IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Hey Laura *waves* :)

Bless you and hope your hubby is on the mend soon! Make sure you're taking care of you in the meantime (((hugs)))

Not many of the old guard around at the moment - probably due to guilt - I know I was "away" for a while because my head just couldn't get brought into the frame of dieting no matter how hard I tried and subsequently failed! :eek:

Been back "on it" for 7 days for the same reason as you :) I don't want to have to buy new clothes and this is easier, not to mention hoping to come out on top for January so there's less to do with the inevitable "lose weight" new years resolution!

p.s. Jo where are you? :)

Hello there Laura and lovely to see you here. Gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I love his "buy larger clothes" idea! Now why didn't I think of that?!! If you still have my email address, feel free to use it. It's been ages!

Sarah - I'm here and around! Last week it was so very quiet on here that there was nothing for me to read except my own meanderings! Nothing has changed for me... except the desire to return to Dukan in January... My husband is going to join me. All this healthy eating is all very well for "normal people" but my eating habits are far from that and so the only way is to cut everything out again and try again! Jaw wiring is not totally excluded from my thoughts. Now how much easier would this business be if we didn't have to face our demons several times a day!

Last night I checked that I still had some (unworn!) size 18 trousers in my wardrobe for my return from Christmas holidays! Terrible but true!

The Christmas market I visited last weekend was held in a beautiful abbey, and the weather was fine and sunny (and cold!). Perfect really. The stall holders were very talented.

So I'll be straight back on the wagon from Jan 6. Down with the decorations (what decorations - I don't bother here as I'm away for the entire period?!) and hop on the bus. Within two days I know I'll be back to feeling so much better in myself, body and mind, and then it'll be easy peasy again :)

I'll be meeting Mandy Mouse for lunch on the Friday, for those who remember her.

Good job I have a season ticket :D

So dreadful to see the images of devastation from the storm... I know we've a few people here from New Brighton. I hope all is well. I can't believe the pictures I am seeing of where I walked just a couple of months ago.

Last night I went to the Paris Christmas market. (Well you've got to, haven't you!) I could have bought so many things (not just food!). On the way back up, there was a skating rink, chalets with animated animals in addition to all the usual. I was fascinated and woke thinking about it all. I'm glad there's time for me to return another evening (and not just for the grub!).
Here's the site if anyone's interested:
Photos

Have a good weekend to all
x

So quick update. I was with friends all weekend and not a chocolate passed my lips! Think I sickened myself, to be fair, over the last few months. Anyway, tomorrow is a PP day for me (I know it should be Thursday, but Tuesday suits better - no extra activities, less temptation and running about) so I will weigh in Wednesday morning (if I remember) to see if this is making a difference or not.

Stepped up a gear to get Christmas presents organised. Had the sneaky idea to include breakfast in the stockings, so bought breakfast biscuits and individual fruit juices (both are forbidden usually!) Maybe get an extra half an hour of peace... Have a shedload of baking to do (a thank you for the teachers - not for us!) but that will wait until next week.

Just enjoying the sunshine (although it's cold), fitting in a walk a bit later and hope all you are all faring well after the hideous weather of last week.

Nice to see you're still around Jo and Sarah. Say hello to Manda for me, Jo! Hope she's well.

Will update after PP day which will consist of Dukan porridge, pork steaks, chicken and fromage blanc (not all together!)

Last edited:
It is indeed a great idea to put breakfast in the stocking! I think, as children, we tended to have a pre-breakfast feast FROM the stocking in any event but it was more chocolate and nut oriented so your option sounds far healthier!
I will indeed pass your good wishes to Mandy...
I won't even pretend to be paying any more than weekday (mostly) lip service to keeping my (heavy) weight maintained before Christmas excesses.
x

and Sarah your post in the main section is wonderful... thank you for spending the time researching and typing it!

(If you ever feel like doing a similar thing, while you're all Dukaned up, for restarting attack menus for January, I for one would be very relieved. It's not easy doing such research when not in the mood and the thought of finding 7 dinners fills me with dread! I'm quite happy eating the sameish things day after day but, with hubby joining me, he'll be looking for more variation I think to my usual salmon, chicken and steak feasts (which I'm looking forward to!)!

x

and Sarah your post in the main section is wonderful... thank you for spending the time researching and typing it!

(If you ever feel like doing a similar thing, while you're all Dukaned up, for restarting attack menus for January, I for one would be very relieved. It's not easy doing such research when not in the mood and the thought of finding 7 dinners fills me with dread! I'm quite happy eating the sameish things day after day but, with hubby joining me, he'll be looking for more variation I think to my usual salmon, chicken and steak feasts (which I'm looking forward to!)!

x

You're all welcome and I'm on it Jo :) will research attack 7 day menus tonight - I will put a disclaimer on it, that I've not tried the recipes yet myself :) so you can report back and I'll stick a scoring card on them :)

hope you're having a good day x

Fantastic request Jo xxx

awf thanks Sarah! Gotta be easy and quick too, I forgot to mention... I'm out 12 hours a day so won't be looking to spend long in the kitchen when I return! :)
It doesn't have to be elaborate recipes (in fact better not where I'm concerned!) but just 7 different things we're all used to eating which are ok attack then cruise... ooops that was sneaky to slip that in too! haaaaaa!

