If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Hey Everyone!

Today I had to get my butt in gear as a childhood friend who now lives in Hertfordshire had taken the day off work and arranged to meet us at Westfield, Stratford! Meeting up/crowded shopping centre/walking round was the last thing I wanted to do but actually we've had a really lovely day!

We had a McDs Brekkie, got the 1007 Train to Stratford International, had a Starbucks on arrival at Westfield, looked round all the shops, had lunch at Wagamama and just had a cake at John Lewis before getting the 1705 Train home!

Ok it's been a super indulgent day but We've enjoyed every second of it! Here's Poppy's Lunchbag she chose for Year 4:

image.jpeg

She has great bag taste!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!

Lots of Love Serena x

Hiya,
Hope you enjoyed yourselves today:)

So what did you think of Westfield? It takes a while to get use to their layout! The lunch bag looks fab x

I LOVED it, I thought it had a great selection of food and shops and also plenty of toilets!!!! I think I actually preferred it to Bluewater :eek: I guess it was just different and a change is always good! X

I much prefer it do Bluewater as you got more of a variety of shops, but its a nice change for you. Hope your feeling better tonight x

I'm actually feeling a little bit more positive tonight, was so good to see my friend and catch up, I don't see her nearly as much as I would like to but that's working/growing up I guess! X

Thats good - today was probably what you needed- you and Poppy have had some lovely days during the holidays x

I feel a bit more focused for the weekend now if I'm honest, do you think our summer holiday has sounded ok? I don't really feel like we've done much but maybe I'm just being too hard on myself as usual. X

Your be way too hard on yourself! Poppy's had a lovely summer, amazing holiday a few trips to London and time shared with family and friends.
We've not done that much apart from Legoland.

Hope your enjoy your Saturday x

You're so lovely to me, you always make me feel so much better about myself. X

Evening Everyone!

Today's been a very productive day!

We got up early and went to the new house, stayed there doing jobs till around Midday, it's starting to take shape but still seems like a massive project!

We had lunch at home and then napped 1-4 which was what we both needed after a long day yesterday/early start today.

Then I cleaned Oreo out, did all the ironing off the line (took ages!) and now we are just in the process of getting ready to go out!

We are off to a party at a family friends house, we go every year, I think I've probably mentioned but the woman is the most amazing cook, the buffet is always fabulous!!!! Looking forward to catching up with people we've not seen in a while.

Hope everyone's had a great Saturday,

Lots of Love Serena x

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself your doing fab job being two parents most of the time.
Sounds very productive day, its great that your both involved in the new house- is it still local for work and school?
Tonight sounds a great evening, enjoy x

The new house is in Sheerness so a little bit further away from School but will just have to make it work for us, it will be nice being so close to the beach tho (3 roads away in fact!) I think if I didn't drive I couldn't of considered it but it will be ok with the car.

The new houses location sounds amazing. We're currently at in laws who live by the coast and it's nice hearing seagulls flying around.

You have done loads with poppy and shouldn't be worried in the slightest. It sounds like you have had a lovely summer break. I feel guilty that I haven't seen my girls much but know they have had a fun holiday.x

That sounds fab, how lovely for Poppy to be living near a beach! All your friends will be visiting for holidays.
What's sheerness like now?
Will your daily commute be long? Having a car does make a huge difference xx

The new houses location sounds amazing. We're currently at in laws who live by the coast and it's nice hearing seagulls flying around.

You have done loads with poppy and shouldn't be worried in the slightest. It sounds like you have had a lovely summer break. I feel guilty that I haven't seen my girls much but know they have had a fun holiday.x

House near the beach sounds fab! I'd love to live so close to the sea :) xx

Ooh I forgot to mention your new house, how exciting for you both :) Hope it continues to go well xx

Thanks Girlies :) You're all lovely to me!!!!

Our commute will be about 30mins each way, I think I will just need to be super organised with meals etc as there will be too much of a temptation to get fast food/ready meals on the way home!!!! I think the freezer/slow cooker will need to become my best friends, especially in the winter months when the nights are dark early!

Sheerness isn't bad, there is a big Tesco/Aldi but there's also a new Retail Park as you head off the island towards Sittingbourne. The Park has Morrisons, B&M, Poundland, Iceland, Guess How Much, Cancer Research, KFC and a pub so they are all really useful and I'll pass them every work day.

I'm looking forward to being on near the beach, my parents live in Minster so we could walk all the way along the sea front to theirs in the nice weather! Plus i still have loads of friends on the island as I grew up there and had Poppy there so my antenatal/school friends are there.

Today's been lovely, me and Poppy's Dad took her to Herne Bay, we played on the arcades and had lunch, was a lovely few hours. I also managed to get our beds stripped off, washed, dried and made back up, need to start getting back into a routine!!!!

Hope you've all had a great Sunday,

Lots of Love Serena X

Back