If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

You will soon learn to love your slow cooker, I use mine all of the time in the winter months, you don't really need a recipe as such just put your chosen meat veg and stock in. The trick is to cut everything the same size so it will cook at the same time, I never pre brown any meat I cook chilli bolognaise curry casseroles. Use your Normal recipe just reduce the amount of water/ stock by half, one of my fav Sunday lunches Is half a leg of lamb with shallots 2 glasses of red wine 1 glass of lamb stock bunch of fresh mint with fresh or dried rosemary,leave on med for about 8 hours it's wonderful. You can also get a few packet mixes from the supermarket especially for the slow cooker they are delicious. You can also use the really cheeper cuts of meat as they really are full of flavour when cooked for a long time? Enjoy your slow cooker girls.

As a non veggie butting in on meat alternatives...I much prefer soya mince to quorn :)
Oh, shame about the appointment date. You may already have tried them, but do any of the traditional sickness 'remedies' help, like mint capsules or mint tea, or ginger/ginger tea? Also an ex veggie for 13 years, I much preferred soya mince to quorn too.
Yey for the Soya Mince Crew ;-) Especially at 28p a box! X I've tried Peppermint Tea but to no avail, anything I swallow just comes straight up as its the Throat/Stomach lining which is irritated :-( x
I bought a slow cooker today on amazon :) £5 off. Cant wait to try it!
Did you get a recipe book with it Sarah? I have one here yet to be used xx
You will soon learn to love your slow cooker, I use mine all of the time in the winter months, you don't really need a recipe as such just put your chosen meat veg and stock in. The trick is to cut everything the same size so it will cook at the same time, I never pre brown any meat I cook chilli bolognaise curry casseroles. Use your Normal recipe just reduce the amount of water/ stock by half, one of my fav Sunday lunches Is half a leg of lamb with shallots 2 glasses of red wine 1 glass of lamb stock bunch of fresh mint with fresh or dried rosemary,leave on med for about 8 hours it's wonderful. You can also get a few packet mixes from the supermarket especially for the slow cooker they are delicious. You can also use the really cheeper cuts of meat as they really are full of flavour when cooked for a long time? Enjoy your slow cooker girls.
My Slow Cooker has been pushed further and further back into my cupboard :-( I think the only thing behind it now is a Cheese Toastie Machine lol. I really should use it tho! X

Oh right thats interesting. Do u get it on the shelf with all the other soya products or in a fridge? Think il give it a go if I spot it anywhere I like trying new things. Thanks guys!!!!
That lamb recipe for the slow cooker sounds amazing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good Morning Sweeties :)

So today is W-Day! I'm sure these Fridays come round quicker every week!

After the week I've had I will be pleased to have STS (as planned) or to have gained my 1lb buffer. Only Time will tell!

Poo-Gate at least didn't happen this week as there were two 'developments' that's surely gotta make a difference?!?

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that sticking to 26pp but wiping out every single 49 Weekly (Saturday & Tuesday) was enough!

Love Serena xxxxx

Oh right thats interesting. Do u get it on the shelf with all the other soya products or in a fridge? Think il give it a go if I spot it anywhere I like trying new things. Thanks guys!!!!
That lamb recipe for the slow cooker sounds amazing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's normally found with the other Veggie 'Packets' like Sausages, Bolognese, you can also buy a 500g or 1kg bag in Holland n Barrett which is what I normally do. X

Good luck :) aim to maintain?

Thanks Sweetie :) x Aiming to Maintain but happy to accept if I put that 1lb on. X

I think have a buffer zone of a few pounds would work really well, if you get to the top of your buffer you reign yourself in and if your in your buffer you can relax, that way you know you can still have a treat day/ night and know that you can do damage limitation, well that's what I hope to do if ever.... no stop...when I get to my goal :0)

I think have a buffer zone of a few pounds would work really well, if you get to the top of your buffer you reign yourself in and if your in your buffer you can relax, that way you know you can still have a treat day/ night and know that you can do damage limitation, well that's what I hope to do if ever.... no stop...when I get to my goal :0)

That's the Fighting Talk we like! 1lb Buffer probably isn't enough but I would just like to stay under 8 Stone so technically I have a 3lb Buffer. X

Good Morning Sweeties :)

So today is W-Day! I'm sure these Fridays come round quicker every week!

After the week I've had I will be pleased to have STS (as planned) or to have gained my 1lb buffer. Only Time will tell!

Poo-Gate at least didn't happen this week as there were two 'developments' that's surely gotta make a difference?!?

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that sticking to 26pp but wiping out every single 49 Weekly (Saturday & Tuesday) was enough!

Love Serena xxxxx

Hey Hun,very good luck for weigh in,I'm sure u will be fine,are u at target now then??trying to read back over posts from u but can't see how much u lost in tots or if your at goal?xxxx

Hey Hun,very good luck for weigh in,I'm sure u will be fine,are u at target now then??trying to read back over posts from u but can't see how much u lost in tots or if your at goal?xxxx

Hey Sweetie :) I reached Goal last Friday, lost 1 Stone 8 lb in today, my goal was 1 7 so I have a 1lb 'buffer' x

That's the Fighting Talk we like! 1lb Buffer probably isn't enough but I would just like to stay under 8 Stone so technically I have a 3lb Buffer. X
I think 5lb is really realistic especially with the big C coming getting excited at he thought of it I luv it :0)

good luck for your wi xx

Good luck hunnie...

oh I do love my slow cooker.. Great for throwing stuff in and coming home to a healthy home cooked meal without having to cook.. Mornings are done while still asleep so its the same as not cooking for me.. lol

Good luck with WI :)

I nearly bought a slow cooker the other day but didn't in the end, I just don't have enough counter space & it think it would end up like Serena's in the back of the cupboard. May be when I've got my new kitchen!

Back