I'm a Newbie (not really)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tulipz, 28 June 2011 Social URL.

1. tulipz

tulipz Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Vegetarian diet - junk free
    Hi All,
    I've been trying to lose weight for about 4years. Some of you will want to kick me on the bum...I have about 22 lb to lose to come to my absolute recommended weight...or just 14-15lb to be 'normal'... the reason why I couldnt push myself to meet these small targets was that I was really depressed. I was least intersted in looking good. I had a sad job, lived in a lot of stress. Now that I managed to clean up most of the mess in my life, I am giving this a serious go. Honestly, 22lb (5'4) doesnt make me look obese... it makes me look overweight. I am naturally a slim person. I've eaten so much junk (towards the end of uni) that I forced my body to become fat... so my main problem is fat in odd places...(unlike ppl who are fat throughout) I have a slim face, neck, legs... I hate my big boobs, big tummy tyre and odd bums....

I am despreate now. I am 29 and will turn 30 in april. Also, we are planning to visit family towards the end of this year. I really really really really want to look myself.. I want to look good for myself, my Dh and to set an example for my 3 yr old daughter....

The problem is, I lose motivation very quickly or get diverted with other things...

I am starting with

1. drinking 1lt of water (i havent even been drinking 250ml until now)
    2. Cut down crap (biscuts, icecream, chocolate, cereal for dinner)
    3. Limit cereal to mornings ( I am a cereal addict)
    4. Slowly bring exercise into my sedentary routine (I walked up 5 floors this morning).

People, please dont mind, I am going to write every small bit of my journey into this thread....this is to help me keep up with motivation

My weigh in day will be tuesday... TBH, I dont know how much I weigh now...will go downstairs and check during lunch time

I welcome weight loss buddies...ideally someone with about 20-30 lbs to lose...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tulipz

tulipz Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Vegetarian diet - junk free
    Managed to squeeze in good amount of exercise today. 16 floors by stairs and some walking. Drinking loads of water and trying to eat healthy.

4. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    Hi hun and welcome to Minis..You might find it better to start a diary, in the diary threads, you may get a bit more traffic coming to your diary and make a few friends along the way!

Good luck!

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Good luck with the pounds

Irene xx

6. JayceeTu

JayceeTu Full Member

Good luck from me too.

It's hard going at times but stick to it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.