If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Good Afternoon Sweeties

I've been to WI and got a STS :-(

Yes I know I should be pleased as its not a gain but I had hoped that after only 2 days of medication it would not have affected me yet :-(

My Consultant has annoyed me if I'm honest. She's now recommending only 5 Syns per day when a fortnight ago she told me to use 9-10!!!! Plus she's told me to expect a gain next week because I'm changing from morning to evening meeting, deep joy!

I really don't know what I'm doing anymore!

Sorry to be miserable after all your lovely messages, just feeling a bit down hearted.

Love Serena x

Boo shame about the sts :( I disagree with your consultant though, 5 syns is nothing & you'll end up feeling ultra restricted which I'm sure isn't the point of SW...

It will probably be a hard transition to evening meeting...but once it's done it's done & after that you'll be on your way. Stick with it, I'm giving it at least 6 weeks then if it's not happening I'll try something else or start weighing stuff, but that's frustrating as we shouldn't have to do that...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

So unfair you STS my lovely..hope you aren't blaming yourself as you have been amazing and super healthy. Here when you're ready to come chat :) hugs xxx

Hi Serena,

Really sorry to hear about your STS. Such a shame as you worked so hard for it. I would t want to be doing it with 5 suns. Too restrictive to stick to for any length of time. I know lots of people do well with slimming world so stick with it but maybe try out the other meeting x

Good Afternoon Sweeties

I've been to WI and got a STS :-(

Yes I know I should be pleased as its not a gain but I had hoped that after only 2 days of medication it would not have affected me yet :-(

My Consultant has annoyed me if I'm honest. She's now recommending only 5 Syns per day when a fortnight ago she told me to use 9-10!!!! Plus she's told me to expect a gain next week because I'm changing from morning to evening meeting, deep joy!

I really don't know what I'm doing anymore!

Sorry to be miserable after all your lovely messages, just feeling a bit down hearted.

Love Serena x

Firstly - well done on ur exams!!

Not surprised ur consultant annoyed u - I'd have expected her to be much more supportive - esp as ur a newish member plus the medication/and I think totm? issue.

Like others here I'm really surprised that she told u to go down to 5 syns - not a good idea I think - would have thought that upping ur speed food and doing a bit of exercise wd be worth trying first. Also it's early days on ur meds - if I were u, I'd wear something light for next week's WI (and for all future WIs) to offset a little of any gain cos u'll be weighing at night.

Please don't let her spoil things - over the years I've been to so many different SW classes and altho the vast majority of Cs are great - just like any organisation u get the odd weak one. Any chance u cd go to another class?

Keep posting won't you - it must be tough to have meds give u a gain - but u have loads of friends to support u - like u do others! Big hugs xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ahh Serena, I am disappointed for you :( Hugs from me too. I can't really suggest anything either as it's a while since I did SW and it's all changed now but I agree that your consultant shouldn't be making you feel that way. Don't give up though hun xx

Thanks Sam :) Just listening to my moaning is enough! X

Oh hun, wish I was there to give you a big hug xxx I want to slap the consultant for being horrible to our lovely Serena! My friend was on steroids and she struggled at first but after a short while her body adjusted and the weight started coming off again. Forgot going down to 5 syns, do another week and see how you feel Sending positives thoughts and comfort xx

Thanks Claire :) Virtual Hug Accepted! X

Aww Hun, don't blame you for being disappointed- your consultant doesn't sound that helpful- 5 syns would be a big struggle for most people. How many healthy extras are you having? In the past Ive struggle to lose with Sw unless I been really strict. I hope your feeling better now xx

Thanks Cas :) Im having 1 A and 1 B each day as Im doing EE. When you say strict, do you mean weighing and counting everything? X

I agree with Claire steroids and water retention it will balance out you know what usually works just go with that whilst your body is working out how to go forward with the steroids being involved - your food plans are good so it will catch up with you in a good way soon x x

Thanks Sweetie :) I hope it catches me up and bites me on the bum! X

Your consultant sounds like a pain! I think most people have better losses when they use up their syns - I know I do! They're there to be used after all :)

Thanks Sweetie :) 10 is max for my Weight bracket anyway. X

Sorry you sts Serena and that your consultant is not so helpful. Keep trying hun and if you don't like the meeting and you don't want to go to other local one why not try online? Just a thought xx

Thanks Nic :) I don't have scales so would need to either buy some or go to Boots/Leisure Centre again, worth thinking about tho. X

