If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Me too! Did u see my post about yesterday's shopping? £27.99 of shopping for £7.72! X

A few more Activity Points ;-) x

Yeah, a few clocked up there haha

A green tub for the green apple and a red tub for the red apple? X

Would it make you laugh if I said my other half valls me the plastic magpie? I save every tub, tray or container I can!

Would you be jealous if I said I buy all sorts of tubs at wholesale prices! And you cant have the same stuff in non matching tubs. Makes me anxious!

My word, your diary moves quickly! 24 hours away and there are about a hundred pages to catch up with.

How very odd about the pringles. You learn something new every day.

SOme very impressive bargain hunting you managed yesterday. I never manage to find bargains that good.

My word, your diary moves quickly! 24 hours away and there are about a hundred pages to catch up with.

SOme very impressive bargain hunting you managed yesterday. I never manage to find bargains that good.

neither do i! i stopped lookin at the bargain section in asda because u either couldnt get a look in, or it was all junk anyway! lol

Ooh yeh i cud do.x

I love how u get my OCD ways! X

Yeah, a few clocked up there haha

I'm only jealous lol x

I too clocked up some over the weekend ;)

I'm definitely jealous lol x

Would it make you laugh if I said my other half valls me the plastic magpie? I save every tub, tray or container I can!

Would you be jealous if I said I buy all sorts of tubs at wholesale prices! And you cant have the same stuff in non matching tubs. Makes me anxious!

OMG I love you, I just got VERY excited when I read that post lol x

Once I finish catching up myself I have a crucial update from today ;-) x

neither do i! i stopped lookin at the bargain section in asda because u either couldnt get a look in, or it was all junk anyway! lol

You've gotta sharpen your elbows, befriend the colleague who does the reductions and time your visit correctly! X

Good Evening Sweeties :)

OMG everyone had verbal diarrohea tonight, thought I was never going to get to update!

Poppy has Rainbows on a Monday Night so I thought I would pop into Asda to see if there were any Yellow Stickers (You know how much I just love a Yellow Sticker!) and I timed it just right, got some lovely bargains...

image-228682285.jpg

Did my sums when I got home (of course!) and it turns out I got £15.40 of goods for £6.16 however when I went to open the Pomegranate I discovered they were off (the smell was horrendous!) so I I called the Asda Care Line and they understood that I couldn't store it to take back tomorrow so they are sending me a £2 gift card in the post! So I will have ended up paying £4.16, what a result!

Once I'd played Tetris in the fridge putting it all away, here's the dinner I made myself...

image-230284695.jpg

It consisted of 1/3 of my 25p Potatoes (4pp), a 36p Coleslaw Mix (0pp) made up with 30g of Light Chilli Mayo (2pp) and 15ml Garlic & Herb Dressing (0pp), 1/3 or 4 Slices of my 49p Quorn Ham (2pp) and Beetroot/Cucumber/Tomato/Yellow Pepper (0pp). A Bargain meal in both cost and PP!

Hope you've all had a fab Monday Sweeties! X

PS-I managed 5.6km of a walking today, Whoop Whoop! X

OMG everyone had verbal diarrohea tonight, thought I was never going to get to update!

Poppy has Rainbows on a Monday Night so I thought I would pop into Asda to see if there were any Yellow Stickers (You know how much I just love a Yellow Sticker!) and I timed it just right, got some lovely bargains...

View attachment 95371

Did my sums when I got home (of course!) and it turns out I got £15.40 of goods for £6.16 however when I went to open the Pomegranate I discovered they were off (the smell was horrendous!) so I I called the Asda Care Line and they understood that I couldn't store it to take back tomorrow so they are sending me a £2 gift card in the post! So I will have ended up paying £4.16, what a result!

Once I'd played Tetris in the fridge putting it all away, here's the dinner I made myself...

View attachment 95372

It consisted of 1/3 of my 25p Potatoes (4pp), a 36p Coleslaw Mix (0pp) made up with 30g of Light Chilli Mayo (2pp) and 15ml Garlic & Herb Dressing (0pp), 1/3 or 4 Slices of my 49p Quorn Ham (2pp) and Beetroot/Cucumber/Tomato/Yellow Pepper (0pp). A Bargain meal in both cost and PP!

loadsa bargains again!
and wow how much coleslaw uv got there ! i may have to have a go at making my own at some point!
looks yummy :)

loadsa bargains again!
and wow how much coleslaw uv got there ! i may have to have a go at making my own at some point!
looks yummy :)

Gotta love the bargains! Coleslaw was so much nicer homemade plus got way more for 2pp! I'm gonna make it with my Garlic Mayo tomorrow. X

View attachment 95371

View attachment 95372

That looks yummy hun and i love beetroot. U and bargins eh your brill at it. Wel dun on your walk hun.x

That looks yummy hun and i love beetroot. U and bargins eh your brill at it. Wel dun on your walk hun.x

Thanks Sweetie, I'm glad I liked the dinner as ill probably have it for the next 3 nights lol. X

View attachment 95371

View attachment 95372

Your dinner looks really nice.

And what a brilliant result about the pomegranate.
Sorry they were really manky in the first place though.
Asda are pretty good with problems though.
My grandma has often gotten vouchers for dodgy items.

Your dinner looks really nice.

And what a brilliant result about the pomegranate.
Sorry they were really manky in the first place though.
Asda are pretty good with problems though.
My grandma has often gotten vouchers for dodgy items.