I have a dental extraction on the second Monday back on Dukan (day 8)... on a PP day so I'll be making chicken soup at the weekend... I'll be able to suck salmon and eggs for lunches! yum!
The feeling of being back in control in not too long is really exciting...
I'm keeping up my walking each morning to work (I've let it slip at the weekend though admittedly). Seeing in Sarah's Christmas post to keep walking over Christmas reminds me how my other half HATES me walking into town at Christmas. I have various different routes and enjoy leaving him with his toast (butter and marmalade), and I heroically head off for an hour's walk with my muffins in my bag! Why does he hate it so much? Cos when he gets to the carpark entrance, he has to get out of the car and go round to get the ticket out of the machine, then run back jump in and drive through quickly before the barrier comes down again! haaaa! These left hand drive cars are a hazard without a passenger when in England!!

Has anyone managed to get their hands on a Christmas Radio Times yet? I hear they're out today (although Londoners have had them since the weekend - go figure!). I'm looking for Eastenders timings from 23rd to 31st inclusive if anyone can help out as the online version won't be far enough along before the weekend when I need to set up the recorder in the country... PLEASE! (I went hunting on the BBC website this morning, and found some timings, and inadvertently read a spoiler!! GRRRR!)

Oh, Jo, sorry you're having teeth worries. I had a broken one at the start of the year (took 3 visits and as many months - one dentist on maternity leave meant appointments were scarce). Costly and not very nice for you, hope it goes well.

I am determined to watch some (good) TV in English over the Christmas period. Please, if anyone has a TV magazine, let me know what's worth watching and when (not fussed on soaps, but do like a good drama/crime). Would be a bonus if the children (and husband!) watched too!

Walking, I need to do that more too. I got out of the habit when the winds were at their strongest, plus makes me sleep better and gives me more energy - what's not to like?

Anyway, the good news of the day is that the scales were very nice this morning. 1 1/2 lbs off. Not expecting so much from now on, but didn't expect that much for a first weigh-in (plus, I scuppered my first PP day by eating sprouts with my chicken - sshhhh!)

Hope you have a good day, lovely weather here (still frosty, but afternoon will be good). Will definitely get out for a walk!

ah Robin, no one can ever say that sprouts aren't good for you ;)
I shall do three days attack from Jan 6, then will be glad to have veg back. I eat lots of salads, even now that it's cold, but don't tend to have many veg weekdays (too much faffing around - easier to plate up a salad!).
As it was a crown which snapped off, taking the little bit of tooth left with it, there's no pain as it had had the old root canal treatment many years ago. Removing it will be painful. Cost? Pretty cheap compared to when you work on the tooth and get to keep it! Taking it out might hurt and I am a wuss :(
The rumours re Christmas TV this year is that it's mainly repeats... We tend to watch Downton Abbey as a family (actually we record and watch it afterwards MINUS all those infuriating adverts!), and also Call the Midwife (xmas day 7.30-8.45pm - BBC1)...

Hello all... I'm off to England this afternoon so this will be my last post for a while. Probably in fact until I restart Dukan on January 6... (although I am back at work 30th and 31st, it's likely to be manic...).

Have lovely holidays to all
x

Thank you ladies and I hope you all had good holidays.
I had a strange holiday in England with a great first day meeting up with family and friends for a lovely Toby carvery...; and then the next day my Dad contracted some kind of stomach/sickness bug. To avoid making him worse, we ate cold food only at home so that he smelt nothing so that usually consisted of sandwiches, cake etc. On 23rd, when Dad was starting to feel better, my husband got it... so Christmas Eve I was out with friends on my own, not wanting to let everyone down. (I was home by 10pm mind as I wasn't enjoying myself having left him on the sofa under a blanket with a rather green face!). Christmas morning dawned and yep... it was me! I can "proudly" say that not one morsel of food (or alcohol) passed my lips on Christmas day. A water only day! What a wash out!
From there on, I made up for it, but more on the rubbish food side, rather than having nice Christmas fayre!

So back at work yesterday and today, and tonight I'm off to the country until the weekend. We're invited to a dinner being held in the townhall for about 60 people. Everyone pays and brings something (pre organised) and last year it was fabulous food... just a bit late for she who gets up at 5am for work though as I recall not getting our main course until past midnight last year!!

So a very Happy New Year to all... and I'm REALLY looking forward to Jan 6... (kind of, you know what I mean)...
x

Have a fantastic meal tonight and see you on the boards next year xxx

Oh Maintainer! How awful, I hope you are all better now? What a strange christmas experience that must have been! A few of my friends have had the same thing over the break, and a little part of me was jealous that they had kick started their January diets early, but by all accounts it is pretty horrid! I hope you have managed to nibble on everything that you have been missing/craving whilst calorie counting, before the big day on Monday. How was your midnight feast? :) x

morning all, and DUKAN restart commences here! I'll elaborate more tomorrow morning but I'm running late this morning.

b: muffins (defrosted so not the right recipe for attack - ah well... didn't used to have to change recipe so I'll consider myself "old school"!)
l: baked salmon. Chicken thigh and leg.
s: sugar free jelly
d: omelette

My guestimate weight proved remarkably accurate and I weigh in at 85.2K this morning. 10.7K more than my wedding weight... and about 7K more than pre-Christmas (but I didn't really weigh in properly)...
x

Back