If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

aww it is a stressful time for kids! but she doesnt have to worry about them - they just put them into groups ready for year 2, and then obv if shes in the wrong group after a while they move them around! they arent that important tbh - bless her! x

Hi Serena

Can't believe the poor little mite has had exams at her age :( way too much pressure! We don't do exams like that in Ireland until much older. Anyway I hope she is feeling better and hopefully will have forgotten about soon so she can enjoy her summer break :)

They closed our iceland down a few months back :(

Well done on the loss...a lb is an lb you will probably make up for it this week. It happens.

I agree get rid of your scales they are the demon ocd or not xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

aww it is a stressful time for kids! but she doesnt have to worry about them - they just put them into groups ready for year 2, and then obv if shes in the wrong group after a while they move them around! they arent that important tbh - bless her! x

I think she just wants to do so well as she's been in top set this year, she reads at gold level so I know if she doesn't achieve well in the test it was just the nerves. X

Hi Serena

Can't believe the poor little mite has had exams at her age :( way too much pressure! We don't do exams like that in Ireland until much older. Anyway I hope she is feeling better and hopefully will have forgotten about soon so she can enjoy her summer break :)

They closed our iceland down a few months back :(

Well done on the loss...a lb is an lb you will probably make up for it this week. It happens.

I agree get rid of your scales they are the demon ocd or not xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Sweetie! The Scales are gone and it does feel good!I'm sorry to hear they closed your iceland, that's a real shame x

iceland and asda - the only places i shop!
id be lost without iceland lol so cheap and some great stuff x

I agree Shez! I'm an Iceland Girl at heart, I'm not even embarrassed! X

Plus your diary is crazy, I come back after 2 hours and there is about 20 new posts. Popular you :D

Plus your diary is crazy, I come back after 2 hours and there is about 20 new posts. Popular you :D

All the cool kids hang out here ;-) x

Aw poor poppy! It's an awful stress, my em isn't doing the transfer test now in Nov as teacher said she wasn't fit for it, I was so cross no one had ever mentioned it before but since we decided not to do it her school work has came on leaps and bounds without the pressure! It's awful hard on them at any stage :(

That's a fab Iceland haul! If I wasn't going to spain on sat (did I mention that) id be tempted to go in a run cx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aw poor poppy! It's an awful stress, my em isn't doing the transfer test now in Nov as teacher said she wasn't fit for it, I was so cross no one had ever mentioned it before but since we decided not to do it her school work has came on leaps and bounds without the pressure! It's awful hard on them at any stage :(

That's a fab Iceland haul! If I wasn't going to spain on sat (did I mention that) id be tempted to go in a run cx

I don't think u mentioned your holiday ;-) I just know that's all they have talked about at school, must be horrible for her :-( I never had exams like this at school and I turned out just fine!!! X

I never really noticed my exams till gcse, is that just cause we were more naive to it?

5 sleeps :D:D:D:D

I never really noticed my exams till gcse, is that just cause we were more naive to it?

5 sleeps :D:D:D:D

I think the first exam I sat were my KS3 Sats in Yr9? God knows what happened to KS1 and KS2! X

I think the first exam I sat were my KS3 Sats in Yr9? God knows what happened to KS1 and KS2! X

i dont remember doin any exams in primary school but i imagine we did -

other than my year 6 exams! and i remember them well because i was so stressed about them i had a reaction and my legs swoll up and were blotchy and i was tested for meningitis! but it wasnt that - and i literally could not walk! it was like learning to walk all over again!

Omg this diary moves on so fast. Be back to comment when I've read through and caught up xx

Poor Poppy. I don't agree wi exams at that age. My friends little girl was so upset cos she was put in2 a different grp from her friends & although she was in the slightly more advanced grp they called her stupid as she was no longer part of their 'Grp'. Kids can b so cruel, there is no nd 4 the added pressure.

I so nd 2 get 2 Iceland. My prob is that I will buy stuff then think that they r 2 high in pp 2 actually eat!!!

Sorry Selena but ur lunch looked pants, I would have complained!!!

Njoy rest evening x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Poor Poppy. I don't agree wi exams at that age. My friends little girl was so upset cos she was put in2 a different grp from her friends & although she was in the slightly more advanced grp they called her stupid as she was no longer part of their 'Grp'. Kids can b so cruel, there is no nd 4 the added pressure.

I so nd 2 get 2 Iceland. My prob is that I will buy stuff then think that they r 2 high in pp 2 actually eat!!!

Sorry Selena but ur lunch looked pants, I would have complained!!!

Njoy rest evening x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

i always used to point items when i was in the store haha

i dont remember doin any exams in primary school but i imagine we did -

other than my year 6 exams! and i remember them well because i was so stressed about them i had a reaction and my legs swoll up and were blotchy and i was tested for meningitis! but it wasnt that - and i literally could not walk! it was like learning to walk all over again!

I remember the year 6 exams. We did practise ones half way through the year, I got good results and was told to go to posh school but didn't want to. I also remember doing exams in about yr 3 or 4. I think I may have done sats in year 9. Then 3 GCSE's in yr 10 and the other 9 GCSE's in yr 11. I was one of them people with an amazing short term memory. I could cram in everything the night before and remember it the next day. Same with A levels. I got an A in A level further math but ask me a mathematical question now and I wouldn't have a clue. Yet it goes on my CV for life lol!!

I think they should scrap exams until at least secondary school

Last edited:
Back