IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Mulled wine... Yum! (Naughty Dukaner here!) Sounds like you had a good plan for dealing with your night off.

All the best for your tooth extraction!

Thinking of you and your poor mouth tonight! Well done on the weekend; as the resolve muscle gets stronger, the tight troos will become looser! x

Hi Maintainer, well done on coming back and your loss. That loss is fantastic for one week! I have put on a lot of weight since November with a big party event (excuse) in November a trip early December to visit the Alsace Christmas markets and of course after that the whole of December was a Christmas feast. :eek:

I am juicing because I need to loose it all by the second week in March but will eventually go back to Dukan so am watching the boards and am pleased to see you back. Sorry to hear about your tooth, I know how painful that is.

Good morning campers... and I'm a few grammes lighter! (No I didn't weigh in... but that little toothiepeg must have weighed something no? The lengths I'll go to!). Well I skipped dinner, obviously, last night but feel fine and the experience was remarkably pain free...
I hear it's blowing a real gale out there with rain too so I guess my usual hour walk to work is shelved. Awh! It really does help with the mojo and keeping stress levels down...
I'm not sure how eating will go today. I've packed my usual breakfast muffins... salmon and chicken for lunch... and tonight will probably be my OH's delicious chicken and (a bit but not much) veg soup he kindly made me at the weekend...
x

Good morning campers... and I'm a few grammes lighter! (No I didn't weigh in... but that little toothiepeg must have weighed something no? The lengths I'll go to!). Well I skipped dinner, obviously, last night but feel fine and the experience was remarkably pain free...
I hear it's blowing a real gale out there with rain too so I guess my usual hour walk to work is shelved. Awh! It really does help with the mojo and keeping stress levels down...
I'm not sure how eating will go today. I've packed my usual breakfast muffins... salmon and chicken for lunch... and tonight will probably be my OH's delicious chicken and (a bit but not much) veg soup he kindly made me at the weekend...
x

hahahaha! i shud try getting tooth pulled out to see test your theory :p

have a nice day xx

Glad your tooth came out pain free !

Tooth remarkably ok. (I'm either a far stronger person with pain than I thought OR she's a far better dentist than ever I've had in the past! I suppose anaesthesia has improved too!).

So yesterday's food went to plan, sticking to mushy PP things... today will be similar (as I don't fancy something sharp hitting my gum just yet!). Tomorrow I will brave a nice crunchy salad for lunch!

Clothes looking better... rings turning round... this water weight is a great thing to lose! :D

Ha rings moving ! Snap just wish trousers could move more not sure why my stomach isgoibg no where !

Ha rings moving ! Snap just wish trousers could move more not sure why my stomach isgoibg no where !

Hi all

I almost lost my wedding ring in the wood range when I loaded it with wood last week, just managed to hook it with the end of my finger before it was roasted - it's now on the other (fatter, weirdly) hand, but turning there too. Still got the stomach here too, sadly, though my jeans are a bit saggy at the back, so it's obviously gone from my fingers and my bum (when it's the belly area that is needing to go)!

Jo, glad you are managing to eat well enough and are pain-free-ish. A friend of mine here had one out on Monday too and she had to resort to paracetamol (and she thinks a bit has been left behind so she'll have to go back:().

Vicky, are you doing Dukan or Atkins or a bit of both? I'm hovering between the two - low carb and one PP day a week (green PV, mostly, but I cut out yogurt on PP - PV - days now) but I do eat more fat (no more 0%) though I don't think it's excessive, except maybe the cheese...

Hope all are enjoying life, we've had great weather (think that's about to stop) and been out walking loads, so nice. Will not enjoy being back in winter (mid-November was so cold, think it's heading here again next week).

Must go and retrieve offspring from activities!

Glad your tooth extraction went well & hope you enjoy that nice crunchy salad when you can finally eat it!

Hi robinhood :)nightmare about the rings maybe we all need to get them adjusted just in case! I'm Atkins at the moment. Don't know why I left!

