If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Thanks Girls, today has been a really crappy day and your messages have cheered me up no end. So after this mornings dismal WI, the weather was horrendous and I got soaked at work, I HATE the feeling of wet clothes on my skin so it just set me up for a rubbish day. Then my Class Teacher had an Accident at work, I gave first aid and sorted all the red tape stuff out but really didn't need that to deal with! Then to top it all, Mum had went in for routine cateract surgery today, there was a complication during the operation and she's really bad now :( Happy Friday to me!!!!
Say good bye to your crappy week draw a line underneath, have a fab weekend and start new on Monday, hope you're Mum gets better real soon x

Oh, no what a rubbish day. What went wrong with your mom?
At least it's the weekend and you don't have work until Monday.
Are you and poppy having a chill this evening?
X

Yeah what rubbish day, hope your mum is doing better? xx

Oh I hope your mum is okay Serena. xxx

Say good bye to your crappy week draw a line underneath, have a fab weekend and start new on Monday, hope you're Mum gets better real soon x

Sorry for the late reply, last night I didn't feel great and I just needed some quiet time.

So basically my Mum went in for a routine cateract surgery, whilst doing the operation the retina detached taking with it her sight :( They quickly sewed it back on and pumped it with steroids to help it regenerate but now it's a waiting game to see if it's worked. This wouldn't be so bad but my Mum has no sight in her other eye, so obviously that means she now can't see.

Yesterday's Food, I had my usual Breakfast and some of my lunch but felt a bit sick and didn't eat anything after 1145. I decided I would order myself an Indian in the evening, not had one since before Malta and I fancied it. So it arrived:

image.jpeg

I ate till I was full which was only about half, have boxed up the leftovers which I will probably have tonight.

This week I've decided I'm going freestyle, I know what's healthy and what's not, I know what's a portion and what's not so I'm going to see if I can be less hard on myself and actually do this sensibly and eat like a 'normal person' I'm still going to cook, I'll still have treats but I just want to see how I do. I might do badly but I don't want the restriction of a plan and I want to see how I go.

Have a great Saturday everyone, I'm off to look after my Mum today whilst Poppy is with her Dad.

Lots of Love Serena X

Morning,
Hope your feeling better today and hope your mum makes a full recovery, she's really going through it lately. It's nice your there to look after her and Poppy gets to enjoy time with her dad.

I think your food plan sounds good, I've not had an Indian in while so that looks lovely- we did order dominos the other night and it's looks like we got our meal free as they've returned the payment xx

Morning,
Hope your feeling better today and hope your mum makes a full recovery, she's really going through it lately. It's nice your there to look after her and Poppy gets to enjoy time with her dad.

I think your food plan sounds good, I've not had an Indian in while so that looks lovely- we did order dominos the other night and it's looks like we got our meal free as they've returned the payment xx

A free dominos?!? That's a definite winner!!!! Mine will work out quite good value too as it'll do dinner tonight too!!!!

I've also got to go to the new house between sorting Mum out, there's a few things I need to look at/sort out and I also need to measure the windows so I can budget for the curtains x

I'm sorry things went wrong with your mom. Fingers crossed it all heals and she regains her sight. It must be really scary not being able to see.

Your Indian looks lovely and great that it's done 2 days.

I like your plan of trying to find your own way diet wise. It will take some of the pressure off and hopefully, you'll get a good result from it.
X

Morning, hope your mum is okay when you go to see her. Indian looks yummy! Think that's going on my list for next treat night meal :) xx

It was super good, can't wait for the leftovers tonight!!!! X

I'm sorry things went wrong with your mom. Fingers crossed it all heals and she regains her sight. It must be really scary not being able to see.

Your Indian looks lovely and great that it's done 2 days.

I like your plan of trying to find your own way diet wise. It will take some of the pressure off and hopefully, you'll get a good result from it.
X

Sometimes I wonder how much more will be thrown at us as family but one things for sure we all drop everything to help each other out.

Got so much to say girls but I'll be back later, need a bigger screen to type a bigger update!!!! X

A free dominos?!? That's a definite winner!!!! Mine will work out quite good value too as it'll do dinner tonight too!!!!

I've also got to go to the new house between sorting Mum out, there's a few things I need to look at/sort out and I also need to measure the windows so I can budget for the curtains x

Aww what curtains are you hoping to get?

It was super good, can't wait for the leftovers tonight!!!! X
Sometimes I wonder how much more will be thrown at us as family but one things for sure we all drop everything to help each other out.

Got so much to say girls but I'll be back later, need a bigger screen to type a bigger update!!!! X
You sound such a close family that is so special.

Can't wait for your update! Hope it's been a good day and how is your mum doing? Xx

Aww what curtains are you hoping to get?

You sound such a close family that is so special.

Can't wait for your update! Hope it's been a good day and how is your mum doing? Xx

My family never used to be like it is now but losing my house (the one before this one) and my Brother/Nan and my car accident brought us closer together. X

Evening Everyone!

