If I miss a pill...can I eat high fat

sealy27

Hello ladies,

I started Xenical on Monday, so far, so good!!

However, on Sunday I am having a meal cooked for me - and it's a "surprise" what the food actually...I asked my friend to keep it healthy...but was wondering...If i don't take my tabs that day, will i still have the bad reactions when eating high fat food?!? IE will the tab still be in my body and cause me to have the nasty side effects?!

I'm dreading it already!

Thanks all!

:eek:)

You should be ok. I have done it before and been alright. You need to take the tablet within an hour of eating anyway for it to work. If you dont have any tablets that day im sure you will be fine. Good Luck

hiya

Thanks alot for your reply...hopefully the food will be relatively low fat...figners crossed! xx

I know how hard it is when someone else is cooking. As long as you get straight back on it the next day, hope you have a lovely night :)

I don't wish to be a party 'pooper' (hehe) but, it was my birthday yesterday and i was taken out by my kids for a meal. I didn't take any tablets yesterday so i could enjoy my evening out.

We had a lovely carvery and i only ate half of my bowl of ice cream. Well, today it hasn't quite been the orange oil, but not far off and my stomach has been feeling quite poorly all day.

I really hope that i haven't put you off, but, be careful! Enjoy your meal, but watch what you eat.

Jax.

Thanks guys :eek:)

Jax,

Thanks alot for letting me know...so does it kinda take a few hours for the "reactions" to start?! lol...it's actually a date (blush)...that is cooking for me...so don't want to be using his toilet facilities in"that" way! I would be mortified! lol

Atleast if it's the next day...I won't be so embarrased and can accept my punishment in silence! lol

x

hi hun, firstly have a lovely time, but I have to agree, on days when I have skipped my tabs so as to enjoy a higher-fat meal that should really have I have still had a little orangey poo (sorry tmi) the next day. I think if the tablets have been in your system for a few days they do take a few days to work out. The good news is though, when I take them straight after a meal I need the loo fairly quickly, but when you skip tabs it does take longer, so you should be fine.
Enjoy your meal hun.

Hey Claire

Thanks alot for your reply! I'm pleased to report i didn't have any side effects and am back on tabs today! Infact, i'm beginning to wonder if they're actually workign for me - since i've not had any of the side effects yet!?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

x

Sealy hun no side effects doesn't always mean the tabs aren't working. I've been on the tablets since April last year with no side effects whatsoever :)
x

So pleased you were able to relax and enjoy your meal without anything horrible hapening to you hun. When I first started taking the tabs (aug 08) I got very few symptons, so I decided to 'test' them...lol..kinda shot myself in the foot, cos ever since then they have given me side affects...i.e the orange poo!! lovely!!

Hey Claire

Thanks alot for your reply! I'm pleased to report i didn't have any side effects and am back on tabs today! Infact, i'm beginning to wonder if they're actually workign for me - since i've not had any of the side effects yet!?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

x

hi hun im sure they are working just your not eqting too much fat well done :D

Back