If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

It sounds lovely its going be such a nice lifestyle for you both. The commute doesn't sound too bad, plus your usually up pretty early and always so organised.
I remember going to Sheerness as a child but don't remember it that well but its handy having those shops there and your have family/friends nearby.

hope you enjoyed your day out together sounds fab x

It sounds lovely its going be such a nice lifestyle for you both. The commute doesn't sound too bad, plus your usually up pretty early and always so organised.
I remember going to Sheerness as a child but don't remember it that well but its handy having those shops there and your have family/friends nearby.

hope you enjoyed your day out together sounds fab x

I just hope I can keep up with the organisation ;) I don't think I'll mind the extra time in the morning, just don't fancy it after school as much!!!! Poppy throughly enjoyed her day, I know it's not what a lot of people do who are separated but we really enjoy our days out as a family x

You'll be fine with the commute. My commute is 50mins and as long as I have everything ready the night before it's fine.
I do have to have a list of meals I'm going to cook though as that makes life easier when you're late in from work.

I love how you still have an decent relationship with Poppy's dad. So many of my friends don't speak to their ex's and the kids are caught in the middle. I hope id be like you should we ever split up.
X

Your be fine, when we walk to school it takes us around half hr each way.

I would hope we would be the same if we ever split- its so much nicer for Poppy that she still gets those family days out etc- families are all so different X

You'll be fine with the commute. My commute is 50mins and as long as I have everything ready the night before it's fine.
I do have to have a list of meals I'm going to cook though as that makes life easier when you're late in from work.

I love how you still have an decent relationship with Poppy's dad. So many of my friends don't speak to their ex's and the kids are caught in the middle. I hope id be like you should we ever split up.
X

Thanks Girls, I can't say we have always got on as well but now we are just great friends who happen to share a child!!!! I can see me using my meal planner board religiously when we move!!!! X

Morning Everyone!

This morning we've been to Asda and now waiting in the hospital for my Eye Consultant Appt. I'm hoping all will be well but I never know with my condition, I've done brilliantly but never know if it will worsen.

After the Hospital we are going to B&Q to look at sinks/toilets, my Dad can order trade but want to look at them in store, Homebase were rubbish so I thought we would try B&Q as we are in Maidstone anyway. Then we will grab some lunch somewhere and then have a look in the giant Next Home to get some ideas I think.

I'm feeling happy today, my Dad has drawn my kitchen design this morning and it looks brill, exactly what I had In my head, I'm so lucky that he's so talented.

This is the colour my kitchen units are going to be:

image.jpeg

The walls are going to be this colour:

image.jpeg

My appliances are white so I think it's going to look lovely with the purple/grey combination.

Have a great Monday everyone,

Lots of Love Serena x

Looks fab :) My dad is similar, he's always round at my house doing jobs :) xx

Dads are great aren't they!!!! I've always dreamed of a purple kitchen, can't wait for it now!!!! X

Hope your appointment goes well x

The colours are lovely- the kitchen is going look amazing- you've got such a great dad xx

Thanks Sweetie, can't wait for it all to come together! C

Evening Everyone!

What a busy/hectic day!

Asda followed by Hospital which took hours as the consultant was running very late! Then we had lunch and went to B&Q, I'm looking for a toilet and sink, didn't like Homebase so thought I'd try there, was much more impressed with the choices/prices.

So far I like this one:

image.jpeg

Got a couple more stores to look in but I like that one, it's modern but still practical. We are keeping the wet room for the time being so just need a screen as I don't like shower curtains.

After B&Q we went to Currys to look at Dishwashers, I know what I want and they didn't have what I wanted so it will be an online job I think. Then we came home and I got Poppy bathed and hair washed, made dinner and put cakes in the oven!

The Hospital went ok, my condition is stable but they've had to up my steroids, I hate the fact that I'm so dependent on them BUT I also feel lucky to still be stable over 16 years after diagnosis so I guess it's just something to deal with. I think I will look at going back on plan when I'm back at work, think I've enjoyed this time off far too much and I need to be strict for a while!!!!

Hope everyone's had a great day, gosh I've waffled tonight!

Lots of Love Serena x

Very busy day indeed, I prefer B&Q- the toilet and sink looks fab! We don't have a dish washer at the moment but thats a must on my list when we do find a new place.

Glad your appointment went ok at least its shame you got increase your meds though - Getting back on plan will be much easier when your back at work x

Holidays just mucks the whole routine up !!! I've never had a dishwasher (or a purple kitchen lol) so I can't wait! X

Here's tonight's culinary experiment:

image.jpeg

Mum gave me a homegrown marrow so I decided to turn it into loaf cakes!!!! I think it will just taste of cake and mixed spice as marrow is tasteless I think! I'll update you upon tasting tomorrow lol!

This is next on my baking hit list:

image.jpeg

If not in this house it will definitely be in the new house, custard cream cheesecake! Omg!

Lots of Lovs Serena x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Oh, that cheesecake looks amazing.
That loaf looks nice and I'll be interested to hear what it tastes like.
The new kitchen looks lovely and I really like tha bathroom stuff.
You both won't regret getting a dishwasher. It's my can't be without appliance. I know that makes me sound really lazy but it's so much easier.
X

Oh, that cheesecake looks amazing.
That loaf looks nice and I'll be interested to hear what it tastes like.
The new kitchen looks lovely and I really like tha bathroom stuff.
You both won't regret getting a dishwasher. It's my can't be without appliance. I know that makes me sound really lazy but it's so much easier.
X

Those cakes look great - hope you do find a dish washer it will make things much easier once you've moved and back to work.

Hope you and Poppy are enjoying the sunshine xx

Thanks Girls, the marrow cake was soooooo yummy, it was just a really nice lightly spiced moist sponge, very tasty! I gave one to my parents and we kept one. X

Morning Everyone!

Sorry I didn't update last night, I was so shattered after a super busy day!

I fasted Monday into Tuesday and then had my blood tests done first thing, then we went to Wickes and I had something to eat from the Burger Van and we had a look round.

We then went and finally chose my carpet and vinyl. We've gone for a dark grey carpet all over the house and then a dark grey vinyl in the kitchen/back door area.

We then went to a local plumbing shop and have I think chosen out the toilet, sink, shower, wet room screen.

We then went to a local appliances shop, we looked at ovens/hobs/extractors/dishwashers, didn't choose anything exactly but I have a good idea of what I'll be getting.

We had lunch at Subway and took Mum to Aldi/Tesco, by the time I got home and cooked the dinner I fell asleep stupidly early, 1934 in fact!!!!

Today we are off to one of my Dads business clients to have a look at kitchens etc, I think we are set on what we are having but always good to have a look at ideas. I think it will be about 2 hours in the car each way but should be a nice day.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Lots of Love Serena x

I like the sound of your carpets. It all sounds very exciting and I'd love to pick out a new kitchen exactly to my taste. Have a fun day and I hope you find what you want x

I like the sound of your carpets. It all sounds very exciting and I'd love to pick out a new kitchen exactly to my taste. Have a fun day and I hope you find what you want x

Thank You :) I'm very lucky that Dad can make it all, I certainly would be saving for a long long time if I had to buy it at retail prices ;) x

Back