If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Some yummy looking dinners over the last few days :) I especially like the look of your pie and mash. Yum!

Looking forward to seeing how you put your extra points to use. Might it be worth trying the 32pp that the app reccomended as you are now several lbs under target. I know its not easy to contemplate the scales going up after all this time but might be worth considering.

cannot wait for this recipe looks so yum xx

Yeah Shepherd's Pie is lamb- but in my house we use beef and still call it Shepherd's Pie :p

If Cottage Pie is beef then what's Cumberland Pie? I often get that from Morrisons.

Serena your OSS is 3pp? Is that with milk too or do you use water? I made up a sachet of OSS golden syrup variety this morning and it came to 5pp- 4pp for the oats and 1pp for the milk. I was wondering how you got yours down :p

Morning Serena, my family always think I'm an oddball for leaving food at the side of the plate or eating 4 squares of chocolate if I only have 4pp to spend haha glad I'm not the only one now... What did you do with those 5 soldiers in the end? :) xx

Have fun at the cinema.
Yeah the slow cookers and all are in aldi over here on Thursday aswell although the sc I bought in argos was 3 euro cheaper

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I always measure raw weight of foods. If you cook them and re-weigh they are always a bit lighter, we had this discussion a while back and I think most people weigh raw food as they feel a bit uncertain of the points if pointing when cooked.

I used to weigh raw pasta etc but I found that coming in from work and weighing pasta etc and cooking in seperate pots way too stressful so now I just weigh when cooked

No no no Serena... Minced beef is shepherds pie... :p

Ooh I hope we have soup maker this week in Aldi/Lidl (whichever it was.. I always get them confused)
I broke my blender recently so been using a hand blender to blend up my soups and its a big fat pain in the ass!!! I only allow myself buy kitchen gadgets if I know i'll use them.. N if it in the cupboard unused for too long I bring it to the charity shop.. That's my rule :)

Aldi from Thurs 24th Oct....and if you ever stop using your Soup Maker I will pop over and collect it ;-) x

No no no ~ Minced beef is cottage pie, shepherds pie is lamb as shepherds look after sheep :0)

Yup!! Shepards pie is lamb xx

Even as a Veggie I thought I was right lol x

Some yummy looking dinners over the last few days :) I especially like the look of your pie and mash. Yum!

Looking forward to seeing how you put your extra points to use. Might it be worth trying the 32pp that the app reccomended as you are now several lbs under target. I know its not easy to contemplate the scales going up after all this time but might be worth considering.

OMG Atomic, Pie n Mash was epic and so nice to have a Delivery but be something I wanted! I'm gonna try 29 and see how I go I think! My TDEE at my current weight is 1345cals which is 34pp approx which would be about right at 26pp plus Weeklies so I'm not sure why I've lost the last couple of weeks?!? X

cannot wait for this recipe looks so yum xx

Once I work out my scribbles I will post it! X

Yeah Shepherd's Pie is lamb- but in my house we use beef and still call it Shepherd's Pie :p

If Cottage Pie is beef then what's Cumberland Pie? I often get that from Morrisons.

Serena your OSS is 3pp? Is that with milk too or do you use water? I made up a sachet of OSS golden syrup variety this morning and it came to 5pp- 4pp for the oats and 1pp for the milk. I was wondering how you got yours down :p

My Flavoured OSS Sachets are 3pp and I only make it with Water as I prefer it's taste that way. X And apparently Cumberland Pie is exactly the Same as Cottage Pie ((Beef) but has an extra layer of Breadcrumbs on top. X

Morning Serena, my family always think I'm an oddball for leaving food at the side of the plate or eating 4 squares of chocolate if I only have 4pp to spend haha glad I'm not the only one now... What did you do with those 5 soldiers in the end? :) xx

The Soldiers will be rehomed by the Popsicle after her Dinner tonight :) x

Have fun at the cinema.
Yeah the slow cookers and all are in aldi over here on Thursday aswell although the sc I bought in argos was 3 euro cheaper

I'm currently watching one in my town on eBay for 99p, it's bigger than my current one so I might get that if no one else bids! Can't resist a 99p Slow Cooker! X

Enjoy the cinema!!

Quick question.. how.do u guys pp pasta +rice etc? Do you weigh its raw weight (alot easier) and do it like that? X

My New Veggie Diary; http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=329400 :)

I always measure raw weight of foods. If you cook them and re-weigh they are always a bit lighter, we had this discussion a while back and I think most people weigh raw food as they feel a bit uncertain of the points if pointing when cooked.

I always weigh my food raw aswell xx

I used to weigh raw pasta etc but I found that coming in from work and weighing pasta etc and cooking in seperate pots way too stressful so now I just weigh when cooked

Oh God, not the Raw vs Cooked Debate! I think the general consensus was 'Don't fix what's not broken' I weigh Raw, that worked for me, others weigh cooked, that works for them! I think start as you mean to go on, you may get abnormalities if you flick from one method to the other! X

Good Afternoon Sweeties :)

OMG Minimins has been busy busy busy this morning, just updating now!

