If you have nothing nice to say ....

Jealous...lazy..pathetic! About sums her up!

Not a nice person. I had one of those in my family once - she came out with "the only reason your boyfriend goes out with you is because you sleep with him"!!!!!! We've now been married 19 years.

Just minimise contact with the person because they'll do your head in every time. Don't expect them ever to be nice because you'll never be disappointed then! You've done well - you know that, your family knows that - forget her!

Well done for losing four stones. Most of us have a Hyacinth somewhere in our families unfortunately. As my Mum says ' If you had a black cat they would have a blacker one' She is just jealous. Maybe you should encourage her to join SW to get her to concentrate on her weight not yours.

Ooooh give me her address so I can rip her off a strip!

Just minimise contact and rest easy that there is no diet for rudeness.

Such lovely comments from everyone - thank you so so much. feeling brighter today. Sadly I'm stuck with her tomorrow and Saturday but I shall rise above it and read these comments on my iphone if she p*sses me off!!
xx

I get this, mainly from my friend (who I love dearly but meh). When I got my 1stone award I happily mentioned it and SW.

Having done a nutrition degree she's a bit superior about the whole diet/nutrition thing so promptly chipped up with how these diets never work and everyone puts the weight back on.

I just smiled, nodded and have never mentioned it again.

At the end of the day you do this plan for you. Not for the comments you receive just for you.

It's hard to remember that somedays though :D

xx

giraffegirl said:
Such lovely comments from everyone - thank you so so much. feeling brighter today. Sadly I'm stuck with her tomorrow and Saturday but I shall rise above it and read these comments on my iphone if she p*sses me off!!
xx

And remember if she does say anything to turn it round to her "im wondering what your thinking is behind saying something like that" or "there's no need to be rude".

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

oh seriously just ignore this crap, they're only jealous that you're doing better than them. You have to give them a proverbial two fingers by working even harder at your weight loss goals! x

xx

Better still - read HER the comments on your iphone and watch how red her face gets lol

Well done - you've done brilliantly

OMG what a silly person. She clearly is an idiot and does she have any friends? I suspect very few.

Just be proud of who you are, and that you will NEVER be like her. Bitter and jealous.x

Me thinks jealousy comes to mind!!! I have lost 3 stone and the person I work with just moans that I never eat anything - that's why I have lost weight, which is not true......I just don't stuff my face all day at work......
Well done by the way!!

Definitely jealousy!

Ive learnt that when people put me down it just makes more damn determined to reach my goal....my friends have all said something that i could have taken to heart but i think 'you know what i dont care what you think' im happy so scr*w them little things like.....your thighs are skinnier than mine now.....god you must be nearly the same size as me which i kept quiet because i was actually smaller i didnt want to be judgemental just cos ive lost weight and come across that i was implyin they were now bigger which as it was me at one time can be hurtful!

I think i find it more hurtful from people who should be professional about the sensitive subject and those who dont even know me....

I went for a pill check in july and the nurse told me to get on the scales from my records she could see from my last check i had lost a fair bit of weight....hop on and see if youve managed to lose more weight....of course i was more than delighted to knowin it was to be even lower....her response to the scales....OH YOU have lost a BIT more weight (this bit being another 3 stone!!! In 6 months) so i said yes over 6stone in all now only a bit to go now....her reply....WELL the HARD part is KEEPING it off.....no pat on the back no well done no youve tried really hard.... Nothing...so much for encouraging people to lose weight as we are apparently an overweight society... No matter how hard i try ill never please that stuck up nurse....

.....no pat on the back no well done no youve tried really hard.... Nothing...so much for encouraging people to lose weight as we are apparently an overweight society... No matter how hard i try ill never please that stuck up nurse....

Some medical professionals really have no idea how to be motivational. I've seen 2 nurses recently about blood pressure (it was raised earlier this year so had to have frequent checks. It lowered to normal level so don't have to now). The first one just looked at my BMI and informed me it was a huge number (no sh*t, Sherlock) whilst looking me up and down. Horrendous appointment. The next one discussed food choices and lifestyle. When I next saw her, I'd lost weight and my blood pressure was lower. She congratulated me and was really supportive. She kept making me appointments with her instead of the other practice nurse so i wodnder if the other one had put some less than complimentary comments in my records!

I'm really lucky because my nurse that I have to see is also on sw! So every time I see her we talk about how well were doing and favourite meals! She's defiantly a big help. She's lost 4 stone already and such a lovely person.

Lol - I saw her again at the weekend and she managed ... "yes, you've done really well. Now keep it off!". I just smiled serenely and told her I intended to. Then asked when she was getting a face lift ... I was a bit drunk!

giraffegirl said:
Lol - I saw her again at the weekend and she managed ... "yes, you've done really well. Now keep it off!". I just smiled serenely and told her I intended to. Then asked when she was getting a face lift ... I was a bit drunk!

Haha that's hilarious! Well done you!! Xx

Back