Wow what a day!

I looked after Mum for most of it, she's doing ok but I think she's getting frustrated and is a bit annoyed with herself for being an inconvenience! I made up a spread sheet for her medication, my Dad is so busy it will make it easier when he's on the nursing duty! Back over there before 10 tomorrow for the next round of my duty.

I might of accidentally gone on a shopping spree today for the new house! I wanted to cheer myself up so went to Wilko after being at Mums.

I got....Purple Kettle, Purple Toster, Purple Draining Rack, Purple Sink Bowl, more Purple Cutlery, more Heart Plates, 4 Lampshades! Oops!

I've just ordered the Curtains from Dunelm online as they didn't do the sizes in store, gone for Mauve to go with the Lounge Purple/Grey, Silver to go with Poppy's Bright Pink, Gold to go with the Playroom Beige and Duck Egg to go with my Dark Grey! Hope they all sound ok! I've tried to go with light to go with dark walls and dark to go with light walls if that makes sense!

I'd like a Duck Egg Blue Duvet I think, going to try B&M tomorrow as Wilko/Dunelm didn't have any I like.

Today's Food:

Breakfast (3 SW Pancakes, Strawberries, Raspberries)

image.jpeg

Lunch (In the foil is a Wholemeal cottage cheese sandwich, I didn't eat the wotsits as I didn't fancy them)

image.jpeg

Dinner (Leftovers)

image.jpeg

I actually think I've done ok today, I don't feel deprived or over full, feel like I've had what I've wanted and stopped if that makes sense.

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as productive as today,

Lots of Love Serena X

Your food looks amazing! your poor mum you've all gone through so much.

Our toaster is purple from Wilko's it doesn't match my kettle which annoys me, oh bought it while I was in hospital. You got some lovely things for your new home xx

That must be the same one as I think they only do one purple one! I got the kettle and toaster for £20 which is cheaper than most kettles are! I currently have a hot water dispenser which doesn't get very hot and a toaster which only toasts one side so I couldn't resist replacing for the matching bits for the new kitchen!

Here's the curtains I've ordered:

image.jpeg

Although mine and Poppy's look the same, they are different!!!! X

Last Night=Worst Sleep EVER :(

My silly brain just wouldn't switch off and however hard I tried I just couldn't sleep. According to my Fitbit I got just over 3hours, I'm gonna be exhausted later :( x

Shopping spree for the house sounds good, it's going to look fab! Hope your mum is doing well when you're there today. Food yesterday looked yummy again, especially that Indian! xx

Your shopping spree sounds amazing and I really like the curtains you have chosen.

Sorry you didn't get much rest last night but it's hardly surprising with everything that's going on.
I hope you're mom is better this morning and you manage to get some rest this afternoon
X

We've always buying in Wilko's. The curtains look fab - will have to look up the website. Aw any chance of an afternoon nap?

No chance :( X

Shopping spree for the house sounds good, it's going to look fab! Hope your mum is doing well when you're there today. Food yesterday looked yummy again, especially that Indian! xx

It tasted even better the next day!!!! I didn't think my portion was too massive either. X

Your shopping spree sounds amazing and I really like the curtains you have chosen.

Sorry you didn't get much rest last night but it's hardly surprising with everything that's going on.
I hope you're mom is better this morning and you manage to get some rest this afternoon
X

Thank you, I don't think I've got too bad taste!!! X

Feeling so tired and actually a bit sick this afternoon :( Mum isn't great, she has a pain in her face, her eye is very red and I think her speech is a little slurred too. X

Sounds like you and your mum both need some rest. It's the same in our house too much to do apart from looking after 3 little ones xx

It's not easy is it! X

Evening Everyone!

Today's been a tiring yet productive day!

I looked after Mum, she wasn't doing great today but had perked up a little when we left.

I also got our towels from B&M, saw them yesterday but just wanted to check prices elsewhere, as they were in the sale I couldn't match it! Here's the colour:

image.jpeg

I also went back to Dunelm and got a Stackable Tea, Coffee, Sugar Canister, it's awesome:

image.jpeg

I've also ordered the number plaque to go on the front of the house (I managed to get a company to make it for a fraction of the price of Next!):

image.jpeg

I also haggled with Sky and have booked it in for the day after we move! I managed to get a Sky Q Box, All Channels (except Movies/Sport), Unlimited Fibre Broadband and Line Rental for £39.31 a Month!!!! Am chuffed as I've always paid more than that with Virgin Media, have cancelled them for the same day too.

Today's Food

Breakfast-2 Cups of Tea, 5 Rich Teas, Rasperries and Strawberries (Couldn't face cooking after zero sleep)

Lunch-Cottage Cheese Sandwich, Salad, Activia 0% Pineapple, Cheestring Twisted and Strawberries

Dinner followed by an Apple

image.jpeg

I'm not sure if I'll have treats yet, will see how I feel.

I think considering I had next to no sleep my day hasn't been too bad!

Lots of Love Serena X

Back