If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Might get myself a fondant fancy with the 4 pp I saved on lunch :) Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yummy! And still 1pp left for a Jaffa Cake or Pink Wafer! X

Just sounds to good to be true. Lol Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If I didn't know it worked I probably wouldn't believe it either! X

Good Afternoon Subscribing Sweeties :)

I'm back home from the Drs now, he gave me the Statins and advised me on my diet! Apparently I need to cut down on meat, butter, cheese and full fat milk! Not like I have much of those anyway! Plus no more than 4 eggs a week but I rarely have that many anyway!

Feeling pretty tired today, think the last few days has finally caught up on me!

Lots of Love
Serena
X

Good Afternoon Subscribing Sweeties :) I'm back home from the Drs now, he gave me the Statins and advised me on my diet! Apparently I need to cut down on meat, butter, cheese and full fat milk! Not like I have much of those anyway! Plus no more than 4 eggs a week but I rarely have that many anyway! Feeling pretty tired today, think the last few days has finally caught up on me! Lots of Love Serena X

No wonder, you've had a busy and stressful few days. Will you get chance for a nap?xx

Seems a bit unfair 2 tell u 1 cut back on wot u hardly eat anyway! Hopefully tabs will help.

Jst on lunch, so nice outside & I'm stuck indoors.

Kit kat 3 points - nxt shopping list

X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

No wonder your tired sweetie you've had a rough few days try n get so relaxing time to yourself :)
I have a quick question about pasta how many pp in 80g dry pasta? X

hiya hunni glad appointment wasnt too bad, if u hardly eat the stuff anyway i wouldnt worry too much about it :) x

No wonder your tired sweetie you've had a rough few days try n get so relaxing time to yourself :)
I have a quick question about pasta how many pp in 80g dry pasta? X

8.... If memory serves me right
It's 1pp per 10g x

8.... If memory serves me right It's 1pp per 10g x

It is BUT you get 87g for 8pp so you'd be doing yourself out of 7g of pasta by having 80g ;) x

Good Afternoon Subscribing Sweeties :)

I'm back home from the Drs now, he gave me the Statins and advised me on my diet! Apparently I need to cut down on meat, butter, cheese and full fat milk! Not like I have much of those anyway! Plus no more than 4 eggs a week but I rarely have that many anyway!

Feeling pretty tired today, think the last few days has finally caught up on me!

Lots of Love
Serena
X

Hey Serena

Sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. I'm pleased the doctors are on the ball and have now given you some medication. Keep up the weight loss and the doctor won't be able to find anything for you to stop/do as you hardly eat any of the things on that list anyway as you say. Look after yourself and we're all here whenever you need us.

Lots of love
Nic xx

Hmmm Hun, when it comes to doctors and diets I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt. My friend is a doctor and they only spent 2 full days on diet when she did her training. They don't know what they are talking about. Eggs are almost a complete food, I think they are only missing vitamin C. There has been many studies showing they actually lower cholesterol. Obviously there are other studies saying the opposite. But I think everything in moderation. We need some good fats in our bodies :)
What is it you struggle with? If you don't mine me asking....I'm nosey :)

I like your treat reply. I struggle with having treats in, an open pack of anything and I can't help myself. I'm 5ft9 but we have a top shelf really high. My skinny husband is 6ft4 and he puts his sweets on that shelf. Since being pregnant I can't reach that high lol

Hi Serena, hope you are resting for the evening now after your GP appt. I agree with Mummy Sarah, sounds like the Gp has pulled that off 'google' instead of taking into account your actual diet. SW suggest no more than 10 eggs a week, however I doubt many people eat more than 4 as a rule. Hopefully the meds will be more helpful. Take it steady lady :)

Hey gorgeous Lady hope you are ok? Xx

Hmmm Hun, when it comes to doctors and diets I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt. My friend is a doctor and they only spent 2 full days on diet when she did her training. They don't know what they are talking about. Eggs are almost a complete food, I think they are only missing vitamin C. There has been many studies showing they actually lower cholesterol. Obviously there are other studies saying the opposite. But I think everything in moderation. We need some good fats in our bodies :)
What is it you struggle with? If you don't mine me asking....I'm nosey :)

I like your treat reply. I struggle with having treats in, an open pack of anything and I can't help myself. I'm 5ft9 but we have a top shelf really high. My skinny husband is 6ft4 and he puts his sweets on that shelf. Since being pregnant I can't reach that high lol

This is pretty much what I was going to say too. The advice from your doctor really doesn't sound very personalised (or very up to date) so I would encourage you do your own research into any dietry changes you make. Sometimes its about the things you chose to include rather than exclude as well. There is a fair few studies that show a link between oat bran and lower cholestrel and a very well established link between upping veg intake and upping exercise.

