I'm a bit worried...

BlackRose

Gold Member
When I started taking my old shakes I weighed myself in Boots and it showed had me at 14st 9lbs. I was quite happy enough because that only made me a pound heavier than when I started LT last september (an abysmal failure).

But I was starting to struggle under my own steam so on Monday I went to the chemist and got going officially. When I stepped on the scales I was expecting to see at that I'd be at least lighter than 14st 9 but they had me 14st 11!!!!!! I know different scales and that but really??

I know I should maybe just go back to Boots and check there because it's been a week now of proper LTing but I dont want to be disheartened when it comes to the 'official' WI on Monday.

Should I just forget the Boots WI and think of myself as having started on Monday with thhe chemist or what?

I'm worried about it. BUt I suppose a loss is a los is a loss and I can't not lose right? Sigh -I'm confused.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

So disappointing for you!!

It's hard to do knowing they weight you lighter, BUT i would say stick with the LT pharmacy scales, take Monday as your day 1, stick with official weigh ins and try to ignore the fact that you ever saw 14st9lb - besides you will be there and past it very very soon by sticking with LT 100% :)

I think many of us go on our home scales (i've started it recently!) but it's so important to not take them too seriously as the pharmacy/GP scales are the official ones.

As you say yourself, you can't NOT lose on LT. Just keep going, drink your 2+ litres water every day and you WILL get there.

Yeah em, you're right, I think I'll do that. I just wish the pharmacist's scales weren't old shabby looking everyday bathroom scales! lol

I'll just hang in there.

Thanks woman!!

DIFFERENT SCALES WILL ALWAYS SHOW DIFFERENT WEIGHTS!!!! If you weigh at a friends house, the pharmacy, the clinic and at home I 100% guarantee you'll weigh 4 different weights!!! I agree with Ell-em, forget the Boots weigh-in and go with the pharmacy weight- thats the one that matters. I do weigh at home as well, but I take note of both my 'pharmacy' weight, and my 'house' weight so I have a rough idea if I'm losing. So far so good?

i do that too irishmum. was willing to get into the 16stones, that's why the last few days i've been hopping on and off my scales, lol. but i use them as a guide and trust the pharmacy ones.

BlackRose, you'll get there:)

Please don't focus on what you weigh on the Boots scales, just go on the once a week Pharmacie WI. Once you start losing, you will be going on how you look, more than what the scales tell you. And yes, My Pharmacie has some crappy looking old scales too....but I've grown to luv 'em!!!

Please don't focus on what you weigh on the Boots scales, just go on the once a week Pharmacie WI. Once you start losing, you will be going on how you look, more than what the scales tell you. And yes, My Pharmacie has some crappy looking old scales too....but I've grown to luv 'em!!!

Lmao! Hopefully I'll grow (or shrink) to love these scales too! :D

I feel better ladies, gonna forget boots and stick with the pharmacy. :D

Damn that sucks melons :(

But hey, 2lbs difference isn't bad, it's better than reading at 15 stone innit?

Chin up, just keep going and you'll be waaaaaay lower than 14st 11lbs :) :hug99:

Honestly chick! I would go through the chemists weigh in and take it from there! Instead of having the confusion of going between two scales!

You will still see losses from the chemist each week! xx

Stick to the chemists! Every scales are different my bathroom ones have me at 10 stone 12 but my wii fit has me at 11 stone 2lbs!! ha ha everyone is different x

I just think you should look in the mirror & realise what a star you are for getting back on this mad wagon & sod the scales :) Easy said I know.
Hun you will of lost a few pounds easy ya KNOW that in ya heart of hearts & like you say if ya step on Boots ones then chemist ones are more again next week its just gonna add total confusion.
Good luck whatever ya decide but I think ya should stick with chemist & celebrate at next weigh in :)

Niki
xx

Back