Hi Serena, sorry your weigh in didn't go how you wanted but a sts is better than a gain and maybe the stress of your eye etc made u retain fluid. Also some people when they use their syns on alcohol have slower losses. It's all a guessing game really to find out what works for you. Enjoy your week ahead and hopefully u will feel better by next week's weigh in. X

Thanks Sinéad :) I don't think I'm having any wine this week so I wonder if it will make a difference? X

Sorry you were disappointed with your WI lovely. Think I'd be leaving that consultant if that's her attitude and risking the other one. I know a lot of people who've had fab consultants but all the ones I've had just didn't seem that interested. Keep at it Hun, you can do it xx

Thanks Sarah :) More of an update about the C coming up! X

Evening serena, how you feeling this evening? If anything, I think your C should be telling you to UP syns! Start at 15, then you have some give as you get nearer to target. I would be ignoring the scales for a few weeks anyway, as you know they're going to be talking pap and medication will be impacting. It will work itself out in the end xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Laura :) 10 Syns is my max anyway! Those Scales are just a pain! X

I always use my full 15 syns and enjoy them to be honest.. Don't do 5 and get down... Chin up and move on.... Xx

Thanks Sweetie :) x

Some good supportive comments there Serena, I do hope you aren't feeling down about it. Its plain unfair but life sometimes isn't, sadly, as you've thrown yourself into planning your slimming world with such enthusiasm and excitement and now this. Hang on in there lovely, in the long run, what you're eating is good and healthy and can only do you good. xx

Thanks Linda :) We are what we eat after all! X

Boo shame about the sts :( I disagree with your consultant though, 5 syns is nothing & you'll end up feeling ultra restricted which I'm sure isn't the point of SW... It will probably be a hard transition to evening meeting...but once it's done it's done & after that you'll be on your way. Stick with it, I'm giving it at least 6 weeks then if it's not happening I'll try something else or start weighing stuff, but that's frustrating as we shouldn't have to do that... Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Thanks Hannah :) I think I do indeed need to think of the bigger, more long term picture. X

So unfair you STS my lovely..hope you aren't blaming yourself as you have been amazing and super healthy. Here when you're ready to come chat :) hugs xxx

Thanks Anna :) Happy to chat with my fellow veggie anytime! X

Hi Serena, Really sorry to hear about your STS. Such a shame as you worked so hard for it. I would t want to be doing it with 5 suns. Too restrictive to stick to for any length of time. I know lots of people do well with slimming world so stick with it but maybe try out the other meeting x

Thanks Sweetie :) Stand by for a Syn update! X

Firstly - well done on ur exams!! Not surprised ur consultant annoyed u - I'd have expected her to be much more supportive - esp as ur a newish member plus the medication/and I think totm? issue. Like others here I'm really surprised that she told u to go down to 5 syns - not a good idea I think - would have thought that upping ur speed food and doing a bit of exercise wd be worth trying first. Also it's early days on ur meds - if I were u, I'd wear something light for next week's WI (and for all future WIs) to offset a little of any gain cos u'll be weighing at night. Please don't let her spoil things - over the years I've been to so many different SW classes and altho the vast majority of Cs are great - just like any organisation u get the odd weak one. Any chance u cd go to another class? Keep posting won't you - it must be tough to have meds give u a gain - but u have loads of friends to support u - like u do others! Big hugs xxxxxxx

Thanks Sweetie :) Im so so grateful for my Minis! X

Good Afternoon Sweeties :)

I'm Back!

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your support since WI. I hope I've managed to reply to you all individually, your comments/words/suggestions/opinions mean such a lot to me.

I'm sorry I was not around yesterday, I had to do some thinking, reflection time as i'd call it at school!

Yes the Scales were a STS but

1) My Eye/Skin are responding well to treatment
2) I'm now 23 Days Binge Free
3) I've passed 2 really important exams this week

So my response to those scales is la la la Im not listening to you!

I have made a few decisions:

I will be continuing with SW!
I will be using UP TO 10 Syns, if I want 5 I'll use 5 but if I want 10 I'll use 10!
I'm going to try and include as much S & P as I can but I WILL NOT be doing EESP
I shall continue with my 10000 Daily Steps Target

And most importantly I will remember all that I have good in my life and not be dictated to by 1 minute of scale time!

Now my Soap Box Moment is over, onto the food:

Wednesday

Breakfast-0% Activia Forest Fruit, Apple, Pear & Clementine

Lunch

image-1046406001.jpg

Dinner (This was the most amazing Slow Cooker Creation, the Quorn Chicken Fillets went so tender!)

image-2776882126.jpg

Healthy Extras were A 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar and B 2 x 400g Wholemeal Slices.

