Ill and hungry :(

mrskyle88

Hi all

I have been feeling under the weather all week and got sent home from work today as I was struggling so much. I've kept to plan this week so far but today I am really struggling :(

I've already had a bar, cottage pie and chilli which only leaves my protein meal for the rest of today and I'm starving! I've been guzzling water all day as well which hasn't filled me up.

Any ideas what I can do?

When I say I'm hungry I do t mean in my head hunger I mean stomach has been growling for the last hour and something and I'm physically hungry x

OK, you should be in ketosis, so it's very likely to not be hunger. Not sure what type of illness you have, but maybe the one of the following things I've found out about what I thought was hunger might ring a bell perhaps? I get rumbling pains, really feels like I'm hungry and I've always fed this - after a bit more rumbling it's usually wind, repeated patting on the chest above your boobs (like winding a baby but on the front) can help release this. Another "hunger" pain with rumblings is thirst, particularly if you've got a bit of a temperature - try a glass of water and assess in half an hour. Biologically speaking, if you've eaten within the last 4 hours, then any rumblings are very unlikely to be hunger. Sometimes the rumblings of an upset tum on the way can also feel a bit like hunger.

Stay warm and well hydrated, and if you really absolutely must have something else, try the glass of water and reassess in half an hour, if it's still bad then an extra pack or some protein is much better than reaching for anything that could bring you out of ketosis. Hope you feel better soon - I did flu and bronchitis in December whilst on plan, it was no fun!

Back