Extra Easy Im a little confused!

Siobhmrk4

As the heading says - im confused :lost:

Ive been going to group since the start of October and have had good losses each week since then. Now that im closer to my target my weight loss has slowed down a lot, but ive excepted that and I know I will get there.

Last week at weigh in I weighed in at 10stone 12lbs, which means I lost 1.5lbs from the previous week. Then at weigh in this week I weighed in at 10stone 11lbs, which I thought meant I lost 1lb this week. But the lady that does the weighing in at group wrote in my book -1/2 lb loss.

I asked her why Id only lost 1/2lb when my weight is now 10stone 11lbs which is clearly a 1lb loss? She tried to explain (not very well) that sometimes the scales can be inbetween lbs.

Its left me totally confused now and I was wondering if anyone on here can explain it to me? And is she right or wrong about my weight loss? Thank you.

I would have thought that the number you see on the scales is what they should write in your book.

So did I. The scales showed that I was 10stone 11lbs, but she said it showed a 1/2lb loss on her computer. Really confused over it. I don't want to blame the lady because it may not be her fault. But at the same time Im wondering could there be a logical explaination for it?

So did I. The scales showed that I was 10stone 11lbs, but she said it showed a 1/2lb loss on her computer. Really confused over it. I don't want to blame the lady because it may not be her fault. But at the same time Im wondering could there be a logical explaination for it?

doesn't make sense to me - I'd check with the consultant

Ive had similar before, the scales have said that i maintained but the computer thing said i gained half, so the gain was written in my book, our weigh lady said that it was because i got of the scales to quick???

This happened to me this week!
I was on 11lbs on the scales, but her machine was showing 11.5lbs. She said that sometimes if you are heavier than the 11lbs, but lighter than the 11.5lbs the computer automatically rounds it up, so like 11.25lbs.
Not fair :( I wanted that extra 1/2lb off :D

Hi Lucy. I don't think it was because I jumped off to quickly. I like to get my weight in KG as well as LBS so im usually on the scales for longer.

This happened to me this week!
I was on 11lbs on the scales, but her machine was showing 11.5lbs. She said that sometimes if you are heavier than the 11lbs, but lighter than the 11.5lbs the computer automatically rounds it up, so like 11.25lbs.
Not fair :( I wanted that extra 1/2lb off :D

Well done Sophie on losing 11lbs in a week. Thats FAB!! I totally get that it has to round up or down. But now im wondering why the scales and computer aren't the same?

I remember this happening to me when they first switched over to the computerised system. The WI lady told me the computer reading was the one they recorded and not the one on the scales. It's a bit silly, why show us the scales reading if it's not even right?

I remember this happening to me when they first switched over to the computerised system. The WI lady told me the computer reading was the one they recorded and not the one on the scales. It's a bit silly, why show us the scales reading if it's not even right?

Exactly - I think it could be quite demoralising to see a loss to be told no it's a sts or worse a sts is a gain :mad:. I understand the rounding but why the 2 aren't the same is beyond me.

Im going to say it to the consultant next week and see if she can explain it to me. I really don't get it. Now I have two different weights recorded in my book - my actual weight and then my total loss in lbs so far(which when you add up and take away from my starting weight is not the same as my current weight) :mad:

Exactly - I think it could be quite demoralising to see a loss to be told no it's a sts or worse a sts is a gain :mad:. I understand the rounding but why the 2 aren't the same is beyond me.

This is my point exactly. If the scales and computer are part of the same set up, surely they should give you the same reading. It is quite demoralising - especially when I put in a lot of effort every week trying to get to target :confused:

Back