If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Thats a beautiful pic of Poppy, so glad you both enjoyed your holiday!

It seems like your really run down at the moment- you need to rest when you can x

I think that's half the problem I can't sleep, I'm just exhausted permanently but then can't sleep. Don't like feeling like this x

Those photos are beautiful. You look really happy and confident in all of them. Poppy is beautiful and seems like such a happy little girl.

do you still have numbness? I really hope you manage to get some rest.
Xx

Those photos are beautiful. You look really happy and confident in all of them. Poppy is beautiful and seems like such a happy little girl.

do you still have numbness? I really hope you manage to get some rest.
Xx

I know I'm biased but Poppy really is a great kid, she's had to deal with quite a lot in a short time but she's always coped really well, I'm so proud of her and all that she is. My legs are still numb but I am walking around a little bit now, the pain is radiating down from my back/hips through my bum and info my legs, it's not nice at all. X

evening all. Been an ok day today but I'm hungry now. No that's not true if I'm honest, I'm wanting something just because I'm tired and I feel like it will satisfy me. This is something I'm going to have to learn. Otherwise I'm still feeling really positive.
One thing I'm not sure about is portion sizes. Is there a general guide. I asked on the website chat, but they just said it's either 'medium' portion size or that I should weight everything. Want to know if my 'medium' is not another persons large (for the times I can't weigh). I think potatoes are an fist size?? Any help gratefully received.

Serena - photos are lovely, very jealous of the pool and sun!!

Sorry posted before saying I hope your back feels better soon. Have you tried a hot water bottle to help relax some muscles?? only a thought.

Hi Serena. Oh you're having a right time of it a the moment, bless you. Hope you manage to get a good rest tonight and feel better tomorrow. Lovely holiday pics, great memories for you both :) xx

Hi Serena. Oh you're having a right time of it a the moment, bless you. Hope you manage to get a good rest tonight and feel better tomorrow. Lovely holiday pics, great memories for you both :) xx

Thanks Anna :) I managed to get some sleep but was still extremely restless :( Think I just need to be able to switch off but I can't, it's so irritating! X

evening all. Been an ok day today but I'm hungry now. No that's not true if I'm honest, I'm wanting something just because I'm tired and I feel like it will satisfy me. This is something I'm going to have to learn. Otherwise I'm still feeling really positive.
One thing I'm not sure about is portion sizes. Is there a general guide. I asked on the website chat, but they just said it's either 'medium' portion size or that I should weight everything. Want to know if my 'medium' is not another persons large (for the times I can't weigh). I think potatoes are an fist size?? Any help gratefully received.

Serena - photos are lovely, very jealous of the pool and sun!!

I would say medium potato is the same size as those mc Cain microwave potatoes. Sounds like your doing great x

Hope your feeling better today Serena- and hospital appointment goes well for your mum x

Thanks Sweetie, we've just been to Asda and on our way now x

I hope you're feeling better today. If the numbness continues it might be worth going to the dr's. How's your eye?

Fingers crossed all went well for your mum.
X

I hope you're feeling better today. If the numbness continues it might be worth going to the dr's. How's your eye?

Fingers crossed all went well for your mum.
X

The numbness is much better thank you, I think it might of just been pure exhaustion as I got some sleep last night and felt so much better today! The Stye hasn't gone and I have more now gggrrrr x

I get the numbness a lot over last year- especially during evenings- glad its a bit better- hope that Stye heals for you soon.

How did you get on at the hospital x

I think it might be a bit of dehydration too, hospital went ok but need to wait for more appts/scans x

Evening Everyone!

Today's been a little manic!

We popped to Asda this morning, got lots of 25p bargains so I was very happy! Then we picked Mum up, had to spend an hour massaging her legs and back just so she could shower and leave the hour, wasn't great but we got there. We stopped for lunch on the way and then she had her hospital appt. It went ok but as I previously mentioned she has to wait now for more appts and scans. I then dropped Mum home, made her comfortable and we came home. I then decided I'd make my parents some cupcakes for their wedding anniversary tomorrow! I tried a new recipe, Chocolate Piñata Cupcakes, quickly made those and boxed them up! Poppy will be going to bed soon and I think I'm gonna make some pancakes to freeze as I have some eggs to use!

Here's the finished cupcakes, when we bite into them the smarties inside should just spill out, fingers crossed!!!!

image.jpeg

I collect Orchids, I had 4 before today but had my eye on a dyed orchid, never bought one as they are extremely expensive compared to normal ones but look what Mum bought me today:

image.jpeg

It was a little thank you from her for helping out since we got back, she knows what I'm normally like for going out and I've put all that on hold for the foreseeable future.

Hope everyone's had a great Monday,

Love Serena x

Those cupcakes are lovely and the orchid is beautiful. You definitely deserve it as you sound like a fab daughter.
Do you have dates for our mums scans and tests?
X

Those cupcakes are lovely and the orchid is beautiful. You definitely deserve it as you sound like a fab daughter.
Do you have dates for our mums scans and tests?
X

No dates :( Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later but think it'll probably be when I'm back at work which is a pain. I am trying to look after Mum (and Dad!) best I can but its not always easy at times! X

That's so nice of your mum, it's lovely thats she's appreciating all your help- will work let you have time off for her appointments.
Is your mum any better? Xx

My Mum seems a little better, I think it's only cos she does have the round the clock care at the moment and not sure what she she will be like come term time. Work won't let me have the time off, it's hard enough getting my own hospital appts off as we have to be strict on adult ratios with the age of our kids.

Morning Everyone!

I finally slept a full night last night :) Feeling soooooo much better today!

Today is my parents 32nd wedding anniversary so they have a card from each of us, the chocolate piñata cupcakes and I made this to text to both of them:

image.jpeg

Hopefully we will have a good day although I think Dad has to go to work all day :( Hopefully he will meet us for lunch.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Lots of Love Serena x

Back