I'm a bit hurt

EllieMellie

Silver Member
Hi All

I just have to get this off my chest..

I have decided that I want to change my goal weight, from 10 stone 4 (healthy BMI) to take me to the 9 stone something mark. I don't think it is unachievable and would take me to the weight I was in my early twenties. The pychological difference for me between 9 stone 13 and 10 stone is HUGE!
A friend has come back and said that I need to remember that my goal should be 'sustainable, like, for life'.
I feel like she has rained on my parade..who is she to tell me what I can and can't achieve?
The way I look at it, you should aim for the best you can be, otherwise you are compromising yourself with half efforts.

Am I over-reacting?

Ellie xx

Only you can make the decisions needed to maintain your weight at 9st 13 or whatever you want it to be. Ignore your friend, maybe she is trying to be constructive but it came out wrong. Prove her wrong :p

Nope, you are right hun. Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy!!!!!! that's it. You go for your new goal and let no one come in your way of it. xxx

I agree that some goals would be hard to maintain but only you can decide that, it's not for her to say.

Thanks both. This friend started CD the week before me but gave up after two weeks.. x

Crossed posts with you there, eyeontheprize - I agree, it may be too hard to maintain but I have to give it a go! x

Well she failed, proves she is jealous. Just you do what is right for you and with what you've achieved so far, there's no stopping you

Ellie, like others have said... see your friend's comment as THE BIGGEST GIFT you've been given this week :) Use your determination to spur you on even more and sprint towards your 9-13 goal. You know your body and commitment better than your friend. Also, she might have issues with her own body/self-image.

One of the best bits of advice I have ever been given: 99.9% of the things people say are a reflection of their own issues and has zero to do with you.

Smile and work it out babe! :) xx

Thanks Ladies!!
Here's to another 100% day <raises glass of fizzy water>! xx

hiya luv, every diet i do i aim 11st as my goal, and never reach it, this time i set my goal at 9st 7lb, every one is laughing and thinks thats funny cos its 7 stone below my heaviest. it only makes me more dettermined to get there. if im not happy and think its to low i can gain a little. go for it.do what you want to do. and good luck xxxx

Last edited:
hiya luv, every diet i do i aim 11st as my goal, and never reach it, this time i set my goal at 9st 7lb, every one is laughung and thinks thats funny cos its 7 stone above my heaviest. it only makes me more dettermined to get there. if im not happy and think its to low i can gain a little. go for it.do what you want to do. and good luck xxxx

Thanks honey! You are not alone, we can do this together!
Aim high!! xx

great loss so far, 4 bmi points down is great xxx

Fantastic first loss by the way! x

i am loving it, not hungry not even missing food, but missing tastes, if that makes sense. feel great already. happier, calmer, actually starting to love life again. but i wouldnt have got this far without all you guys xxx

That's ace. You will be wearing a fab new outfit at this year's birthday do, honey! xx

Good luck all and here's to proving everyone wrong! WHOOP! X

Back