if i quit you can to!!

skye'smummy

hi all

i quit smoking in october with the help of champix
i had tried many times before and thought i never would quit.

but i did it and if ive done it anyone can.

ok so i did gain a few punds along the way as i swapped fags for food but im now doing slimming world and feel so much better and now i dont have the cravings controling me i feel great as i won the battle (for now) and its a massive acheivement.

so for everyone trying to quit or thinking about it do it and you will really reap the rewards. keep at it and every fag you say no to is an acheivment and treat and reward yourself. x x x x x x x x

skye'smummy said:
hi all

ok so i did gain a few punds along the way as i swapped fags for food but im now doing slimming world and feel so much better and now i dont have the cravings controling me i feel great as i won the battle (for now) and its a massive acheivement.

so for everyone trying to quit or thinking about it do it and you will really reap the rewards. keep at it and every fag you say no to is an acheivment and treat and reward yourself. x x x x x x x x

My GP won't allow me to go on Champix coz I suffer with depression. He told me that ppl with mental health probs can't go on champix coz it can make depression worse.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My GP gave me patches and an inhalator to try, not sure about the inhalator thing though it seems like it would be too much like smoking? Either way I'm determined to try. Well done on quitting!

bubbs67 said:
My GP won't allow me to go on Champix coz I suffer with depression. He told me that ppl with mental health probs can't go on champix coz it can make depression worse.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It really can. I wasn't allowed to either :( to be honest I used looooads of patches and it was fine. I'm almost at the 12 month mark. Be warned though......the first few months can really set off any depression or MH issues. Try to ensure you have a good support network in place and you'll be fine I'm sure!! If I can do it (utter utter addict with very little willpower lol) then anyone can!!!

My GP gave me patches and an inhalator to try, not sure about the inhalator thing though it seems like it would be too much like smoking? Either way I'm determined to try. Well done on quitting!
When I had patches I did find the inhalator helped at moments of severe craving, just be careful that you don't overdose on nicotine by using it a lot though. It is shaped differently to a cigarette to get you out of that habit of a round cigarette, which really helps. I am using an e-cig this time, which really does not help to break the habit so my next move is the inhalator to get me off the e-cig. If you are determined you will succeed. Take care.

hi all

Well done on stopping smoking, it is a MASSIVE achievement. You are an inspiration and I'm sure that you will soon shed those pounds.

Thanks Katie :) I'm an all or nothing person to be honest, food, cigs, everything it's either too much or I start looking for other habits to replace the one I'm trying to give up! I really would like to do it cold turkey but I think I'd just be overloading myself with too much at one time and fail at both (losing weight and quitting) You've done so well by the sounds of things, well done x

really evry one can do it just when , need we can
i hope all people do like you , and care of there healthy cauz it is somthing more then expansive

Back