So I went to the Cinema this morning, had a Free Ticket to see Philomena, it's the new Judi Dench and Steve Coogan Movie. It's based on a true story and I have to admit, it kept me gripped the whole way through and the 90mins was over before I knew it! I took my own Pepsi Max Cherry and Banana so I didn't buy their over priced, over pped snacks! A total free morning :) Poppy saw Disney Pixar Planes with her Dad, that was £5 for them both, bargain as it only came out in the Summer Holidays!

I was going to take Poppy out for Lunch but instead I decided to be Frugal and pop to Asda for Reductions instead, jackpot!

image-1196715745.jpg

Quiche for both of us for 2 Dinners, 6pp/10.5p A Portion! (It's been frozen in Portions already)

Petit Pains for both of us for 2 Dinners, 5pp/26p Each! (Frozen already)

Enough Fresh Veg for 4 Dinners, All 0pp!

1.25kg of Purple Rooster Potatoes for 50p!

Total Haul should of cost £10.71, I paid £5.26! Result!

Lets be honest, I would of spent more than £5.26 on Lunch and got far more for my money this way!

On another note, my appetite has vanished since I am 'allowed' 29pp! It's nearly 3pm and I've only eaten 3pp! WTF?!? I've also got 45 Weeklies to use before Friday! Crikey!

Lots of Love Serena x

You better crack on then Serena!! Maybe you should've had full fat Pepsi!

I've left bits out of crisp packets/sweets because of pp too!!

On yesterday's bargains....3 packs if asparagus, jealous, I love it but it's so expensive!

6pp shepherdless pie, bargain-ness!!

You better crack on then Serena!! Maybe you should've had full fat Pepsi!

I've left bits out of crisp packets/sweets because of pp too!!

On yesterday's bargains....3 packs if asparagus, jealous, I love it but it's so expensive!

6pp shepherdless pie, bargain-ness!!

I'm looking forward to the Asparagus, not had it in AGES cos of the price! X PS-Only had Pepsi Max in and didn't want to spend £6 on one at the cinema lol x

Serena you best get eating :p

I've just forced down 2 Slices (48g) of Tiger Bread (3pp) and 1 Medium Egg (2pp). 8pp Eaten, 21pp to go! X

I'm looking forward to the Asparagus, not had it in AGES cos of the price! X PS-Only had Pepsi Max in and didn't want to spend £6 on one at the cinema lol x I've just forced down 2 Slices (48g) of Tiger Bread (3pp) and 1 Medium Egg (2pp). 8pp Eaten, 21pp to go! X

Forced it down ;)

Good Afternoon Sweeties :)

It has been requested that I post my Bolognese/Chilli/Shepherdless Pie Recipes so I've made sense of my Scribbles and here I am :)

Before I start, i should state that I used this Mince...

image-257264094.jpg

Each Box contains 2x50g Sachets and I bought them for 28p A Box (Reduced in Morrisons). So each Recipes Mince only effectively cost me 14p!

BOLOGNESE (Total Recipe-4pp, 2pp Per Portion)

210g Mince-One Sachet Rehydrated (4pp)
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Tsp Herbs De Provence
1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins
150g Mushrooms
70g White Onion
50g Carrot
1 Clove Garlic
22g Tomato Purée

CHILLI (Total Recipe-8pp, 4pp Per Portion)

200g Asda Mixed Bean Salad (4pp)
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Green Chilli
1 Red Chilli
150g Mushrooms
70g White Onion
50g Carrot
1 Clove Garlic
22g Tomato Purée

SHEPHERDLESS PIE (Total Recipe-18pp, 6pp Per Portion)

500g Asda Fresh Mashed Potato (9pp)
181g Garden Peas (3pp)
280ml Onion Gravy (2pp)
1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
1 Tsp Marmite
200g Carrots
150g Mushrooms
70g White Onion
1 Clove Garlic
22g Tomato Purée

Hope these recipes can help people to save pp but still have yummy dinners! I bought the Foil Trays to freeze mine in (10 for £1 from Asda). As you can see the Portions are really nice and generous!

image-277616275.jpg

Lots of Love Serena x

Glad u enjoyed your film hun and u were rite taking your own snacks the cinema is a rip off. Ive neva seen that mince b4 but i did used to get the bolognaise soya mince in the packet in morrisons. Nice bargins u got today and yeh u best get munching.x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad u enjoyed your film hun and u were rite taking your own snacks the cinema is a rip off. Ive neva seen that mince b4 but i did used to get the bolognaise soya mince in the packet in morrisons. Nice bargins u got today and yeh u best get munching.x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using MiniMins.com mobile app

What did you think of the Packet Bolognese? I don't think it's bad for how much it costs. I'm loving my Bargains :) x

Back