I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours ;o)) xx

I'm already planning my next!! ;)

New tats :D

Triple Goddess with Pentagram - will post meaning if anyone's interested - and had the same small flowers put on my other ankle under the Om that was already there (bad pic!). Hurt like hell by the way - especially the flowers on second pic :( xx

Attachments

• Triple goddess sm.jpg
    Triple goddess sm.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 53
  • New Om sm.jpg
    New Om sm.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 53
You kept this quiet missy!!!!! Love them!! :) xx

Here's that meaning ...

Triple goddess symbol

One of the most well known Wiccan symbols, the Triple Goddess is depicted in several different ways. One example is a circle with an inverted crescent moon on each side. Used as a symbol of Wiccan recognition, the Triple Goddess Symbol signifies the changes of life, birth and death as well as the three aspects of the moon. Believing that as the moon moves through its waxing, waning and full cycle, life corresponds. As the Goddess is the Wiccan symbol for the feminine polarity of the universe, the Triple Goddess Symbol signifies the maiden, motherhood and crone stages of womanhood.

The pentagram inside the full moon (in the centre) makes it a pentacle The upward point of the star is representative of the spirit. The other four points all represent an element; earth, air, fire, and water. All these things contribute to life and are a part of each of us. A circle around a pentagram contains and protects. The circle symbolises eternity and infinity, the cycles of life and nature. The circle touching all 5 points indicates that the spirit, earth, air, water and fire are alll connected.
To wear a pentagram necklace or other form of jewelry, is to say you feel the connection with the elements and respect the earth.

So now ya know ;) :p xx

HaHa - I didnt actually know until 6.30 this morning that I was getting them done today so NOBODY knew ;)
My DIL's sister does them and she txt me to say she could fit me in. Gives it a chance to be scabbed over and all back to normal before we go away :) Glad you like them.

How's your doing? All healed and lovely?? xx

Love the meaning Jan thanks for sharing that with us :)

Where is the one with the inverted moons on your body? your other ankle?

Yes mines lovely and heeled now :) xxx

Yep - that's my left ankle :) xx

Here's that meaning ...

Triple goddess symbol

One of the most well known Wiccan symbols, the Triple Goddess is depicted in several different ways. One example is a circle with an inverted crescent moon on each side. Used as a symbol of Wiccan recognition, the Triple Goddess Symbol signifies the changes of life, birth and death as well as the three aspects of the moon. Believing that as the moon moves through its waxing, waning and full cycle, life corresponds. As the Goddess is the Wiccan symbol for the feminine polarity of the universe, the Triple Goddess Symbol signifies the maiden, motherhood and crone stages of womanhood.

The pentagram inside the full moon (in the centre) makes it a pentacle The upward point of the star is representative of the spirit. The other four points all represent an element; earth, air, fire, and water. All these things contribute to life and are a part of each of us. A circle around a pentagram contains and protects. The circle symbolises eternity and infinity, the cycles of life and
nature. The circle touching all 5 points indicates that the spirit, earth, air, water and fire are alll connected.
To wear a pentagram necklace or other form of jewelry, is to say you feel the connection with the elements and respect the earth.

So now ya know ;) :p xx

It's lovely Jan and the meaning is really interesting.....I've gone straight from maiden to crone.....how nice!

I don't think you have!! Not the way you talk about your animals! ... It's a 'way of being' rather than an actual 'role' ... a stage of caring for and looking after .. doesn't have to be children! :) xx

Oh that ok then! Tbh I think that I'd have been a smother mother.....I can't bear to let Dylan out of my sight since I lost Fudge.....

Still don't like the term 'crone':eek:

[SIZE=+2]I can't say I mind it myself :D .... this is rather long but if you get through it you'll realise why I'm quite happy to be a crone ....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Crone: Empowered, Wise, Self-defined[/SIZE]

The crone eludes precise definition. Some traditions, organizations, and individuals variously define the crone as a woman who is either 50, 52, or 56, post-menopausal, consciously aging, willing to acknowledge her shadow side. Crone is a term used to describe an ancient archetype, an aspect of the triple goddess (maiden/mother/crone), and the third phase of a woman's life. When a woman is near, in, or past menopause, she is potentially a crone. The designation refers to a perspective or point of view rather than a specific age or physical event.
A woman who calls herself crone is willing to acknowledge her age, wisdom, and power. Through conscious self-definition, she helps to reverse hundreds of years of oppression, degradation, and abuse aimed at old women. Although she may prefer to be called elder, grandmother, or wisewoman, she does not dismiss, disavow, or use pejoratively terms such as crone, witch, or hag.
The wisewoman/crone/grandmother realizes that the true meaning of these terms, and the woman-centered traditions from which they originate, have been obscured and distorted by patriarchal systems.
In ancient times, the crone was revered as an old woman who embodied wisdom and knew the truth of cyclic existence. Crones cared for the dying and were spiritual midwives at the end of life, the link in the cycle of death and rebirth. They were healers, teachers, way-showers, bearers of sacred power, knowers of mysteries, mediators between the world of spirit and the world of form. In pre-patriarchical societies, women's wisdom held healing power, and crone wisdom was the most potent of all. For nearly thirty thousand years, old women were strong, powerful sources of wisdom. Crones were respected and honored in their communities.
Then patriarchy demanded obedience to outer authority and acceptance of linear concepts. Death became a finality, the end of the line. Because crones followed inner guidance and knew the truth of the cycle of life, they were dangerous to the hierarchy. Old women were persecuted, shunned, and denigrated. Although our forecrones resisted, persisted, and adapted in any way they could, most of our traditions have been lost. The lineage of crone teachings, herbal remedies, sacred practices, and wisewoman ways was broken when the information was burned, buried, and otherwise silenced.
Crone consciousness is on the rise today, spreading in a grassroots movement throughout America and around the globe. We are awakening the ancient crone within ourselves, and learning to trust the power of our inner knowing. We will not become invisible, trivialized, or shamed by a society obsessed with youth and terrified of aging.
We honor each person's wisdom, and take part in dismantling the ageist, ableist, racist, classist, sexist, heterosexist, and other hierarchical structures that separate us from ourselves, our forecrones, one another, and our connection with all beings. We teach, speak, and quietly inspire one another, all women, and all peoples who wish to embrace the totality of life. We are reviving the ancient custom of croning with ceremonies that celebrate the fullness of our evolution. We respect the crones who preceded us and pass on our wisdom to those who will follow. We tell our sacred stories one-to-one, in small and large gatherings, at conventions and meetings. We name our blessings and challenges, the truths and the treasures of our lives, sharing the harvest of our life experience. Empowered from within and strengthened by our growing numbers, we claim our place as elders in our families, communities, and groupings. We are women of age, power, and wisdom. We are honored to be known as crones.

Well that throws an entirely different light on the matter! Yup I agree Jan, I am happy to be a crone too!

YAY!!!! Another recruit ;) xxx

Okay - I'm being thick - you'll have to explain these to me Mary :eek:

Me too.....no good at cryptic clues.....

Back