'If not now, WHEN?'

I go missing for a time (needed to get my head in the right place) and look at you
you have done so well I am so pleased for you
I will now be following in your footsteps so leave me nice clear prints to follow :)

Hoe hope you had a fab Christmas xxx

:asskick: Ok there you go as wished! But all of us are only ever a moment away from the evening binge, me included so I shouldn't really be booting you!
Haha I need a good kicking now! Hope you had a great christmas and im sure we will all meet back up in the new year for yet another year of dieting...unfortunately

Aaleigha, Stirky and Miss JT! How great to see you here. I hope you all had a wonderful Chrimbo and I look forward to catching up on your diaries in the next few days.

I had a lovely time in Canada - minus 20oC and a foot of snow! The relatives (who I had not seen in a year) all noticed I had lost weight and one said I looked fantastic, so that really boosted me. One relative asked for JUDDD info and so I gave her the Daily Mail article. Her current 'prayer' diet was not working... she is Catholic and every time she was hungry she would pray instead of eat!!! :hmm: Eh??!! JUDDD would be great for her - no guilt on UDs!

However, my sister's cooking is so good and together with all the choccies and the fact that the old inards get a bit bunged up when travelling I was convinced at one point that I had gained 5lbs - :eek: aghhhhh!!!! Actually after travel and plane bloat and all it seems to be a net gain of 2lbs so I am happy with that. Had a DD yesterday thanks to crap food on BA :sick: However, after the news while I have been away I am just glad to fly home safely - hmmm Canada via USA - not the wisest routing :sigh:

Tonight may be a treat of a Chinese takeaway and bottle of bubbly - an UD I think!
Happy New Year to you all and Happy JUDDDing in 2010! :new_year:

Glad you had such a fab time away :) Have a great New Year and yes let 2010 be a brillaint one for all us juddders. We can do it!!!

Wow sounds like you have a lovely time. PMSL at the prayer diet, If god could make me thin I think he would have given me different genes lol.
:new_year: Hoe

Sorry I have been awol for almost a week. Been going up and down around my 14lbs loss and now trying to get back on track with today as a first DD again. Needed to come here instead of eating tonight as I am VERY hungry! It's just the weather for a nice plate of comfort food too - I see we are all suffering from the same yearnings for stew!

We got about a foot of snow overnight and today. I could hardly believe it as there was nothing till 9pm last night. I got sucked in to the news warnings and thought I'd better go out for cat food and milk but there was no fresh food to be had! In my village and the nearest town all four shops/supermarkets were sold out of every scrap of bread, veg, meat and fruit and only two pints of goats milk left! I cannot believe it - are we expecting fire, plague and locusts after the snow?! :confused:

Oh well I got the cat food and if I run out of milk I shall drink wine! :giggle:

Last edited:
Hahaha Hoe, at least you have wine and cat food! I mean what more do you need?? Yes people do bloomin panic buy don't they? Madness I tell ya! I went and got a few bits today that we'd run out of, and they had quite a bit of milk but no whole for hubby and kids so had to get them semi lol! x

I havent even thought about stocking up on food...who does that anyway? Who goes shopping in a crisis!? Central London isnt all that bad. You would hardly know it had even snowed around my work. The roads are also so empty, it was an amazing 9 minute journey home for me! (i say that, its usually 15-20 mins..but still!)

Hi SarahBee Thanks for stopping by. I know I cannot believe how different it is in areas only a few miles apart. My cousin made me feel we were exaggerating yesterday and said my neighbours and I were making a fuss about driving in the snow and ice. I told her that hers was coming and it did. She got stuck today in a foot of snow like we have and had to be towed out :giggle:

Hi Hoe hows it going?
Wow how much snow! We have a few cms but it keeps starting and stopping. Getting fed up of it now though, it's too cold and my gas bill is too high lol.
Oh well I got the cat food and if I run out of milk I shall drink wine! :giggle:
Thats a great idea. Think I might have to run out too

Hi Miss JT. Going good thanks on a DD today and seem to have a minute loss after an UD yesterday but not worth logging so hope I can add to some weightloss by tomorrow.

My neice in Canada has started JUDDDing since I visited and has lost 6lbs in the first week! Her colleagues have all noticed so we are spreading around the globe. She is putting me to shame so I must get on track.

I made the most scrummy soup yesterday with butternut squash, onions, sweet potato, red pepper and parsnips. I could eat gallons of it yum. Usually soup doesn't do it for me but this was divine. Hope you have a good day.

Haha good on your niece! My auntie from liverpool has also started as my mum went to visit them before christmas and was telling her about my diet, I've given her all the info and she's off!!

Yes nothing succeeds like success! Many people dismiss this as just too hard. They don't realise how easy it really is once you get over the first few DDs. Sure hunger comes but it is not the end of the world and it passes. If you are really good with soups and stuff and making the cals go a long way I think you don't even need to be hungry. Once you know what constitutes a successful DD it's simple.

Hey Hoe! do you have a recipie for your soup and how many cals per serve. I think I have had every soup in sainsbos Over the past few months and have now resorted to making my own but need some inspiration! I agree the dd are so not as bad as you think they are going to be. It's all about the planning!

It's also a good diet to hide from others, like you always know in my office if someone is doing atkins when they start bringing in bags of cooked chicken and boiled eggs! I don't want people to know I am doing a diet really, I hate to think they think I'm some kind of failure when nothing changes and you look the same size!

I hope you had a good day today though! Not sure if you are ud or dd :)

Last edited:
Hi SarahBee I was on a DD today and try to keep to below 400 cals. I have not worked out the cals in the soup but it can't be much as it makes so much volume. I will try to work it out.

I chopped up and roasted (for 20 mins) 1 smallish butternut squash, 2 large sweet potaotoes and about 4 parsnips with a drizzle of oil over them (my cousin does not bother roasting the veg but pan fries them). Then I lightly fried 2 chopped onions, again in a drizzle of oil. I added the roasted veg and a chopped red pepper to the onions. I then added about 3 pints of stock made with veg and chicken cubes and cooked for half an hour until veg was soft. I let it cool and then blended (my cousin leaves the veg more solid). I seemed to be adding more water at the end of it as it was still pretty thick for me so it makes lots. Enjoy!

That sounds amazing! I have not tried roasting veg before making it into soup...it must definately intensify the flavours! Will definately try that tactic next week I think! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds ace. I'm sure mine won't be anywhere as nearly as good as yours but will let you know! :D

Hey Hoe! do you have a recipie for your soup and how many cals per serve.

I think it is very approximately 300 cals per pint of soup. Recipe quoted earlier. Enjoy!

Actually I got the final qty wrong so I think it's closer to 250 cals per pint and closer to 180 per pint with Frylight.

Last edited:
Oh roasted veg soup. Never thought of that, thanks. I also spray my veg if frylight instead of oil when I roast, it saves on calories too.
It's great that other people are also jumping on the juddd train, its the best diet I have come across. Its just a pity I need to get back to target fast (for the Dr) and need to stick to CD for a couple of weeks:cry:

Great idea Miss JT! I have fry light and forgpt to use it! :doh:

I may be thin by the end of this snow! I have just worked my rear end off (if only) shovelling the damn stuff and getting nowehere! We had a foot to start with and got 6 more inches yesterday and I am sick of it! I had to force my lounge door open and squeeze out to get firewood. Plenty of food but running out logs.

Last edited:
Back