Syns were 4 on a Nescafé Vanilla Latte, fell asleep before I had chance to eat the Crunchie I had planned!

Will be back later with today's food :)

Love Serena x

Well done darling for picking yourself up, brushing yourself down and carrying on with your head held up high! I'm super proud of you as you could have easily given up! A great plan of action and I'll be there to support you if you need it :)

Thanks Claire :) I must admit that yesterday the scales nearly made me want to throw the towel in but then reflection time made me realise there is so much more to be proud of. Thank you for your continued support x

Amazing empowered post Hun x

Thanks Ceri :) I hope I didn't sound too 'soapboxy' lol x

Not at all :) it was inspiring and I am glad you are going to keep going x

Wow iv been gone less then a day and there's so many pgs to catch up on Serena haha! Sorry to hear about your sts :( so disheartening when you work so hard to keep on track :( have you considered measuring yourself ? Maybe the weeks u don't loose you could take a waist/hips measurement and that'll spur you on. Your consultant sounds very patronising - she's prob making u drop so many syns coz she has no other answers - everyone's body is diff - id say stick with the 10 syns!! Congrats on your passes ! What is your job aims ? Something in health care? & lastly keep going Hun, your doing fab! I love coming on to see your daily food & pics - brightens my days :) :) x x x x

Lovely attitude serena.

Can I also add that I don't think you should buy some scales for home. From what I remember last year, it wasn't a good move for you.

Just stick with it x

Also, 23 days binge free is fantastic xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

23 days binge free is amazing!! Xx

Not at all :) it was inspiring and I am glad you are going to keep going x

No stopping me now! X

I am really happy to read your post and that you are sticking with it x

Thanks Sweetie :) Would just be too easy to give in! X

Wow iv been gone less then a day and there's so many pgs to catch up on Serena haha! Sorry to hear about your sts :( so disheartening when you work so hard to keep on track :( have you considered measuring yourself ? Maybe the weeks u don't loose you could take a waist/hips measurement and that'll spur you on. Your consultant sounds very patronising - she's prob making u drop so many syns coz she has no other answers - everyone's body is diff - id say stick with the 10 syns!! Congrats on your passes ! What is your job aims ? Something in health care? & lastly keep going Hun, your doing fab! I love coming on to see your daily food & pics - brightens my days :) :) x x x x

You should know by now that this thread is where all the cool kids hang out! I'm just sticking with the, Syns which I fancy rule, up to 10 obviously lol. I start my job as a Class TA on Monday so I wanted to have my First Aid Course under my belt :) Keep on popping in fellow veggie, more tasty meals still to be posted tonight! X

Lovely attitude serena. Can I also add that I don't think you should buy some scales for home. From what I remember last year, it wasn't a good move for you. Just stick with it x Also, 23 days binge free is fantastic xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Laura! U have a great memory, scales will not be in this house if I want to keep my sanity! I've come too far with my CBT to jeopardise that. X

23 days binge free is amazing!! Xx

Thanks Sarah :) It feels good! X

Good Evening Sweeties :)

Very quick update from me as my eyes are rather sore now!

Breakfast

image-2084979910.jpg

Lunch (Didn't eat the Alpen Lights)

image-890865241.jpg

Dinner (Another Slow Cooker Creation, this time with Quorn Steak Strips)

image-2002958229.jpg

HEA-20g Reduced Fat Cheddar & 175ml Skimmed Milk
HEB-2 x Weetabix to replace the AL Bars

Syns-4.5 on a Nescafé Double Choca Mocha

Onwards to Friday and Day 24 of being binge free!

Love Serena x

Good Evening Sweeties :)

Very quick update from me as my eyes are rather sore now!

Breakfast

View attachment 165061

Lunch (Didn't eat the Alpen Lights)

View attachment 165062

Dinner (Another Slow Cooker Creation, this time with Quorn Steak Strips)

View attachment 165064

HEA-20g Reduced Fat Cheddar & 175ml Skimmed Milk
HEB-2 x Weetabix to replace the AL Bars

Syns-4.5 on a Nescafé Double Choca Mocha

Onwards to Friday and Day 24 of being binge free!

Love Serena x

Food looks attractive - and v low syns! I love slow cooker meals! Great to be binge free for that long - there's been times when I cdn't make 24 hours without a binge! xx

Well done on being binge free for 23 going on 24 days Serena you're doing amazing xx

Back