I'm a confused returner!

MiniMinx

I am sitting here wondering why I do this to myself. I only had a stone and a half to loose when I quit... now I am back to square one and once again I have 3.6 stones to loose. I think I have just been stuffing my face with all the worst things possible, with zilch confidence from all the criticisms I've been receiving. But, I know I want to loose it... as NOTHING fits, and I need to regain control of my life.

I partly think, maybe the Cambridge Diet or a very low calorie diet is not the way for me because I just binge once I stop the diet. However, I know it works and I don't have the patience for Weight Watchers and so on. I'm not sure what to do/

I think I just have to stop where I am, stop gaining weight, stop thinking and just do the CD.

Sorry for the long winded message, I think I just need to tell someone my thoughts, and maybe get some support to show those who criticise at Christmas, AND PROVE IT TO MYSELF.

Thanks for listening.

wow it seems to me that you know what YOU want to do to sort your weight out, but you need to do it for you and stick the v's up at those thoughtless selfish people who are critasising you. How on earth is that gonna help you?
us folks here on MM are always here to support you through therouh and the smooth

good luck hun xoxox

Thank you so much... it seems to be that the closest people to you are more like enemies and bring you down. It is lovely to know people that are strangers are really your friends. What keeps you motivated?

Miniminx, I know exactly what you mean about the weight, the diet and those closest to you.

The weight yes, why do we not complete our mission and then put more weight on? I think for me, I lose a bit of weight and then get cocky and think that I can take a day off which turns into two days and because I am kidding myself into believing that I am going to restart, I treat everyday as my last day before CD and stuff my face! Sound familiar at all?

Those closest to you - well I probably only have one really true friend that has been supportive in the trials and tribulations of CD. Where as my other closest friend is a health freak and is concerned about me and she dislikes the diet but she knows how much my weight can get me down and if it builds my confidence, isn't that a good thing?! Some members of my family are quite *****y and the look on their faces is incredibly rude. They make their sly comments and have their little digs BUT the last laugh will be mine!

Good look in your journey ladies.

MiniMinx wishing you well on your journey. Read the diary threads they will keep you motivated. I finally am at day 19 after many failed re-starts and find the diary helps keep me motivated along with Minmins members of course. Remember and diet plan is hard, CD is by no means easy. I am most fortunate as my husband and children and sister are so very supportive. They, won't let me go off piste. I haven't told anyone at work or my close friends and that is what I did last time when I did lose successfully. It isn't easy but you can do it. I have my ups and downs like everyone, but each successful day is an achievement and my view is I don't want to undo all the hard work to date. I am sure you can you do this, you have done it before.

I partly think, maybe the Cambridge Diet or a very low calorie diet is not the way for me because I just binge once I stop the diet. However, I know it works and I don't have the patience for Weight Watchers and so on. I'm not sure what to do/

I think I just have to stop where I am, stop gaining weight, stop thinking and just do the CD.

I have been thinking EXACTLY the same lately. When I stop the diet, I STUFF myself with anything and everything but also, like you, I havent got the patience for WW etc... So Im gonna get back on the diet (eventually) and whilst on it try reading some books about healthy eating etc... for when I do come off.

So Im gonna get back on the diet (eventually) and whilst on it try reading some books about healthy eating etc... for when I do come off.

I think this is exactlt it. I have also managed to pile the pounds back on by eating stupid food. I think the key is to re-educate ourselves about food. And also to gain some portion control. We have to think that we have gone however long without any food so we really don't need a mountain of pasta. I also think excercise is a big part of it. I need to get myself into doing it and hopefully it will be a big part of maintaining.

hi miniminx,

well done on realising what you want and what you have to do, i know how it feels and the diet is tough to crack. i started back in january but not for myself so id failed from the start i did shift almost 3 stone but i didny change my eating habits and regained 1.5 stne in 6 weeks (its scary how quickly the weight goes back on isnt it) well ive started back on it today but im doing it for me and im in a better frame of mind now.

i done LL 3 yrs ago and what was good about that is you get cognitive behaviour therapy so you start to understand what has made your eating habits the way they are today eg - when youre a kid and youre parents say youre not moving fae the table till you finish youre dinner or think of the poor kids that dont get meals. this can seriously alter the way you are with food today.

good luck with youre journey xx

My neighbour started and finished her short journey whilst I'm still on my big one. But she followed the mainetance moving up the plans to the letter! Months on and she is still the extact weight she finished on.
Me, I fall off ands punish myself by eating everything!!
Not this time, I follow the rules. Will loose the last bit and move up the plans as prescibed, by the rules and will keep the weight off! I can doo the diet but I also need the diet to re-educate my eating habits after.

Back