Thanks ladies. Tooth etc still A-OK so a small salad is packed for lunch, with loads of protein with it too so that I don't fill up again with water! I think I read somewhere that the fingers on the hand one writes with are always larger than the other, Robin, so probably why... oh dear your poor friend. A nightmare! I had an xray beforehand so that she could check the lay of the land, so to speak, but nothing afterwards. Just the thought of the exploration required makes me aaaaah!

Yes Minibean the CRUNCH is one thing I miss when on Dukan... and while I love crunching on salads, now that it's turning cold again, I'm going to find myself preferring mush again! Probably a good job too with my tooth situation!!

Vicky - your being on Atkins in the forum with us has been such a help in the past as we know what we can have (extra to Dukan) that won't necessarily bring us out of ketosis if ever we're at a resto or in a difficult situation. I often think of you at those times!

Us lateish in life newlyweds have to hang onto our rings for dear life :)

Us lateish in life newlyweds have to hang onto our rings for dear life :)
Ha ha true ! I love crunch ! Kale crisps are lovely it's like the seaweed in Chinese restaurant s! Baking tray , kale, tiny bit of oil for you dukanners (are you allowed oil? ) cook for about 15-20 mins. Lovely! I put some splenda on to get that Chinese sweetness too. Am trying green bean chips this weekend too. Same sort of thing !
Have a lovely day Jo.

Ha ha true ! I love crunch ! Kale crisps are lovely it's like the seaweed in Chinese restaurant s! Baking tray , kale, tiny bit of oil for you dukanners (are you allowed oil? ) cook for about 15-20 mins. Lovely! I put some splenda on to get that Chinese sweetness too. Am trying green bean chips this weekend too. Same sort of thing !
Have a lovely day Jo.

I was just tell Bev on another thread that I am going to try the Kale chips tomorrow! And now a recommendation from you (following the awesome egg white wrap tip) ... its a done deal! No oil though (Ill just use the spray).

Thanks LVLLM!

awh Vicky another gem from you! Thank you so much. I love that green crunchy stuff... (now I wonder whether I'll know kale in the supermarket tomorrow... hmm...)
Friday dawns and I did step on the scales. (1.5K down from Monday). I'm trying to find a convenient weigh in day. Mondays I don't like as I get back from the country late Sunday and usually eat a snack late (so always wonder whether that'll affect weigh in!); Thursday is a PV in my world and often lunch at restaurant, so Friday isn't ideal either. So Thursday it will be henceforth I think. As the good doctor recommends (for some reason!) on Conso/Stab. Once a week weighing in will be good too.

Tonight on arrival at the house will be using the slow cooker. 1K leanish beef, onion, carrot, herbs, some water... leave for 12 hours. Skim fat off. Freeze half for another day. Cabbage to be served alongside (cos I've half one leftover).

As my lunches in the week at work are always cold, it's so nice to have something hot at the weekend :)

Why doesn't the idea of egg white omelette flat my boat? (What do you do with the yolks? or do you use powdered egg whites?)

Have a good weekend to all
x

Just chuck the yolks out or make it with them in :)

I like the idea of making an egg white omelette with the yolks in! haaaaa! :D
Hope you feel better soon Vicky... x

Glad to hear the tooth is feeling better Jo xx egg white omelette - yuk!! I'm such a saddo I get excited whoever I get a double yolk in my egg!! Couldn't live without yolks - love em :)

Friday dawns and I did step on the scales. (1.5K down from Monday).
x

That is a great loss Jo - congratulations!

Why doesn't the idea of egg white omelette flat my boat? (What do you do with the yolks? or do you use powdered egg whites?)
x

I just chuck the yolks out. I used to love the yolks and couldnt do without them. But with trying all these different foods and experimenting (and also the rebirth of tastebuds following the quit) has made me appreciate that egg white wrap - as the good doc has called it "the purest form of protein" :)

Now make my wraps like the basic gallette minus bran if ive already had my allowance for the day. and it is still sooo tasty. a sliver of extra lite philadelphia and oh wow! that is a good breakfast! :D

Hope you had a wonderful weekend

Back