If you weigh between 12-13 stone step this way

sona1980

Gold Member
I need ur help!!

i reallllly need to lose 2-3lbs this months or my DOC will stop the xenical! I lose VERY slowly as i have less to lose!

AS UR IN THE SAME BOAT.. i think...

Please can u advise me on how to lose this.. im looking for some food ideas and activity ideas that wont make me thirsty as i will also be fasting!!

The reason im asking is that this is the deciding month.. plus im fasting so its not straight forward like other months AND ive had a holiday ( up 2lbs, down 2 lbs) but for some reason during TOM iv put on 2 lbs!

Ive got 2 weeks left to get my weight BELOW 12.8

Please help.

Hi Sona,
I did a bit of research on losing weight and exercising whilst fasting and have put a couple of links on here. They all seem to say the same things, like not over stuffing, not eating salty foods, exercising before breaking fast in the evening and either before breakfast or just after so you don't get dehydrated. walking up and down the stairs more and to and from work/or wherever will count towards exercising. Try to eat smaller more filling meals rather than one huge meal after you break your fast, that might make you feel less bloated. There is quite a lot of info if you google "losing weight during ramadan".
I wouldn't get too hung up on the Dr thing, explain to him/her that you have been fasting and maybe take a diary with you to show what you have been eating.
You have already lost 28lbs and thats just amazing, I wouldn't have though the doc wil stop your xenical when you've been fasting for religious reasons.
Hope this helps.
xxx

Islam Online- News Section
Al-Ahram Weekly | Living | Fighting Ramadan kilos
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/practices/ramadan_3.shtml

Last edited:
yes speak to the doctor about fasting and say its hard to exercise a lot without becoming thirsty , its dangerous to exercise without water in a lot of exercises so please be careful.. stick to the wii id say x

hey gals thanks for ur help!
im going to tell doc this month has been difficult due to fasting
and he has to give me tabs again for another month! only problem is that since iv been on the tablets i have lost a total of 8lbs. Thats all.. i dont even know if the tablets have actually done anytingas i have also been eating well and for some part was also doing weight watchers. Im lost i duno weather i want to stay on xenical hoping one day they will kick in or stay on them as i find it comftable knowing im TAKING something. DO u know what i mean?

Hey Sona

Sorry that you are finding things so tough at the moment, I know you try so hard!

If its any consilation I am stuck at 12stone 7, doing my head in but I think, in my case its psycological (kind of my target in a way) I think it have become complacent and I know I need a mega kick up the jacksie to get going again.

I think you are putting yourself under a hell of a lot of pressure, can you pick up again after the fasting period? If you can focus on one thing at a time surely it will be easier. In my experience, if you spend most of the day thinking about what you cant have you want it all the more.

I hope your head clears soon luvie

Julie x

hey sona!!

Hope u r well!

I know what u mean on wondering if the tabs are rite for you. I started mine in january ish time and for about 5-6 months i only lost 6lbs! I was getting so fustrated with them an i stuck at it and now ive lost almost two stones (the weight on my tracker is when i joined minis..sooo confusing!) But i started out on the tablets at 16st 7lbs. You were not as heavy as me and the lighter you are the harder it is to loose weight.

I really cant see your doc throwing you off them cos my doc sets me a target of 1lb per week cos its heathier and easier to keep off when u loose slower!

A thing that i had to watch was portion control. i was just pouring my cereal outta the box and was guessing 30g, or scooping flora light out with a knife. But when i measured them they were way over what i guessed them to be! Im also a terrible snacker! i dunno if u r the same! but i was always just pinchin a slice of chicken or grabing a hand full of the girls sweets! And it all adds up at the end of the day. Its a nightmare going to my grandmas as its like walking into mr kiplings factory hehe

Also if your eating a really low fat diet any way its possible you dont need to take the tabs. But i do under stand they are like a crutch so if u r tempted to go crazy you know what will happen lol

try not to get disheartened, you are loosing weight and if you hadnt started the healthy eating you would more than likely still be 14st 6! To get down to 12st 8 is amazing! And you have lost over 13% of our body weight so that will make a huge diference to your health and thats the most important thing!!

Hope u have a good day

luv kate
xxx

Hey sona. Hope your fasting is goin well :)

Im also following ramadan since the 22nd of Aug. Initailly i tried to stick to the 1000 plan, but ive only managed to lose 2lbs in the last 2 wks. Ive also got underactive thyroid and am finding it really hard to lose weight and my weight loss is very slow.

From today Ive decided i wanna come off of cd till ramadan is over and just cal count and watch what i eat as being on cd is pointless when i cant drink the required amount. Plus i feel i need fruit n veg and a balanced healthy meal....Ive got a 2yr old daughter and need energy to run after her all day long.

In the morn im having cereal n some fruit and in the eve steamed veg/rice with fish/chicken n loads of fruit. It keeps hubby happy as he gets really worried and concerned when im dieting in ramadan.

I think if i stay strict i might be able to lose 1-2lb a wk (which is about the same if i continue doing cd and not being able to drink enough water)

Hope you figure out a plan that suits you hun.
Take care.
xxx

Hey Sona

Sorry that you are finding things so tough at the moment, I know you try so hard!

If its any consilation I am stuck at 12stone 7, doing my head in but I think, in my case its psycological (kind of my target in a way) I think it have become complacent and I know I need a mega kick up the jacksie to get going again.

I think you are putting yourself under a hell of a lot of pressure, can you pick up again after the fasting period? If you can focus on one thing at a time surely it will be easier. In my experience, if you spend most of the day thinking about what you cant have you want it all the more.

I hope your head clears soon luvie

Julie x

Hey!

Snap! my weight seems to be stuck on 12.7 - 12.8 on a daily basis! im getting really fed up as a coupld of weeks ago it was 12.5-12.6! i dont feel like im getting any heavier and my clothes fit the same but i dont think that much would make any diff! im just babbling...

In all honesty its my own fault. All day i do really well i eat right i stick to the diet and then come nightfall and i mess up! i havente ven been fasting this week due to TOM and the antibiotics im taking for my toothache. I dont know whats going on with me. Its like im setting myself up for the fall... I duno. I cant stop the diet totally as i have a wedding to attned in october and i realllly wana be lighter for then. Ive put off buying the dress to wear for the wedding as i want it in a smaller size.

I start fasting again tomorow, im going to get back in control of myself. Going to go shopping on monday and buy some GOOD healthy foods to keep me going!!

im stopping the sweet intake ( dont know where this sweet tooth has come from) and stopping fried food. ( not really having much of this but still its always there due to ramaadan) got to stop the nibbling aswell.

Watch this space gals i AM goingt o lose 5lbs before endof OCT. I AM I AM I AM.

Going to write up my weight weeky now on my diary untill end of OCT. with or without the xenical.

also going to tell my doc to do one!! its difficult enough to diet during ramadan nevermind take the pills!

Ok starting over! (I HOPE)

thanks for ur messages gals!

Back