If you cheat do you hide it???????

Lesleyfx

Flutytooty
Why do I ask? trying to figure out my behaviour today. I have another 7kg to lose before my pre-op assessment next month (to get BMI under 40). So what did I do today? When I went shopping I bought a box of magnum lollies with the intention of eating one in the car park and smuggling the others into the house for me to eat later.... with no-one knowing. Why??? Where did my brain go?? I don't understand me at all.
So I thought if I ask everyone what they do maybe we can work out why and how to stop?

Sorry I cant help with that one....when I cheat I cheat, its out in the open. I dont hide it, cos the only person I would be fooling is myself and if I already know I've cheated then I cant fool myself into thinking I havent.....that probably doesnt make much sense but it does in my head!!!

If I cheat I hide it as if it is a pack of 6 chocolate biscuits and I eat all of them I don't want anyone to know. I can't stop at one like other people.
Irene xx

Yep, I hide it. WHY?????? No idea, if anyone has the answer.....share:confused:

Still at least I'm not the only one at it.

I do both, cheat hide it then admit it!!!!!

Not sure if thats good or bad really, I think we have to go back to basics really, the only person you cheat is yourself, but you dont want to upset others either. I wish I understood it, maybe somebody like summerskye can help, she does all sorts of coaching, Ill give her a shout and see of she can help x

When I was on LL and with my husband and I cheated, I used to find myself hiding in cupboards or behind doors so no-one would see me but then as soon as I'd swallowed the last bit, I used to feel physically sick that I had let myself down!!!!!!

Now its just me and my girls, I havent cheated this time (its only been 9 days) but they tend to watch me like a hawk anyway!

I confess to being a 'secret' cheater. Touch wood I haven't cheated since I restarted a whole 2 days ago (!!) and I'm feeling pretty strong right now but once I get my cheating head on I can't stop at one chocolate biscuit - I clear the packet and dispose of the wrappers by tucking them under other rubbish in the bin. There - I've confessed all!

Logic states I'm only cheating myself but logic is nowhere to be found when I'm stuffing my face and feeling physically sick afterwards. Strange creatures aren't we!! :confused:

Nice to be able to talk about it to you wonderfully non-judgemental people though - I could NEVER tell anyone else this!

Why do I ask? trying to figure out my behaviour today. I have another 7kg to lose before my pre-op assessment next month (to get BMI under 40). So what did I do today? When I went shopping I bought a box of magnum lollies with the intention of eating one in the car park and smuggling the others into the house for me to eat later.... with no-one knowing. Why??? Where did my brain go?? I don't understand me at all.
So I thought if I ask everyone what they do maybe we can work out why and how to stop?

When you cheat - you cannot hide it - because you know you did it.

and you are the only person you cheated - no-one else.

No-one else has the right to say that you cheated them in such a way.

Never keep it to yourself - at least bring it here - to the forum - 'cos we all know whats happening in your head because WE ALL HAVE DONE IT at some time or other. Maybe not now, but certainly before because it will be as rare as rocking horse doo-doos if someone is here during their first attempt to lose weight.

As such, we can help you not feel so bad about yourself and perhaps learn some strategies for making sure that this doesn't happen again - and there again, maybe not BUT BE SURE OF THIS

You will not be judged

Its the old 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' principle. Sure there is some honest (some would say blunt) advice - but always well meaning and not judgemental.

so ope you are now back up on your wagon and riding to the goal you need

Hi. Yes I cheat. I really try not to let my husband in particular see as he is so judgemental. I try to keep the cheating to proteins ie white fish, chickn when I feel that I really must eat something. I had a really tough time gettng back into ketosis after xmas and so dont want to fall out of it in a big way, if you know what I mean

since i started CDon 4 December, i've always cheated but with chicken and smoked turkey, this is not something am proud of and will like to stop. so far i've lost 2st 8lb. I think the most important thing is when you cheat, don't hate yourself for doing it but just get back as soon as you can. I must admit not eating proper food is not an easy task.

Hmm this is an interesting one.

Do I cheat on SSing? Erm - I occasionally have the odd slice of low fat chicken in the first few days to keep my resolve - although I've only done this once this time.

Once I'm in ketosis, I don't cheat. If I eat, I kick the table over and go home - just give up and say 'feck it, my head's not in the right place right now, I'll try again tomorrow'. Then of course, tomorrow doesn't come for weeks/months!!!

If I'm not SSing, it has been known for me to eat in secret because I've always been ashamed of my appetite. I'm ashamed to be seen eating anything really - even with my loved ones - as I was called greedy so often in my childhood, I don't want to give anyone the opportunity really.

The other day, pre-SSing, I was in Pizza Hut and piled my plate from the buffet, so I didn't have to go back (you like my logic????) and an unrelated child said - ooh look at how much Isobel has got!

I was furious and later told her it was rude to comment on how much people were eating.

That was grown up of me! Not.

But it was the way I was brought up, in my defence.......(*cough*)

Big secret cheater, have been known to eat whole fruit cakes in the car on the way home from the supermarket.
Not going to do it this time though. This time is different.

Interesting thread this!

I used to, and that is how I got up to 16 stone! My bedside table was where I hid my stash, and would binge, every day, from when I got in from work, until 6pm, when I would quickly tidy away anything that was left (not much), and put it back in the hiding place, ready to be topped up the next day so I could continue my cycle. Then I would wash my face, brush my teeth, and be ready for OH to get home at 6.15. I would then try and put dinner off until 8pm, then make a big show of how i 'wasn't having much because I was on a diet'.

On LL, I realised that if I was serious about getting, and staying, slim, the secret eating had to stop. I turned my stash cupboard into my success cupboard. I stuck my weight loss chart to the door, and kept my thought record diary, fat monitor, weight loss passport etc in there. And I told OH about my secret eating. He was shocked and I think upset, but it was v v important and a big part of me moving on.

I never cheated when I was SS. There were times when I was hanging on by my finger nails, but I hung on.

I've been eating since April, and have regained 16 lbs, which are slowly going. I regained because I 'let go of the ends' a bit, and started eating takeaways again, and had a few binges. I told OH about these. It felt really embarrassing, especially the one where I sent him out to the pub, purely so that I could order £25 worth of Chinese takeaway and eat it all! A few other habits had taken over as well, like using OH going away as an excuse to eat, and binge eating whilst drunk.

For the past 18 days I have not done any of those things, and I've lost 8lbs since christmas. I feel very positive, and I know that I've overcome a lot of things in the past year. I think the key has been to 'confess' my secret eating, and awareness of all the habits that cause me to gain weight. Of course, awareness is not enough, I actually do something to avoid it, and I am slowly winning my battle.

The whole public eating thing is still horrible, people (especially my work colleagues and family) seem to think that because I have lost weight, they have the right to comment on my eating habits! So if I eat what they perceive as 'healthy food', I get comments like 'oh, so are you being good again', and if I eat what they perceive as 'unhealthy food', I get evil looks and comments like 'shouldn't you be careful', and 'i thought you were eating healthily now'! I hate comments like this. I really don't like food being referred to as good or bad, or eating itself being referred to as 'being good' or 'being bad'. You're eating, refuelling, not committing crimes or helping old ladies across the road! A brilliant woman at my LL group once said 'what other people think is none of your business', which has helped me a lot, as I used to be hugely bothered by what people thought. I'm not so much anymore, but sometimes it still does!

So that's my 5p's worth!

Back