Total Solution If you have to snack?

sheenad

What would be the best thing to have? I'm in day 2 and my mind is playing tricks on me big style! I really had to work on myself to stop being bad today. The first time I poured a very small glass of Asda cream soda and sipped it through a straw, but tonight I ate a raw carrot. A raw carrot in the context of what I normally put away is laughable, but I really did enjoy it and it did the trick! Probably not the lowest carb, but very low cal so hopefully I have just set ketosis back a bit.
Do any of you snack at all, and if so what on? Celery? Cucumber?

Cheers.

sheenad said:
What would be the best thing to have? I'm in day 2 and my mind is playing tricks on me big style! I really had to work on myself to stop being bad today. The first time I poured a very small glass of Asda cream soda and sipped it through a straw, but tonight I ate a raw carrot. A raw carrot in the context of what I normally put away is laughable, but I really did enjoy it and it did the trick! Probably not the lowest carb, but very low cal so hopefully I have just set ketosis back a bit.
Do any of you snack at all, and if so what on? Celery? Cucumber?

Cheers.

Sorry don't snack at all. I hope this doesn't sound smug or super human but I do this best with no snacks. I really believe you have to do what works for you. It's tough and not for me to judge. So if it works for you go for it, as you say compared with your previous intake what's a carrot?
It's not a race or a competition, so if it works for you go for it. It took a long time to put it on, so what if it takes a bit longer to take it off? Good luck whatever you do. It's brave and determined to do it all so well done.

GSQ

i feel you haven't given it long enough to let ketosis kick on, try not to snack in the first week. you will soon find you don't need snacks

Snack on chicken, also I like those little dried bacon packs too. I try not to but it's amazing what a little salty piece of chicken or bacon will do.

I try not to snack but understand that it is incredibly difficult.

Oh coke zero usually fixes any cravings I have.

Day 3 now. It's coming up to 12.30 and I haven't had anything yet. Yay! I also pee'd on a stick today and it was pink!:eek: Hoping that's ketosis kicking in? It's really funny because the OH and I were just saying how much money we'll be saving on food per month(both of us on total), but we'll be losing it on heating bills. lol We're both bloomin freezing.:D
Anyhoo - I've found something that's working. I didn't used to drink black coffee, but I'm mixing it up with a couple of drops of different food flavourings and sweetner. It's like having a vanilla, rum, almond syrup. I've checked that they aren't the oily ones and seem to contain no sugars, so all's well!
Cheers all!:D

if you do eat outside of the packs its better to eat keto friendly stuff like chicken/egg/lean meat/salad/fish/tinned tuna/tea/coffee/salt/pepper/coke zero because you are setting ketosis back, and just making it into a viscous circle of needing to eat.

And the person who said about getting past the first week is right. Once you are WELL into keto, and used to not eating, it really gets so so so much easier. I was really depressed through my first week, but now i'm just sailing :) hth xx

I'm on day 2 and I'd rather not eat tbh. I've had enough of food lately and the idea of not having to worry about food has been a blessing really and of the reasons I've switched to Exante.

I know if I were to snack, it's going to slow the process down, once I hit ketosis I know I'll be fine, I've just got to get there ;)

Is there a limit to how much coke zero you can have?

I'm on day 2 and I'd rather not eat tbh. I've had enough of food lately and the idea of not having to worry about food has been a blessing really and of the reasons I've switched to Exante.

I know if I were to snack, it's going to slow the process down, once I hit ketosis I know I'll be fine, I've just got to get there ;)

Is there a limit to how much coke zero you can have?

Some people can drink as much as they like, but a lot of people like to restrict it, because it can stall losses.

I tend to have about 2 glasses a day max (sometimes i'll have none but I know its there if needs be) but some people do drink as much as they like and never have problems.

I used to be freakin hooked on diet fizzy but I find in ketosis it just tastes so so so acidic and really just not nice lol.

Some people can drink as much as they like, but a lot of people like to restrict it, because it can stall losses.

I tend to have about 2 glasses a day max (sometimes i'll have none but I know its there if needs be) but some people do drink as much as they like and never have problems.

I used to be freakin hooked on diet fizzy but I find in ketosis it just tastes so so so acidic and really just not nice lol.

I've never been into fizzy drinks, I'd rather have cups of tea and flavoured water, which I've had to cut out now. I am still drinking my cups of tea with a splash of semi skimmed milk...hope this is ok?

I haven't gone over 2 cans of coke yet, think I'll see how I go, I'd rather have a can ok coke than get irritable, I guess I'll have to see what happens come weigh in day :)

I never used to drink my tea or coffee without milk or sugar. Now i don't have any in either. You will be amazed how much this diet changes your taste buds!

Theres 5g of carbs in 100ml milk so you have to watch not to take the piss too much. I tend to have no more than 100ml (which is 4 good cups worth), and its not affected ketosis for me :)

Christ!! 5gs..that's mad! What are the carb limits per day on Exante?

I think I've only had 2 or 3 cups at the most, which is hardly anything compared to what I would have...think I'll measure out my milk :cool:

I think I've only had 2 or 3 cups at the most, which is hardly anything compared to what I would have...think I'll measure out my milk :cool:

There is no official carb limit as everyone is different in terms of what they can tolerate to stay in ketosis. However, I would think that your 2-3 cups per day will be fine - it certainly hasn't done me any harm to have the odd splash of milk in my tea so far!

:)

Hiya,
Having done these kind of diets before (lipotrim) this was very strict. No fizz drinks or eating at all. So with this in mind I try not to have anything apart from the shakes and bars. I'm not hungry and if I feel like something sweet I have a coke zero. If your hungry it will pass but maybe drink a little more. Having been here before I found once I ate I was on the slippery slope and back to square one ! This has been my 1st week on Exante and had 2 high protein meals on Saturday and still had a good loss. If your going to eat maybe it would be an incentive to just do it on a designated day (weekend) then you've got something to look forward too. Think that's what I'm going to do. Hope you manage the munchies !! xXx

Telling someone to moderately snack whilst on a VLCD is like telling an alcoholic he can have a small sip during meal times...

It doesn't work. If we had self control naturally, we wouldn't be fat in the first place.

I've read stuff on t'internet (mostly weightbuilders forums) that say you have to stay under 20g of carbs per day, which sounds insane because there's that amount in every Exante pack! But yeah its pretty much a do at your own risk. Some people can't even tolerate that meagre 5g extra, yet some people can tolerate up to maybe even 40/50g extra. Its whether or not you yourself want to risk falling out of keto and being hungry :p

I don't even know if I am in keto :(

Think i'll start to find out more as time goes on...thanks for you help Hannata, you've been answering a lot of my questions :)

TripleWhopper said:
Telling someone to moderately snack whilst on a VLCD is like telling an alcoholic he can have a small sip during meal times...

It doesn't work. If we had self control naturally, we wouldn't be fat in the first place.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's better people know what's safe to have if they really are struggling.

For some people the occasional snack can and does work. Personally I think if recommending someone has a bit of chicken helps keep them on track rather than them giving up then it can't be all bad :)

Starlight said:
I can see where you're coming from but I think it's better people know what's safe to have if they really are struggling.

For some people the occasional snack can and does work. Personally I think if recommending someone has a bit of chicken helps keep them on track rather than them giving up then it can't be all bad :)

Well, with me it didn't work. Bit of chicken breast here, bit of chicken breast there... Next thing you know it turned into a full chicken mayo baguette lol

Same thing with eggs... Ah egg is ok blah blah...

Guess what did I buy?

Yup, scotch eggs...

Back