Not surprising you're tired, it's been so stressful for you. Be kind to yourself and try to take it easy for a few days. Hugs xx

Thanks Sam, I just don't know how to slow down! X

Hi, saw you post on alot of threads, so i thought i'd pop in and read your diary!

Welcome to the mad house! You might be here a while if u want to read the whole thing ;-) x

No wonder, you've had a busy and stressful few days. Will you get chance for a nap?xx

I think I may have dozed off for an hour this afternoon but right now I feel like I've been hit for a bus! Need to rest on the sofa This evening I think! X

Seems a bit unfair 2 tell u 1 cut back on wot u hardly eat anyway! Hopefully tabs will help. Jst on lunch, so nice outside & I'm stuck indoors. Kit kat 3 points - nxt shopping list X Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Remember there's lots of different flavours and they are all 3pp, I know of Normal, Dark, Cookies n Cream, Orange & Mint! X

No wonder your tired sweetie you've had a rough few days try n get so relaxing time to yourself :) I have a quick question about pasta how many pp in 80g dry pasta? X

Hey Charlene, I don't know the answer to that off the top of my head but will look it up, is it White or Wholemeal? X

hiya hunni glad appointment wasnt too bad, if u hardly eat the stuff anyway i wouldnt worry too much about it :) x

Thanks Shez, ill just keep doing what I'm doing I think! X

8.... If memory serves me right It's 1pp per 10g x

I think you're right Frances, I will work it out later tho. X

It is BUT you get 87g for 8pp so you'd be doing yourself out of 7g of pasta by having 80g ;) x

87g it is then don't like the thought of loosing out on 7g thanks ladies :)

That's what I was thinking, u know how I like to stttttrrreeettttcccchhhhh the pp! X

Hey Serena Sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. I'm pleased the doctors are on the ball and have now given you some medication. Keep up the weight loss and the doctor won't be able to find anything for you to stop/do as you hardly eat any of the things on that list anyway as you say. Look after yourself and we're all here whenever you need us. Lots of love Nic xx

Thanks Nic, just keeping doing what I'm doing I guess! X

Hi Serena, hope you are resting for the evening now after your GP appt. I agree with Mummy Sarah, sounds like the Gp has pulled that off 'google' instead of taking into account your actual diet. SW suggest no more than 10 eggs a week, however I doubt many people eat more than 4 as a rule. Hopefully the meds will be more helpful. Take it steady lady :)

Thanks Helen, I'm gonna start resting soon! X

Hmmm Hun, when it comes to doctors and diets I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt. My friend is a doctor and they only spent 2 full days on diet when she did her training. They don't know what they are talking about. Eggs are almost a complete food, I think they are only missing vitamin C. There has been many studies showing they actually lower cholesterol. Obviously there are other studies saying the opposite. But I think everything in moderation. We need some good fats in our bodies :) What is it you struggle with? If you don't mine me asking....I'm nosey :) I like your treat reply. I struggle with having treats in, an open pack of anything and I can't help myself. I'm 5ft9 but we have a top shelf really high. My skinny husband is 6ft4 and he puts his sweets on that shelf. Since being pregnant I can't reach that high lol

I love my treats tray ;-) It's what keeps me motivated! X

Hey gorgeous Lady hope you are ok? Xx

I'm ok thank you, just catching up on Minis! X

This is pretty much what I was going to say too. The advice from your doctor really doesn't sound very personalised (or very up to date) so I would encourage you do your own research into any dietry changes you make. Sometimes its about the things you chose to include rather than exclude as well. There is a fair few studies that show a link between oat bran and lower cholestrel and a very well established link between upping veg intake and upping exercise.

I think I'm gonna pop to the library tomorrow and see if I can get any recent books out to read up on the subject. X

Back