'If not now, WHEN?'

Thanks Miss JT. Yes those UDs seems so much worse - almost dread them - how weird is that?! My first thought today yippee a Down Day - I must have lost the plot seriously!

OMG!!!!! Well one thing that won't have helped - I have just discovered Newman's Own Italian Dressing which I love (or rather did love) is a disgusting 649 cals per 100 ml! :eek: That is 1622 per bottle and a staggering 97 per tablespoon!!! And it is 70% fat - don't know about Newman's Own - it's the Devil's Own!

Good gracious - no wonder I am struggling. I knew it was high but had not checked exactly and was no doubt slopping on 200-300 cals of the stuff on my salad most days thinking it was about 50 cals! :doh: Even Bailey's is half as much - I think I will skip the salad and have a large Bailey's instead! :D

Okay let's get my act together after that - DD today 380 cals EXACTLY!

Last edited:
On no:eek: Try the baileys on the salad, the mint one would be best lol.
My first thought today yippee a Down Day - I must have lost the plot seriously!
No you haven't hun your gained the Juddd plot:D

Yay, you've definitely gained the juddd plot we all love our dd's! As Jelly said if you're struggling to get the scales shifting start counting cals on up days and reduce them a little if you need to.

WOW, that salad dressing is really high! Some things are so shockingly high in cals and fat that we just don't expect them to be. I never use salad dressing as I don't like it lol, so I'm safe (and boring lol!) there. There must be a low fat/low cal alternative that you can find tho.

Good luck with you dd :)

Thanks Stirky and Miss JT, yes good plan I will start counting cals on UDs.

Yeah!!!! Finally a pound off today, in fact closer to 1.5 lbs but I only deal in even numbers (LOL) so will save those few ounces for the next WI! :woohoo:

Trouble is it's the only salad dressing I really like :sigh: I have a fridge full of low cal ones but they don't taste the same. But for sure I won't have it till UDs on maintenance. As Kate Moss said and someone else before her 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' and although there was uproar for that comment recently I don't know what all the fuss is about - those of us struggling with our weight know that is true! Wallis Simpson didn't cause outrage when she said 'You can never be too rich or too thin!' Mind you, she incurred the nation's wrath for other reasons! Have a great day ladies!

Yes that quote is certainly true, I think our times have changed and people are so worried about eating disorders, but being too fat is just as bad as being too thin. We all need to find that happy medium and that's the hard bit that we all struggle with, but we will get there!!!

Hope you've had a great day too!

Yes chocolate does come close - you are right but only milk and only Cadbury's. You can keep your Belgian and Swiss, it's Cadbury's every time for me. I'm such a cheap date!

Good Up Day 1361 cals. Gonna try to remember to log them here.

Oh no Galaxy for me please!

Well yes of course in a famine I would take Galaxy too!

Going to try for a DD today as it will help to switch the days around this week - have a big lunch on Wednesday and then a full weekend of me cooking dinner next Sat night for friends and roast Sunday for family. So really need a DD today and next Tues, Thurs and Fri otherwise this Xmas challenge will not happen. Fancy a baked spud though for tonight... with beans and cheese! Think it would need to be a homeopathic dose for a DD of 350 cals! Might have to save that till tomorrow. Off for a bit of retail therapy to quell the food thoughts.

hey hoe! :wavey: Just been catching up with your diary. I am not used to the new keyboard on my new lappy yet lol. Sounds as if you're doing great.:)

Yes chocolate does come close - you are right but only milk and only Cadbury's. You can keep your Belgian and Swiss, it's Cadbury's every time for me. I'm such a cheap date!
I'll have it if anyone doesnt like any brand. I'll eat anything even the cheap stuff!

I love baked spuds but the calories are so high in carbs, its just not fair on a DD. Have a good UD tomorrow x

Finally I have managed a DD at the weekend yeah!!!! Now just gotta get to bed unscathed. 372 cals.

Oh that was so worth it... went to bed a little hungry but I am down one more pound yippee! I am going to have an UD today due to weekend needs but hope to not go OTT and will have that long awaited baked tatty. Have a great day y'all!

Well done another lb is great,:) your doing really well. Hope you enjoy today, can't wait to get back and join you (and cakes;))

Well done Hoe, enjoy your baked potato today x

Thank you ladies. Good UD today at 1118 cals. The baked tatty was glorious - yummy!

What did you have with your baked tatty??

Back