Illness and comfort eating

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Sassia, 10 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Slimming World
    I have a sinus infection. I was sick over the weekend but now just feel like a have a bit of flu. Problem is when I feel ill I like to go to the same comfort foods. Toast and marmite (oh yeah, and butter!) and cheesy mashed potatoes....It takes me a few days to get back to normal eating, but hopefully I won't have undone too much by the time I am back to normal. Not sure how to deal with comfort eating when you don't feel up to anything else. Any ideas?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Pomooky125

Pomooky125 Silver Member

Eating like a normal person
    Hi Sassia - Do you like porridge? Baked potato? Crackers & Low Philly? Soup? They're all comfort foods (but not as nice as creamy mash!)
    Pomooky XX
  4. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Slimming World
    I do like porridge. Never thought of that before. There's some good idea you've given me, thanks!
  5. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL
    Hi Sassia,

how are you feeling now? For comfort food I like a SW version of rice pudding, done with splenda brown sugar and cooking in water and adding the (soya for me) milk afterwards. Raisins are nice too but up the calories :(
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.