I'm a little confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what he's advising and how much he knows about physiology when it comes to dieting.

Well I'll take a risk and go with what a fully educated doctor says over someone who hasn't got the qualifacations.

I wasn't disputing that. You were comparing LL, CD etc to other diets under 1,000

Yes of course I was. The way some of you go on here is almost as if the girl was making out she was going to take in about 400-500 cals a day

Excellent. Most people don't though, so if you are going to advise people to eat less that 1,000 cals, and tell them it's healthy, I hope you will be able to help with any underlying symptoms they might not notice.

What?! It's not as unhealthy as you're trying to make out. I find it rather ironic KD that you're a CD coundseller who does a diet well under 500 cals a day and you're telling me off for saying it;s ok for going under 1000 cals? I'm amazed

I have heard of a number of people die on a particular diet made of 500 calories. Did they realise that they were starving themselves? Did they realise that to eat more they would live? I doubt it. I very much doubt that they saw the signs and yet still refused to eat.

Well then that is their problem. You're all adult at the end of the day. I'm not going to spoon feed you no more than you will do me.I'm not here to tell people what diet they should do or not do. each to their own. I wish people would stick to that without trying to tell me I'm wrong with my way of thinking.And NO I still haven;t heard of anyone dying from eating no more than 1000 cals a day. I didn't ask for examples for under 500...

You are free to do exactly what you want obviously. Just picked up on the fact that you mentioned about CD, LL etc and led people to believe eating under 1,000 calories a day of your own choice of foods was perfectly healthy.

Oh and yes it is healthy mind you had you read my comment to steph you would have read I said I wasn't eating crap etc. So no I'm not promoting to eat whatever you wish as long as its under 1000 cals. You can eat 1000 cals of healthy food a day and still be healthy.

Oh and yes it is healthy mind you had you read my comment to steph you would have read I said I wasn't eating crap etc. So no I'm not promoting to eat whatever you wish as long as its under 1000 cals. You can eat 1000 cals of healthy food a day and still be healthy.

You were talking about under 1000, and you said you never go over 1000, so I assume that some days you go under....but that's beside the point.

Assuming you have your macronutrients at a healthy level for such a low calorie (which obviously will be different than the macronutrient levels for a diet of between 1200-1500 (as I suspect you know), and the protein and amino acids are catered for then, you may be on a more healthy plan. If you are taking what is classed as typical healthy foods without taking into account the higher protein levels that are needed when calories go low, then it may not be as healthy as you think.

You may well be losing weight, and also feel fine, but your leptin levels and loss of LM make it difficult to maintain.

Since your doctor has advised you to go on such a low plan, and I'm sure he wouldn't do so without having qualified to a higher level in this area, I shall assume that he has laid out the correct percentages that you need to follow as the average diet book/healthy eating plan would be different.

And, if so, maybe if you are going to advise others that it's healthy, you should share the good advice that your doctor should have given you.

You were talking about under 1000, and you said you never go over 1000, so I assume that some days you go under....but that's beside the point.

Assuming you have your macronutrients at a healthy level for such a low calorie (which obviously will be different than the macronutrient levels for a diet of between 1200-1500 (as I suspect you know), and the protein and amino acids are catered for then, you may be on a more healthy plan. If you are taking what is classed as typical healthy foods without taking into account the higher protein levels that are needed when calories go low, then it may not be as healthy as you think.

You may well be losing weight, and also feel fine, but your leptin levels and loss of LM make it difficult to maintain.

Since your doctor has advised you to go on such a low plan, and I'm sure he wouldn't do so without having qualified to a higher level in this area, I shall assume that he has laid out the correct percentages that you need to follow as the average diet book/healthy eating plan would be different.

And, if so, maybe if you are going to advise others that it's healthy, you should share the good advice that your doctor should have given you.

Well actually should anyone who is following a diet plan that doesn't allow them to go over 1000 cals per day I most certaintly will share with them what I know and what does work.Or should I say what my fully qualified GP knows! I for one will not sit on CC and be told by someone who isn't qualified what they class as unhealthy to be facts. It's common sense at the end of the day and whilst you may not agree with what I'm saying that doesn't make me incorrect. I still find it ironic you're promoting a liquid diet that does less than half the cals I'm saying is ok and yet you're telling me it's unhealthy...Even if you add a meal on CD thats still only about 600 cals a day. I'm not saying you should eat 600 a day I am saying it's fine to do a 1000. <shrug>

I still find it ironic you're promoting a liquid diet

I'm not promoting anything. CDC is mentioned in my sig, cos that the rules.

that does less than half the cals I'm saying is ok and yet you're telling me it's unhealthy..

I explained the difference. You obviously don't understand, and I don't know how to explain it in any simpler manner, so I have no further wish to continue on this thread.

I'm not promoting anything. CDC is mentioned in my sig, cos that the rules.

I explained the difference. You obviously don't understand, and I don't know how to explain it in any simpler manner, so I have no further wish to continue on this thread.

Oh right is that what it is? lol the irony here is unreal. Do not even dare try and insult me KD. I maybe a lot younger than you but stupid I am not. I think thats for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back