to the village square at 6am to get a good pitch, and then the heavens opened! We sat in our car for well over an hour, watching the other early risers drive up and stay put too, then we spotted activity in the food tent so headed over there for coffee and croissants (and I don't think I stopped eating from there on in!). We abandoned our pitch at about 9.30am, hearing that the forecast wasn't due to improve until mid afternoon, and we returned sadly to the house with a full car and no sales! Then had to pack everything away again for another year! Anniversary day pretty much ruined, we celebrated by eating from our stock cupboard of naughties! (duh!)

Our two days out in Colmar were similarly washed out, although we did make an effort to get around and visit the beautiful town. Neither of us could face a second day of traipsing around in drizzle though so we took to the mountains and went up up up (1,300 metres) to the Petit Ballon where we saw absolutely NOTHING so bad was the weather up there! haaaaa! Home by mid afternoon the second day for more rubbish food. In fact, that was pretty much the pattern for the week. booo!

Ironically, now back at work, the weather has infuriatingly turned beautiful (which is a good thing as it enables me to wear my light elasticated skirts to work this week to hide the blub!).

So behaviour pretty much as usual. No real disappointment in myself as I didn't really expect anything else from myself! Oh and I did absolutely no exercise whatsoever, even when the weather did improve! It would have detracted from eating time. Duh!

:)

I have missed reading you! Hope you enjoyed your "naughties" and had a nice anniversary nonetheless. I thought you'd climbed up to the Petit Ballon, was very impressed! :)

Oh Jo how beautiful you are, you looked absolutely stunning & the kitty's look gawgus too x

wash out, but still you were together xxx Elastic was mans greatest invention ;-)

Last edited:
I think we may be twins seperated at birth - I would love to be in control whilst on holiday - never gonna happen!!!! LOL!

Ladies - you know how some weeks (or even months), despite our best efforts, the scales just don't play ball with us? Well, ahem, weigh in this morning is an alarming 300g on ONLY. I am blooming delighted and fully aware of how unfair a weigh in that is given the astronomic quantities of food ingested last week. OK I've been back on my plan since Monday, walking to work each day too, but I am very surprised. Here's hoping that things don't catch up a week later or something (ever the pessimist!!).

So a truly unfair weigh in, which has thrilled me, and sets me up nicely for a weekend in the country :)

Have a good one
x

Nice news for a friday, and I hope it sets you up for a lovely weekend, Jo!

Jammy I say but fantastic too!!!! Have a great weekend!

Fantastic Jo, just be extra careful and you'll be fine xxx

Ha, I'd take the weigh is as payback for all the times we expect a good one and are disappointed!

Sorry about the wash out though, that does suck. Anyway, hope you're enjoying a bit of an Indian summer - still pretty warm here and it's nearly October. Woop!

Jx

Hello ladies and good morning OCTOBER! It is rather peculiar to be dressing in summer clothes still but I'm not complaining (while I still have some which are ironed! I can't bear putting clothes away until next summer when they're ironed! Might as well wear them once more, wash and then pack away!)

My weekend wasn't bad. Of course the knowledge that I hadn't gained too much thrilled me but it also awakened the "a little more?" voice, which I ignored as much as possible.

I've been walking an hour daily (except if it rains) since I quit smoking, so I don't think that's a factor, but the fact of being off Dukan now for quite a while and on a more slow loss plan probably means that the gain isn't as quick either. Still I usually gain at least a stone on holiday, so I'm quids in so to speak ;)

I'm feeling fat today though so won't get on those scales. While plums are around, I am having far too many each day, popping them like smarties. That will need to stop!

As you were, ladies :)

Oops meant to post to say congrats on the triumphant minuscule 300g! I bet you're right - if you'd gone from Dukan to your week off, the scales probably wouldn't have been so kind. Lots to be said for your healthy WOE x

I love figs and plums, in fact I just love all the fruit available at this time of year.

Jo, it's fine to hear the little voice and even acknowledge it, but you don't have to listen to it or even follow what it says.

Figs. I blooming love figs I do.

Hate figs, reminds me of those awful fig rolls my mam bought as kids......always left at the back of the cupboard after all the chocolate ones had gone.

Ooh Sid how can you not like fig rolls? they are one of my faves, my kids love them Annie was only requesting I buy some yesterday. When they were little they used to call them pig rolls.

Hmmm, I love figs... Especially the very naughty dried ones. Behave yourself, Jo! You're leading us all into temptation :)

Back