If you didn't like hot choc or muffins..

mags1x

mags
I have experimented a little more recently due to having a lapse!

I didn't like the chocolate shake hot before, but I have discovered if I only use half a pack and about 250 mls water and still use my blender and add a couple sweeteners....I do like it! and because I am halving the pack that gives me 2 drinks it great!

I tried the muffin recipe before as well and didn't like it, but I tried again and it looks like I overcooked it. I made the mix ever so slightly less sticky, cooked it for a little less time and it was moist and fluffy as opposed to dry and dense... I am always now keeping back a tiny amount of mix and adding more water to make it a bit runny, then dip the cooked muffin in the 'sauce' its yummy! mixing it is good too, this morning I had a raspberry muffin and took a teaspoon of choc mix for sauce, I'll still be able to have 2 hot chocs out of that pack later I'll just use a little less water!

So VLCD'ers experiment experiment experiment....

Have a great day everyone!:)

Mags
xxxx

Thanks for the tips Mags! :D

I'm sticking to straight shakes/porridge and soups for as long as I can so that when I get bored of them I can try something new, but it will be great to have the benefit of someone else's experience so that I don't ruin my food!! :eek: :D :D

Yeah I think its work keeping something up your sleeve if you hit difficulties Anna!

Good luck

Mags
xxx

I've only been on LL for 10 days but starting to hit a boredom wall so tried a muffin.

Absolutely vile. Think I made it too thick and overcooked it, was horrible. Still managed to plough my way through it though :D

Will try again, but add more water and shorten the cooking time.

Really looking forward to the choc fudge recipe Mike has on his site ... maybe save that for next weekend.

I've tried the muffins a couple of times but they are horrible yuk! I dont want to waste my packs to try again, maybe I'm just a bad cook but they kind of have a funny taste thats not like the shakes at all

I didn't like the fudge thingy but maybe I should try again.

The muffin can be light and fluffy if you get it right!

I am enjoying the raspberry muffin with choc sauce every day at the mo!

Mags
xxx

After I have mixed the water and choc pack, I add a third of the nut crunch broken up and stir it in [it's better thicker]. Then microwave for 40 secs only. Its not bad!

Back