If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

yea she said normally cooked. iv always done it cooled x

iv never weighed raw. .....always cooked xxx

Hope ye don't mind me butting in here. Just had the very same "discussion" re: cooked v raw and finally managed to get my group to understand!!

Ok so my numbers may be off but this is just for explanatory purposes.

Cooking food DOES NOT reduce the number of points, it may change the weight but the points will be the same.

For example (again weights are not accurate)

60g of dried pasta becomes 100g when cooked. If 60g dried is say 6 points, 100g cooked is also 6 points. The book or the NI on packets will calculate the points either as served or cooked.

Baked potatoes are the opposite, they get lighter when cooked so example a 100g potato say becomes 50g when cooked. If its 10 points raw its not 5 points cooked, it's still 10 points, if that makes sense. Again the book or NI will specify if your to calculate cooked or raw.

Hope this makes sense. Seems like a great idea to reduce the points just cos you cook it and the weight changes, but anything that sounds too good to be true usually is and I don't want ye all thinking your saving loads of points and then wondering why the weight doesn't come off!

Again, hope my butting in does not offend anyone, it's just something I've done a lot of research on / debating on recently and thought I'd share my findings!

-sorry for hijacking your thread serena, congrats on getting to goal :)

Hope ye don't mind me butting in here. Just had the very same "discussion" re: cooked v raw and finally managed to get my group to understand!!

Ok so my numbers may be off but this is just for explanatory purposes.

Cooking food DOES NOT reduce the number of points, it may change the weight but the points will be the same.

For example (again weights are not accurate)

60g of dried pasta becomes 100g when cooked. If 60g dried is say 6 points, 100g cooked is also 6 points. The book or the NI on packets will calculate the points either as served or cooked.

Baked potatoes are the opposite, they get lighter when cooked so example a 100g potato say becomes 50g when cooked. If its 10 points raw its not 5 points cooked, it's still 10 points, if that makes sense. Again the book or NI will specify if your to calculate cooked or raw.

Hope this makes sense. Seems like a great idea to reduce the points just cos you cook it and the weight changes, but anything that sounds too good to be true usually is and I don't want ye all thinking your saving loads of points and then wondering why the weight doesn't come off!

Again, hope my butting in does not offend anyone, it's just something I've done a lot of research on / debating on recently and thought I'd share my findings!

-sorry for hijacking your thread serena, congrats on getting to goal :)
Thanks for clearing it up.. Makes perfect sense.. :)

Hey Serena hope you are ok Hun? Xx

Hey Sweeties!

So sorry I haven't logged on or posted but today has been 'Manic Monday' !

Took Poppy to School, made 12 Banana Muffins, my Friend came over and made lunch (10pp)...

image-345547872.jpg

Ate Banana Muffin (5pp), went on Story Sack Course at School, took Poppy home, made dinner, did homework/story, got Poppy ready, took her to Rainbows and just been in Asda! Reductions were SHOCKING :-( Just got some 'Fake Meat' for the freezer, pic to follow! Collecting her at 6 and then home to collapse with a Bowl of Curiously Cinnamon and a Toblerone!!!

Hope everyone's day hasn't been quite as manic as mine!!!

Lots of Love Sweeties.xxxxx

I don't know how you fit it all in!! You need to slow down mrs!! Xx

Lol oh Serena I love your thread! Been offline all weekend, I point from dried 'raw' and same as others I think whichever way if it works for you do it! Apart from that you never stop :) cx

You must of worked nights and just kept going lol

Randomly I did used to work Nights! I used to get up at 730 on Saturday and not go to bed till Monday night, it was hell!!! X

Lol oh Serena I love your thread! Been offline all weekend, I point from dried 'raw' and same as others I think whichever way if it works for you do it! Apart from that you never stop :) cx

I must run on Duracell ;-) x

Good.. Was worried we'd lost you again.. lol
Good day? x

Yeah I posted about 'Manic Monday' Don't tell me u missed my post, tut tut ;-) x

Back