Although the smell was horrendous I'm just glad it made my shopping £2 cheaper lol! I do love a bargain although I'm going to donate some of these bits to my parents as they haven't had chance to go shopping since their trip. X

i went through a stage last year of couponing from coupon sites on the internet, i would get all the product coupons printed off, then go on compare the supermarket (something like that) and type in all the products i had coupons for. then i would see where each product was on offer and put the relavent coupon in that supermarket pile,(i had a folder for each supermarket) once i had done this, i would write a list for each supermarket of products/coupons to be used and off id go to each one, mostly it worked out i would pay a few pence for each product
e.g £1 off flash liquid.......flash on offer sainsburys at £1 instead of £2
i still have a stash of cleaning products to use, my aim was to not 'pay' for any cleaning products for a year and mostly i didnt. i also joined loads of baby clubs when my daughter was pregnant & vouchers, baby packs for new mums etc i got enough nappies & wipes to last her the 1st few months of her new baby

it was a lot of work but worth it if u have the time, i often used to get £30 of shopping for £3 or something x

Although the smell was horrendous I'm just glad it made my shopping £2 cheaper lol! I do love a bargain although I'm going to donate some of these bits to my parents as they haven't had chance to go shopping since their trip. X

Me & my mum often do that to her parents.
We go to morrisons.
It's out of town, but as I can drive, it's not a problem.
However they can't get over there, and especially not at the time of night when the bargains are going on.
So we'll often see bargains and think "ooh... grandma and grandad will like that" so in they go for them.
Grandma loves when we turn up with bags full.

I don't think I've mentioned some of the bargains I've had from there recently.
Bought some WW individual victoria sponges for 9p a packet.
Bought my sister a pack of 5 cadbury's caramel cake bars for 9p, a rowntrees randoms traybake cake for 9p.
And mum got 2 of those ginormous store bought birthday cakes (the really nice ones with the icing and the jam and cream in the middle) for just 55p each, instead of £7.50!
You do have to get there at the right time though.
It's a different time each night though. We did have it worked out, but since I've been gymming and going to classes, don't get much chance to get over there at the right times anymore.

i went through a stage last year of couponing from coupon sites on the internet, i would get all the product coupons printed of, then go on compare the supermarket (something like that) and type in all the products i had coupons for. then i would see where each product was on off and put the relavent coupon in that supermarket pile,(i had a folder for each supermarket) once i had done this, i would write a list for each supermarket of products/coupons to be used and off id go to each one, mostly it worked out i would pay a few pence for each product
e.g £1 off flash liquid.......flash on offer sainsburys at £1 instead of £2
i still have a stash of cleaning products to use, my aim was to not 'pay' for any cleaning products for a year and mostly i didnt. i also joined loads of baby clubs when my daughter was pregnant & vouchers, baby packs for new mums etc i got enough nappies & wipes to last her the 1st few months of her new baby

it was a lot of work but worth it if u have the time, i often used to get £30 of shopping for £3 or something x

I used to do the Extreme Couponing too but found that Supermarkets have started being far more strict, they refuse the coupons even if you're buying the item, so not fair! I've not bought coffee in years, always get it on offer and then 'free' with a coupon, got I think 3 Jars left under the stairs from my last haul! X

Me & my mum often do that to her parents.
We go to morrisons.
It's out of town, but as I can drive, it's not a problem.
However they can't get over there, and especially not at the time of night when the bargains are going on.
So we'll often see bargains and think "ooh... grandma and grandad will like that" so in they go for them.
Grandma loves when we turn up with bags full.

I don't think I've mentioned some of the bargains I've had from there recently.
Bought some WW individual victoria sponges for 9p a packet.
Bought my sister a pack of 5 cadbury's caramel cake bars for 9p, a rowntrees randoms traybake cake for 9p.
And mum got 2 of those ginormous store bought birthday cakes (the really nice ones with the icing and the jam and cream in the middle) for just 55p each, instead of £7.50!
You do have to get there at the right time though.
It's a different time each night though. We did have it worked out, but since I've been gymming and going to classes, don't get much chance to get over there at the right times anymore.

What were the WW Victoria Sponges like? I always look at them but never actually bought them! One thing I dislike about being a Single Parent is that the only Store-Close Day I can do is Sunday :-( I would go most nights if there was someone here, maybe it's a good thing I can't go lol. X

I used to do the Extreme Couponing too but found that Supermarkets have started being far more strict, they refuse the coupons even if you're buying the item, so not fair! I've not bought coffee in years, always get it on offer and then 'free' with a coupon, got I think 3 Jars left under the stairs from my last haul! X

how can they refuse if you have the item ? i think tesco are pretty good for coupons, asda always check if you have item but i do anyway, gone are the days u cld just use coupons in asda and not buy any of the products lol

the best ones are where u have say three coupons for same product and its buy two get one free (sainsbury) and you actually make money back lol x

how can they refuse if you have the item ? i think tesco are pretty good for coupons, asda always check if you have item but i do anyway, gone are the days u cld just use coupons in asda and not buy any of the products lol x

They just started getting really picky! Our Sainsburys also wont take any 'Home Printed Coupons' as they say they are too easily forged etc! So now I just stick with my Complaint Vouchers/Gift Cards and my Yellow Stickers, it works for me! X

They just started getting really picky! Our Sainsburys also wont take any 'Home Printed Coupons' as they say they are too easily forged etc! So now I just stick with my Complaint Vouchers/Gift Cards and my Yellow Stickers, it works for me! X

spoilsports ! x

Back